If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's give them a chanc...

I submit that Virginians are idiots. Not idiots wholesale, and not every single citizen, but certainly too many of those who make our laws and far too many of those who elect them. Full Story
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1300 May 7, 2010
Native MD Girl wrote:
Hell over my way even a mistameaner keeps you from a job.
Which is good, because such practices that make it impossible for a person to find a job, makes a person readily suitable for work in the illegal drug trade or prostitution industry!
not telling

Spotsylvania, VA

#1301 Nov 6, 2010
diamond or coal wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news people I hear even if you get your felony off your record (pay good money too) here in the U.S. If you try to go into Canada they wont let you in, your an undesirable. So, where you gonna get a job, take back some of the jobs that the illegal mexicans have. Build your own business, or don't have a family. Why would you want to anyway and have them looked upon in shame or pity. Oh, dear I am feeling touchy this morning. Ohh, monkey boy (claps hands)... coffee please..
Your an idiot, if the record is expunged (if you don't know what that word is it means off your record) there would be no way canada would know unless they told them
wayne

Ocala, FL

#1302 Nov 6, 2010
Muslim Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Nah, you're way off base here. We need to go back to the way it was over 200 years ago. The only people who should be allowed to vote are white monied land owners. No women. No minorities. No renters. No poor people. If you are white, wealthy, and own property, then you are the only ones with a vested interest in the country. If you are white but not wealthy and/or do not own property you obviously do not give a crap about your country, so "No vote for you."
parasites on the dole should not have the right to vote.

Since: Oct 10

Jersey City, NJ

#1303 Nov 7, 2010
Everybody deserve a chance. My wife a felon and she a good person, I love her to death!! Everyone makes mistakes.
Grits n Gravy

United States

#1304 Nov 8, 2010
And when I leave, come together like butt cheeks!
NEVER KNEW PEOPLE WERE SO

Cleveland, OH

#1306 Dec 12, 2011
YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A VERY IGNORANT PERSON GET A LIFE!
Muslim Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Nah, you're way off base here. We need to go back to the way it was over 200 years ago. The only people who should be allowed to vote are white monied land owners. No women. No minorities. No renters. No poor people. If you are white, wealthy, and own property, then you are the only ones with a vested interest in the country. If you are white but not wealthy and/or do not own property you obviously do not give a crap about your country, so "No vote for you."
JJ A

Plano, TX

#1308 Dec 7, 2012
moe bettor wrote:
expunge after 5 years ? why not allow everyone to commit one rime every 5 years?-why stop there ,.why not give up on arresting anybody?-- ever ,.... open all the prisons ,...give them all free housing ,....and allow them to have all the kids they want !{wait ,........ we are doing that already !}
and I bet this person has never done nothing wrong, never made a mistake in his life. ecept for this stupid comment. All we ask is not to pay for our mistake for life. I wrote Hot checks at stores for food for my family. Yes i missed up i done 4 years probation and payed restitution. every body got there money back. and for this this person thinks i should still pay for my crime, they think i guess Im going out every night to brack the law. My crime was in 1981 I now work at One of the Largest hospital in the U S in the maintenance department, I make over $50.000.00 a year, three kids with my oldest is an RN. 5 grand kids and none of them have commented a crime, and i have not broke the law since 1981.I payed about $2.000.00 a year back to in come tax and pay my taxes every year. I Payed off my 3 bdrm brike home 2 years agoi have an 30 foot RV that i payed cash for Play golf 2 to 3 time a week. so you see. not all people are born to commet crimes there hole lives. they just make mistakes. JUST LIKE YOU DO .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min John Galt 1,144,008
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min Jamie 48,583
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Guru 180,901
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 1 hr Jamie 330
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 1 hr Jamie 5
World's Best Photo Art 1 hr Jamie 3
Amy Nov 26 5 hr Mister Tonka 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 hr primetime justice 98,694
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance