First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Smalltown, Colorado

#22 Dec 5, 2012
LW1 - There are no words for a mother like this one.

LW2 - There are precarious places around the house and yard where these ornaments might be placed - for safe keeping, you know.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#23 Dec 5, 2012
squishymama wrote:
LW1: I think RACE is right that mom knew all about this while it was happening and is now acting this way to deflect from herself.
Poor daughter...
Yeah, I think that's very likely the case.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#24 Dec 5, 2012
RACE wrote:
Since the dad is not mentioned in the present, I am assuming that he is either dead or otherwise out of the picture.
My personal hunch is that the mom knew of the abuse but kept quite, but now that the daughter opened up to her, she is blabbing it all over creation to create the image that she never knew about it. And her ignoring her daughters request to shut up about it, only re-enforces that thought.
<quoted text>
Yep, and if someone told me she'd told them about it, I'd probably mutter "too bad she didn't say something when it was happening". If they ask did she know, I'd shrug, and say, "I have no proof of that, but....." add another shrug.
In no time any sympathy mom is getting would dry up like a tear drop in Death Valley in the middle of July.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#25 Dec 5, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, and if someone told me she'd told them about it, I'd probably mutter "too bad she didn't say something when it was happening". If they ask did she know, I'd shrug, and say, "I have no proof of that, but....." add another shrug.
In no time any sympathy mom is getting would dry up like a tear drop in Death Valley in the middle of July.
I think I would think how inappropriate it is that she's sharing such incredibly personal and painful information about her *child* with someone who isn't a closest of close friends. It's messed up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Incognito4Ever 1,156,562
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Dale 182,243
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min Frijoles 71,297
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,926
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 1 hr joey 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,923
Fight at Navy Pier 3 hr ThejigsANDnigsAll 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance