Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

L1: She probably thinks it's date rape b/c it most likely was an acquaintance. Doesn't matter. Rape, in any manner, is rape. Oh, I would have a very long "talk" with grandma. I'd probably not go there again, either.

L2: Really? Is "thanks for your kind words" too difficult to manage?

L3: He's an idiot. Keep his shoes outside if he won't do anything about it and if he doesn't like that, keep him outside.
pde

Gilberts, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a Chicago thing? We don't typically wear any type of footgear in the house. Socks included. Winter or not.
brrr ...

I don't wear much of anything in the house during the summer, but shoes (and often slippers) are a necessity in the winter. Part of our first floor is over an unheated crawlspace and even with the underside of the floor there insulated, it is still cold to walk on.

I also experienced how cold our first floor gets overnight recently, when I was sleeping on the couch (due to being sick and dizzy and not wanting to walk up the stairs). The thermostat is set to allow the house to drop to 60 overnight ... and that is frickin' cold in the family room.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

I almost always wear socks around the house (special fuzzy ones, not the same ones I wear with shoes). Even in Florida. My feet get chilly otherwise.
Kuuipo

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

LW1: Wow. The MIL is in deep denial and more concerned with a stupid collage than the fact that one of the people in it committed a criminal act against her granddaughter. Have your husband make off with it when she is not looking, then take out the offending pictures.

LW2: Prayer is a way of sending good thoughts and good energy your way. You don't have to believe anything to receive those good thoughts. "Thank you" is the proper response.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The letter was signed "Fed Up in Manhattan," so yeah, I'd expect someone to wear socks in the winter there.
And it isn't alwasy that warm in FL, either. When we were in Disney over Thanksgiving, it was 58 degrees. I wished I had brought socks!
Was it 58 degrees inside? I woke up to 39 degree weather today, but with the heater on, it was 68 inside.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
I almost always wear socks around the house (special fuzzy ones, not the same ones I wear with shoes). Even in Florida. My feet get chilly otherwise.
I'm all about those kind. The warmth of slippers, but not slippers.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Was it 58 degrees inside? I woke up to 39 degree weather today, but with the heater on, it was 68 inside.
But I didn't go to Florida to stay inside!

That was the day we went to Animal Kingdom. It was so cold, they had keepers outside some of the animal exhibits apologizing for the animals; it was too cold for them to come out. Wanted to go on the Kali water ride, but there was no way I was getting wet, even if it was the last thing we did.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Sleeping nekkid = man is it fuh-reezing if you get up to pee at 2 a.m. and the thermostat is set to 62!
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

I had a pair of minitonka shoes, deer skin or something. Most comfortable shoes I ever owned, but after 6 months, they stank like nobody's business, had to trash them.
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
I never wear shoes in the house and I kick them off when I am at my desk at work, too. Why wear shoes in the house? It just wears out your carpet and scuffs other types of floors.
Foot odor is the result of bacteria that grow in a moist environment; the sweat inside your shoes. It helps to wear different shoes every day. So start with the shoes, and treat them with products that will kill the odor. Also find out if there's something he can spray his feet with. If they smell THAT bad, he should wash his feet after he removes his shoes. I can't understand why he would want to live with the stench, or subject you and any of your visitors to it.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
But I didn't go to Florida to stay inside!
hmmmm....I thought we were talking about a dude smelling up the inside of his place with his stinky feet.
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

I love it when its like that. Makes getting back under the covers so much more fun.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sleeping nekkid = man is it fuh-reezing if you get up to pee at 2 a.m. and the thermostat is set to 62!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

RACE wrote:
I had a pair of minitonka shoes, deer skin or something. Most comfortable shoes I ever owned, but after 6 months, they stank like nobody's business, had to trash them.
<quoted text>
I was wondering what happened to my little shoes.

Since: Dec 09

Smalltown, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Smartwool's rock! Wearing a pair today since we're going to Zoo Lights tonight.
Gotta have my piggies toasty.
Yes! I've been wearing two pair this last week. When I fed horses this morning it was 5 degrees. Maybe 3 pair tomorrow.

Smalltown, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I could smell those shoes in Colorado!
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Ha!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering what happened to my little shoes.
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Liar, Liar, pants on fire!
Shari23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could smell those shoes in Colorado!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>hmmmm....I thought we were talking about a dude smelling up the inside of his place with his stinky feet.
We were. But as usual, things devolve.

Smalltown, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

RACE wrote:
Liar, Liar, pants on fire!
<quoted text>
We had winds from the southeast and it was awful!
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, sure! All my feet i presume...
My feet smell like I was bathed in lilac, I will have you know.
Shari23 wrote:
<quoted text>
We had winds from the southeast and it was awful!

Smalltown, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

RACE wrote:
Oh, sure! All my feet i presume...
My feet smell like I was bathed in lilac, I will have you know.
<quoted text>
If you think that is lilac......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,523
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DBWriter 1,079,423
Abby 7-24 4 min Mister Tonka 25
Avoid Victory Auto Wreckers 5 min Wrecked 12
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 5 min bensleys thoughts 1
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 16 min Julie 353
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min truth 48,880
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 40 min edogxxx 97,521
Amy 7-24 46 min Kuuipo 18
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE