Atheists can't prove there is no God.

Posted in the Chicago Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#1 Mar 2, 2011
Then why do they smuggly act as if they have a patent on the truth, and that anyone else who disagrees with them must be an idiot?

Doesn't this general attitude among atheists, make them stupid?

Atheists are lazy... It's always easier to believe a negative - It's human nature. So atheists are lazy...and stupid.
Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#2 Mar 3, 2011
Frank Rizzo wrote:
Then why do they smuggly act as if they have a patent on the truth, and that anyone else who disagrees with them must be an idiot?
Atheists are lazy... It's always easier to believe a negative - It's human nature. So atheists are lazy...and stupid.
No, it's actually easier to disclaim responsibility and chalk everything up to a fairy tale. "It's God's will." "I owe it all to God." "God has a plan." It's much more difficult to have personal accountability, to think and reason for yourself, to believe in free will and consequences and to actually have your own sense of morality. I don't believe in God, and yet somehow I have managed not to molest children or steal money from a church, or commit adultery, or dupe strangers out of their money in the name of God, which is more than I can say for many purported Christians.
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#3 Mar 3, 2011
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's actually easier to disclaim responsibility and chalk everything up to a fairy tale. "It's God's will." "I owe it all to God." "God has a plan." It's much more difficult to have personal accountability, to think and reason for yourself, to believe in free will and consequences and to actually have your own sense of morality. I don't believe in God, and yet somehow I have managed not to molest children or steal money from a church, or commit adultery, or dupe strangers out of their money in the name of God, which is more than I can say for many purported Christians.
Where's your evidence that God is a fairy tale? And people who believe in god believe in free will - It's liberals who don't believe in free will. Liberals want everyone to obey the will of the state.

You personally are not representative of the people. When a person does not believe in a creator, by definition, they do not believe in universal morality. "right and wrong" become nothing more than artificial rules imposed upon the universe by mankind. To the atheist, right and wrong are merely codes of conduct that can be bent and broken with no real ramifications.

It is harder to live according to the rules of a particular religious faith. Atheists by definition, don't believe that there are consequences for their actions - beyond getting caught by other people... Their world view is one that breeds immorality, violence, stealing, deception, malice, etc, etc. And their liberal atheistic world view is to blame for all of America's problems today.

History shows that the world's greatest mass murderers were all leftists and atheists.
Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#4 Mar 4, 2011
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your evidence that God is a fairy tale? And people who believe in god believe in free will - It's liberals who don't believe in free will. Liberals want everyone to obey the will of the state.
You personally are not representative of the people. When a person does not believe in a creator, by definition, they do not believe in universal morality. "right and wrong" become nothing more than artificial rules imposed upon the universe by mankind. To the atheist, right and wrong are merely codes of conduct that can be bent and broken with no real ramifications.
It is harder to live according to the rules of a particular religious faith. Atheists by definition, don't believe that there are consequences for their actions - beyond getting caught by other people... Their world view is one that breeds immorality, violence, stealing, deception, malice, etc, etc. And their liberal atheistic world view is to blame for all of America's problems today.
History shows that the world's greatest mass murderers were all leftists and atheists.
Spoken like a lemming. Prove the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist. Prove the Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist. You don't prove the negative, dum dum. Prove God exists. You can't. The only "proof" of God is the Bible, and the Bible is only "proof" if you, as a precursor, believe in God. Religion is based on faith, not fact. And here is the question no one has even tried to answer meaningfully: On what basis do you contend that, if there is any real deity, the Christian God is that deity, as opposed to Allah or any of the others? There is a guy over in India who has the same level of conviction that you do, only his faith is based in Hinduism. Even if you could reconcile that discrepancy and you decide that Christianity really is the one true religion, you next have to reconcile the 20-30 forms of Christianity, many of which have significant fundamental differences. The fact that Christians can't even get on the same page is quite telling.

Oh, and by the way, Christianity isn't even original. You do know, don't you, that there are several other religions that precede Christianity that share similar characteristics? The savior born of a virgin on the 25th, and so on? Have you ever done any research, any study on the topic, or did you just figure "I was born Christian so it must be right." Remember, there are 6 billion other people walking around all saying pretty much the same thing, only the majority of them weren't born Christian and they believe something else with the same level of faith you have in your Christian God. Reconcile that.

