|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
L1: I actually like Amy's answer.
L2: Do your "dream guy" a favor and dump him so he can be with someone who deserves and appreciates him.
L3: That's the worst idea ever.
ITA.(Now that was easy.)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's "our" term, they need to find their own.
That's YOUR opinion. You're not even married. I"m completely okay with gay men using the word "husband" and women using the word "wife." Straights can use "spouse" if they get so annoyed with The Gays.
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! And "santorum" was just a guys name!
Queer meant odd.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
Queer meant odd.
And "fruit" meant apple!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

LW2 - i got cornered in my parent;s kitchen after an evening of him being on edge... at that point i was nearly at the point of yelling at him "WTF, it was YOUR idea to go out tonight [which was a nigth taht we didn't usually go out] so kwitcherbichen".

then, he popped hte question and a lot of it made more sense. it was the weekend my grandfather turned 90 and my aunt & uncle were in town, explaining the odd choice of date night.

we looked around for rings, and ended up having one custom made, a little of htis one, a little of that one. i didn't see the end result until he proposed...

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That's YOUR opinion. You're not even married. I"m completely okay with gay men using the word "husband" and women using the word "wife." Straights can use "spouse" if they get so annoyed with The Gays.
I second that motion. My gay bud laughs about his husband like I do SalukiWife. It was a tad different at first, but it's a modern, more gay-friendly world now (and rightly so).

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Saluki Rod wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that motion. My gay bud laughs about his husband like I do SalukiWife. It was a tad different at first, but it's a modern, more gay-friendly world now (and rightly so).
Hey, probably the gay-friendliest person here after Moon, and I'll admit that it took me a while to wrap my head around gay people using the terms "husband" and "wife." I just wasn't used to it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

I really dont care what they call each other. Fred and Barney, Wilma and Betty, whatever.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, probably the gay-friendliest person here after Moon, and I'll admit that it took me a while to wrap my head around gay people using the terms "husband" and "wife." I just wasn't used to it.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

RACE wrote:
I really dont care what they call each other. Fred and Barney, Wilma and Betty, whatever.
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Julie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

LW1: "We were told that if we got the cats, she would not come over to the house for a visit." Get the cats. Problem solved.

"Now the latest ultimatum is that if I invite any of my family over for dinner on Christmas, she will not come." Invite your family. Problem solved.

Your wife needs to "man up," so to speak, and recognize that her mother is a vicious, manipulating, controlling btch. Kick her to the curb.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Julie wrote:
LW1: "We were told that if we got the cats, she would not come over to the house for a visit." Get the cats. Problem solved.
"Now the latest ultimatum is that if I invite any of my family over for dinner on Christmas, she will not come." Invite your family. Problem solved.
Your wife needs to "man up," so to speak, and recognize that her mother is a vicious, manipulating, controlling btch. Kick her to the curb.
My mother drives me nuts and has for years. She is afraid of cats. I have had a cat since 1970. She visits but does not stay long
Julie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Like i said: problem solved. Glad it works for you, PE :-)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Julie wrote:
Like i said: problem solved. Glad it works for you, PE :-)
Once she got up the nerve to touch the forehead of our 16 lb Siamese male. She was very concerned that we should take him to the vet for his asthma.
WTH? He was purring.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info