East Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
DEAR ABBY: My daughter was repeatedly date-raped at the age of 16. Her predator threatened to kill her if she ever told, so she kept it to herself until she could get away from him. It was a very scary time in her life, but with the help of counseling she is working through it and moving on with her life.
The problem is, while visiting with my in-laws it was pointed out to us that my mother-in-law had made a collage of pictures and included in it the person who raped my daughter. In all, there are five pictures of him in group settings. When my husband asked her calmly to remove them, she refused. She says it would punish the other grandchildren if she removed the pictures, and it would "ruin her collage."
We have asked her three times, but she refuses to budge. She says we all need counseling and that the request is completely out of line. Do you think our request was out of line?-- APPALLED IN ILLINOIS
DEAR APPALLED: Of course not! Was your mother-in-law aware of what this person had done to her granddaughter when the collage was created? If so, her reaction is bizarre and unbelievably insensitive.
Approach her once more and ask if she would agree to take the collage to a photographer so your daughter's attacker can be digitally edited out of it. If that's not possible, perhaps she would agree to take down the collage when your family visits. However, if the response to that request is also negative, I wouldn't blame you if you went there very rarely, if ever.
Grandma is mentally ill, evil, or BOTH....Case closed!!
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

This from a lady who wakes up the the smell of horse manure....
Yeah, its lilac honey, not barley and straw!
Shari23 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that is lilac......
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

RACE wrote:
I had a pair of minitonka shoes, deer skin or something. Most comfortable shoes I ever owned, but after 6 months, they stank like nobody's business, had to trash them.
<quoted text>
When I travel I stuff a sock in teh shoe so itdoesn't stink up my suitcase. Easy to address shoes as a source. Its harder if it is teh feet themselves. She could follow him around spraying Lysol on his nekkid toes, I suppose.(Great visual there)Cure athletes foot too.
Julie

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

LW1: I'm guessing that Grannie of the Year doesn't believe her grand-daughter was raped or, if she was, that she "deserved" it (maybe because she wore a skirt above her knees). Tell the nasty btch to drop dead and stay away from her from now on.

LW2: Of, for eff sake--grow up, just say "thank you" and move on, you moron.(And I'm saying this as a "non-believer.")

Since: Dec 09

Smalltown, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

RACE wrote:
This from a lady who wakes up the the smell of horse manure....
Yeah, its lilac honey, not barley and straw!
<quoted text>
Argh - you got me there. And my newest horse is particularly stinky.
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Maybe its the change of diet?
Shari23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Argh - you got me there. And my newest horse is particularly stinky.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe the damn horse just stinks.
Anonymous

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

1: I think it's obvious the girl dated this guy who pushed himself on her more than once. They probably dated awhile, which is why he's in lots of photos, probably mingled in between the other grandkids and grannt doesn't want to cut them out.

I also have a feeling, since daughter told no one for too long, that granny has no clue and is just reacting to her perceived feelings that the request is just being made because he's an ex-bf, not an ex-rapist.

Need more info on this one.
Anonymous

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

I hate shoes in the house. Do you know the crap you step in in the world? No way I want others' fecal matter, urine, and sputum traipsing through my carpet.
Shoe are on/off by the front door.

I rarely wear socks though, but I live in central FL.
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Have you tried maybe walking around that stuff and not through it?
cheluzal wrote:
I hate shoes in the house. Do you know the crap you step in in the world? No way I want others' fecal matter, urine, and sputum traipsing through my carpet.
Shoe are on/off by the front door.
I rarely wear socks though, but I live in central FL.

Smalltown, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what it is. His manure just smells different from the others. Weird.
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

TMI!
Shari23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what it is. His manure just smells different from the others. Weird.

Smalltown, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

RACE wrote:
TMI!
<quoted text>
I totally apologize but manure is one of the biggest chores I have to do everyday so I tend to analyze it to death. Am I obsessed? Probably....and I thought my OCD was under control.
Anonymous

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Have you tried maybe walking around that stuff and not through it?
<quoted text>
Are you retarded on purpose?
Do you not use public restrooms? Unseen fecal/urine on the floor.
People spit and blow snot on the ground and you step in it without seeing.

The bottom of your shoes are germ-infested and then you walk through your house--or if you're crass like some--put your feet on tables, etc.
taz

Ashville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

marker 1229.9
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

No, not retarded om purpose, I think God just made me that way.
As for public restrooms, that is so many foot falls away from my door step that I just dont think about it. Do you? Honestly? Do you worry about the crap you bring in from outside and drag accross you rugs?
Why?
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom of your shoes are germ-infested and then you walk through your house--or if you're crass like some--put your feet on tables, etc.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a germphobe and I agree with this. NIck's sister asked people to take their shoes off in her house because of the crawling baby -- I hadn't thought of it from a crawling baby on the floor perspective.

“ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a germphobe and I agree with this. NIck's sister asked people to take their shoes off in her house because of the crawling baby -- I hadn't thought of it from a crawling baby on the floor perspective.
On the one hand, I was considering trying to do this when we replace our carpets. Our carpets are filthy and if keeping shoe off of them will extend their life, I'm all for it. But on the other hand, it just seems like it would be a hassle when we have lots of people over for a party. People are going to want to have their shoes on if they go out in the back yard. People go in and out regularly, so to have shoes going on and off every time would be a pita. The germ thing does not even phase me.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>On the one hand, I was considering trying to do this when we replace our carpets. Our carpets are filthy and if keeping shoe off of them will extend their life, I'm all for it. But on the other hand, it just seems like it would be a hassle when we have lots of people over for a party. People are going to want to have their shoes on if they go out in the back yard. People go in and out regularly, so to have shoes going on and off every time would be a pita. The germ thing does not even phase me.
That's an issue maybe 1/3 of the year here -- summer. Otherwise, it's often wet enough that people generally take their shoes off upon entering someone's home here. I Hate it -- sometimes, the shoes or boots are part of a cute outfit.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an issue maybe 1/3 of the year here -- summer. Otherwise, it's often wet enough that people generally take their shoes off upon entering someone's home here. I Hate it -- sometimes, the shoes or boots are part of a cute outfit.
You always have to make sure you have a cute pair of socks on in the winter when going over to someone's house.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of62
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,037,726
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Sublime1 96,404
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min LRS 167,754
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 56 min _Zoey_ 4,045
Music Artists A to Z 57 min _Zoey_ 102
Amy 4-24 1 hr RACE 35
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tea Bagger 511
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]