Since: Jan 11

Chicago

#5 Mar 4, 2011
Perhaps we non believer will be more convinced when there is more to support god then there is now. Meaning proof though personal experience, interpenetration which can not be replicated and hold no scientific support. The Bible is hardly credible, seeing the process behind it being written past down by verbal stories then written by several authors. Just show us something legitimate to support your claims and we will take it into consideration.

“Joy is the shadow cast by pain”

Since: Dec 08

Twin Cities, MN

#6 Mar 4, 2011
Frank Rizzo wrote:
I think religious zealots have the patent on behaving stupidly. Fred PHelps, anyone?
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#7 Mar 4, 2011
Zachh wrote:
Perhaps we non believer will be more convinced when there is more to support god then there is now. Meaning proof though personal experience, interpenetration which can not be replicated and hold no scientific support. The Bible is hardly credible, seeing the process behind it being written past down by verbal stories then written by several authors. Just show us something legitimate to support your claims and we will take it into consideration.
I am not talking about the accuracy of any particular religious faith. I'm talking about the fundemental question of whether or not the universe (aqnd by extension human beings) had a creator - Einstein believed in a creaator.

I also think you demonstrate a common pretentiousness found among atheists - You assume that it's up to god to convince you...

My point is simply that there is no proof either way. So, for atheists to conducts themselves as they do - As all of you are doing here on this thread - is stupid.

The science does not support atheism... Some would argue (Einstein aggreed) that the science does support the "Creator theory." At a minimum the science neither confrims or denies the existence of a creator - So again, to smuggly judge people of religious faith, makes you a stupid fool - a stupid atheist liberal fool (redundant).
Smuggly Judge

Racine, WI

#8 Mar 4, 2011
A double negative is a positive.

No one knows. So what?

I'll take my chances with reality, instead of bible stories.

Chicago

#9 Mar 4, 2011
You yourself are putting words in my mouth, I never said that their wasn't a god or was insulting a person for what ever religious belief they may have.I simply that what religion has to offer as valid proof doesn't hold any scientific ground. Perhaps you should read the context before passing me off as a quote "stupid Atheist liberal fool".
As far as science supporting the "Creator theory" I would like to hear more about that and perhaps you could provide a link.
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#10 Mar 4, 2011
Smuggly Judge wrote:
A double negative is a positive.
No one knows. So what?
I'll take my chances with reality, instead of bible stories.
I think you're all idiots. You don't know what reality is. If science had all the answers, we wouldn't have any more questions.

You have chosen a view (in the absence of evidence) that by definition, makes your existence meaningless.

A simple examination of human history, demonstrates that the fruit of atheism is destruction, mass murder, and the demise of civilization - The destruction due to religion pales by comparison.

Many would argue that the above is more circumstancial evidence in support of the creator theory. Regardless, religious faith is a net positive for mankind, where as a belief in nothing wreaks havoc on human societies.

And it's easy to see why. When entire societies view the world and other people as you people do here in this tiny forum, it's little wonder the country and the entire world is going down the toilet.

America and the entire human race can thank liberalism - atheistic liberalism for 99.9% of all of the world's problems.
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#11 Mar 4, 2011
Zachh wrote:
You yourself are putting words in my mouth, I never said that their wasn't a god or was insulting a person for what ever religious belief they may have.I simply that what religion has to offer as valid proof doesn't hold any scientific ground. Perhaps you should read the context before passing me off as a quote "stupid Atheist liberal fool".
As far as science supporting the "Creator theory" I would like to hear more about that and perhaps you could provide a link.
Well, then if I misjudged you and incorrectly grouped you in with the rest, then I apologize... I just assumed - partially based on your ridiculous looking photo, that you must we another one of those stupid, smug atheistic liberals. LOL
Smuggly Judge

Racine, WI

#12 Mar 4, 2011
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're all idiots. You don't know what reality is. If science had all the answers, we wouldn't have any more questions.
You have chosen a view (in the absence of evidence) that by definition, makes your existence meaningless.
A simple examination of human history, demonstrates that the fruit of atheism is destruction, mass murder, and the demise of civilization - The destruction due to religion pales by comparison.
Many would argue that the above is more circumstancial evidence in support of the creator theory. Regardless, religious faith is a net positive for mankind, where as a belief in nothing wreaks havoc on human societies.
And it's easy to see why. When entire societies view the world and other people as you people do here in this tiny forum, it's little wonder the country and the entire world is going down the toilet.
America and the entire human race can thank liberalism - atheistic liberalism for 99.9% of all of the world's problems.
So, do you go to church with that nasty attitude?

