Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2013
grounded in reality

Nashua, NH

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Born and raised on the south side of Chicago raised by catholic liberal democrat parents & taught to respect everyone.

in 1950 when I was eight we were at a doctors office when my dad saw a black blind man struggling to cross the street at 63rd and Wabash because as the over head CTA trains passed he could not hear when car traffic allowed him to cross the street.

My dad instructed me to cross the street and offer my eyes and assistance to help the blind man cross the street which I did. I never forgot the lesson learned that day that anyone can make a small difference in another persons life with just a small amount of assistance with out being ask or expecting thanks or reward for our efforts.

We are all Americans and race should not be an issue in 2013. We have advanced to a point where don't need the NAACP, Congressional Black caucus, Urban league, Black Panthers, black history month, black entertainment show, affirmative action programs in education or sports, any organization that promotes one race over or to the exclusion of all other races.

Living in America we would and should be repulsed if a national KKK party or the congressional KKK caucus, or the Congressional national Nazi party where to promote those sad causes to the exclusion of all other races causes.

Lets get into 2013 do away with programs that promote one race or group of Americans over all others.

We don' need or want to be a dial Pi for Ebonics society we should do away with dial anything for Spanish communications should be in english.
No more dial 5 for Lithuanian just communicate in English.

English is the defacto language of America. our laws, constitution , commerce are conducted in the language of the country English.

Our constitution , laws, commerce, history are all done in English. end race & language preferences they don't belong in America in 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chief keef 5 min y 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Gay be gone 49,449
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 9 min deutscher Nationa... 52
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min No Surprize 1,101,014
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min loose cannon 177,469
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,359
last post wins! (Apr '13) 40 min Hatti_Hollerand 334
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search