No one said science has all the answers. Many scientists believe in a higher being because of faith, not evidence.

If you want to believe, great, but, not everyone is going to feel the same. It has nothing to do with a liberal stance.

Read your history. How many wars began in the name of the dude in the sky?

Chicago

#13 Mar 4, 2011
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing about science is, it is always changing and growing.Ideas are hypothesized,tested,replicated and reviewed by the scientific community. If new evidence is found through advancement in technology, the previous incorrect theory is discarded. This is oppose to religion that in most cases is set in its strict teachings of text ( unquestionably given by a higher power) that leaves no room for debate or altercation. This is in exception to Judaism as well some eastern beliefs.
As far as Atheist only creating evil,destruction etc.. In where the table could be turned to say the same towards religion with murder,torture and conquering in its name.Unlike you, I do not blame the religion or the group. I can see these are instances in where one or several people have used the name of religion for power,wealth etc. The same is true with these cases with Atheism.
As far as liberalism being the cornerstone in why our nation is in in such terrible condition, I realize your only intent on posting on here is to "Create a negative response through attacking a individual or group in a intentional way to only create conflict" otherwise known as a troll. I could present to you a argument showing you how spending was at a high in the previous presidency, as well huge tax breaks and exemptions that lead us into the terrible condition we are in currently, but you would just shut it out as I am sure you are now. Unless you have anything relating to the original post to provide to support the existence of god, I do not see why I should waste my time with someone who only tries to frustrate me by calling me names and makes assumptions.

Chicago

#14 Mar 4, 2011
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then if I misjudged you and incorrectly grouped you in with the rest, then I apologize... I just assumed - partially based on your ridiculous looking photo, that you must we another one of those stupid, smug atheistic liberals. LOL
I am agnostic as a matter of fact. This probably will be used against me because as oppose to provide any intellectual debate to this conversation, you resort to petty insults to try and steer me away. Perhaps I will take what you are taking into consideration when you stop stroking your own ego and talk back with something conducive to the original post and supporting your claims.
Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#15 Mar 4, 2011
Hey Rizzo, my questions stand. Are you stumped?
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#16 Mar 4, 2011
Smuggly Judge wrote:
<quoted text> So, do you go to church with that nasty attitude?
No one said science has all the answers. Many scientists believe in a higher being because of faith, not evidence.
If you want to believe, great, but, not everyone is going to feel the same. It has nothing to do with a liberal stance.
Read your history. How many wars began in the name of the dude in the sky?
Actually, I don't go to church, but I do believe in God. I also respect people of religious faith - Much more so than people who believe in nothing...obviously.

People who believe in nothing - Atheistic Liberals in general, are like a form of social cancer. Society always gets boiled down to the lowest common denominator under liberalistic atheism. Entire civilizations have been lost through-out history for exactly the same reasons.

What liberals are doing to my country is nasty. It's hard to be nice to these miserable, self-loathing, souless people who are actively destroying my future and my children's futures.
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#17 Mar 4, 2011
Sam I Am wrote:
Hey Rizzo, my questions stand. Are you stumped?
You could not stump a monkey SIA. I am not pushing any particular religon.

You cannot answer any of the questions, posed to you in a couple of other recent threads (like the glenn beck question), so until you do, I see no point in talking with you further - You're a waste of time.
Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#18 Mar 4, 2011
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not stump a monkey SIA. I am not pushing any particular religon.
You cannot answer any of the questions, posed to you in a couple of other recent threads (like the glenn beck question), so until you do, I see no point in talking with you further - You're a waste of time.
Cop. Out.

You have never shied away from shooting someone down when you feel you have had the chance, and surely you would shoot me down if you had anything.

Re: Glenn Beck, I think he is a wingnut, and I even offered that I would hold the same view of him were he spouting equally ridiculous rhetoric of a liberal nature. There. There's your answer for the second time. Now, let me have it. Reconcile the issue of different religions/faiths. Address the fact that Christianity has all the appearances of being a copycat religion. Shine a light on my ignorance!
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#19 Mar 4, 2011
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop. Out.
You have never shied away from shooting someone down when you feel you have had the chance, and surely you would shoot me down if you had anything.
Nonsense. I just did shoot you down. I clearly stated that I'm not pushing any particular faith. For the other slow people out there, this means that I am not pushing Christianity or Islam or anything. I'm merely pointing out the value that religion adds to society....I can no longer spell out the obvious for you other dullards SAI. From now on, you're on your own. If you can follow along, then don't comment.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: Glenn Beck, I think he is a wingnut, and I even offered that I would hold the same view of him were he spouting equally ridiculous rhetoric of a liberal nature. There. There's your answer for the second time. Now, let me have it. Reconcile the issue of different religions/faiths. Address the fact that Christianity has all the appearances of being a copycat religion. Shine a light on my ignorance!
Again - and for the last time. This is not an answer. You made the statement that Glenn Beck was a lunatic. I asked you to provide examples to support your claim. Your response - no matter how many times you wish to copy and paste it, is not an answer - It's a cowardly cop out - To use your expression. Why not just admit that you do not have any evidence to show that Beck is a lunatic or racist or extremist...? Oh wait, that would take personal character - A trait which liberals do not posess.
Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#20 Mar 4, 2011
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. I just did shoot you down. I clearly stated that I'm not pushing any particular faith. For the other slow people out there, this means that I am not pushing Christianity or Islam or anything. I'm merely pointing out the value that religion adds to society....I can no longer spell out the obvious for you other dullards SAI. From now on, you're on your own. If you can follow along, then don't comment.
<quoted text>
Again - and for the last time. This is not an answer. You made the statement that Glenn Beck was a lunatic. I asked you to provide examples to support your claim. Your response - no matter how many times you wish to copy and paste it, is not an answer - It's a cowardly cop out - To use your expression. Why not just admit that you do not have any evidence to show that Beck is a lunatic or racist or extremist...? Oh wait, that would take personal character - A trait which liberals do not posess.
When you reference the value that religion adds to society, are you referring to all the bloodshed in the name of religion? All the wars waged in the name of religion? The hatred spewed in the name of religion? The narrow-mindedness fertilized by religion? The discrimination justified in the name of religion? The subservience fostered by religion? The pilfering of the bank accounts of the elderly and the gullible in the name of religion? Is that the value you're talking about? Yes, excellent value, indeed.

All you have done, at best, is advance that the concept of religion adds value to society (which by virtue of the numerous examples I just gave is patent BS, but I digress) but you have done absolutely nothing to demonstrate the existence of God. To do so you have to reconcile the conflict between all the other gods to show which, if any, is the real God. Then you have to reconcile the various conflicts between the varieties within that one religion.

If that could be done, it would have been done by now. "God" is a fairy tale utilized by primitive societies to keep people in line. Cavemen thought thunder was God, and it evolved from there. The Greeks, Romans and others had multiple gods. Most cultures have narrowed it down, though some have not. Nevertheless, religion is nothing more than the figurehead for a system of beliefs advocated by that society. Some need the guidance of a boogeyman in the sky to live decent lives, some of us do not. And even with the boogeyman, many stray from those purported ideals. Religion is passed down, like a favorite doll, or a blanket, and with it come stories, slightly tweaked to serve the needs of the storyteller.

If there really was a God, and the Bible was the word of God, there would not be umpteen versions with umpteen interpretations. We wouldn't be arguing over whether or not the Bible disdains homosexuality. And on and on and on. But no, you go on believing. Stick your head in the sand, ignore all the bad deeds committed in the name of God and insist that is the non-believers who are to blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 10 min F Them 140
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 15 min F Them 162
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 44 min winner 39
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 47 min winner 60
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 48 min winner 1,060
Word (Dec '08) 51 min winner 6,962
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 52 min winner 3,806
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,743,743

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance