|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ok with a married man cheating on his sick wife?
See my response to Red.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw you! You don't dictate what's moral either, nor do you dictate what others think is moral, so fk off!
He never said he gets to dictate what is moral.

Unlike him, you are like the Muslim Brotherhood ... you seem to think your morals should be imposed upon everyone.

In many instances, what is moral and immoral is not something everyone agrees upon. Given this you are free to live your life according to your morals and judge folks who do not subscribe to your morals, but your morals are personal to you.

So when you say that's immoral, really it's something you, edog, find immoral. It might not be immoral to others. As Race said, you aren't the arbiter of morals for the world.

So when you said to Angela:
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text> Do you take pride in your lack of morals?
What you should have said was "do you take pride in your lack of MY morals." If you had done so, I would wager she would say "yes, yes she does."

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>When and if hs wife dies he will wind up with someone other than the Mistress.
You don't know that.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
RIght. My telling a guy he can have sex on the side if his wife is unable to have sex for 10 years is giving him "free rein"
YES! What part of that are you not understanding? And who says ten years is the magic number? Where's that number even coming from? And a truly devoted spouse still wouldn't cheat. But I don't expect you to understand anyone with morals.

“reign in blood”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike him, you are like the Muslim Brotherhood ... you seem to think your morals should be imposed upon everyone.
In many instances, what is moral and immoral is not something everyone agrees upon. Given this you are free to live your life according to your morals and judge folks who do not subscribe to your morals, but your morals are personal to you.
So when you say that's immoral, really it's something you, edog, find immoral. It might not be immoral to others. As Race said, you aren't the arbiter of morals for the world.
So when you said to Angela:
<quoted text>
What you should have said was "do you take pride in your lack of MY morals." If you had done so, I would wager she would say "yes, yes she does."
Get off you're goddamm high horse. You don't dictate what's moral. I don't dictate what's moral. SOCIETY dictates what's moral.

And I am not going to debate whether cheating on your sick spouse is moral or not. Of course it is, society says so.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
LW1: If he truly cared about you and your interests, instead of just his own, he would discuss things openly with you and probably encourage you to find someone else, because you two are not on an equal footing. He should think that you deserve more than he can offer. Sometimes the true mark of love is letting something go, because you know it deserves more than you can offer. He doesn’t see things this way and it sounds like it is all about him.
At the same time, it depends what you want out of the relationship. You want to replace his wife, but that may not ever happen. So, if you really want to be married, you may have to find someone else. Problem is it won’t be him. Sometimes you meet the right person at the wrong time.
It’s a tough situation and your call. You must decide what you want more … him and the limited time he can offer you or to be married.
LW2: Tell him he turned you gay and you no longer talk to men.
LW3: At home, I just drink mine from the bowl same with soup. In a restaurant I use a spoon for left over liquid of soup, and I would never order cereal in a restaurant.
All of this.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Dummy, I was not trying to dictate, you are. Stop doing crank your brain is dissolving.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw you! You don't dictate what's moral either, nor do you dictate what others think is moral, so fk off!

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he should start his own country...Dogistan.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off you're goddamm high horse. You don't dictate what's moral. I don't dictate what's moral. SOCIETY dictates what's moral.
How can this be the case, when the members of society don't agree on what is immoral or moral? If the members of society agreed, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>And I am not going to debate whether cheating on your sick spouse is moral or not.
Whether other folks stay faithful or not, doesn’t provoke much of a response from me. I find your moral outrage, puzzling, in fact. Maybe it's cause you don't have your own SO and have too much time on your hands.

I'd also need to know more information before I could determine whether I found his conduct to be slimy. I can see why someone who is just their spouse’s caregiver would long for more companionship and intimacy. It might not be the road I would choose, but I wouldn’t come down too hard on a guy for acting on that. I’ve seen men behave much worse, including men who I consider friends. Even in the case of friends, I really don't care ... it's none of my business.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogistan: Population 1, lol

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
No need. She is already getting nailed.
Depends on what L1 wants. If she just needs some action occasionally without strings, she has it. If she wants a public relationship which might move to exclusive, it's not going to happen. When and if hs wife dies he will wind up with someone other than the Mistress.
FWIW I have known some otherwise decent men whose wives were dying of cancer who put moves on good friends. I took it as loneliness and a need for physical connection with someone who was not a stranger and did not judge them as cheating on a dying wife.
I should have said it bette r-- I didnt mean you'd nail LW1 with your words as in, being harsh. I just meant that you'd have a better perspective on it because I think you've probably witnessed some aspect of this behavior.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am not going to debate whether cheating on your sick spouse is moral or not. Of course it is, society says so.
HAHAHAHAHA!

Right. Society is going to agree on that. Whatevs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
All of this.
I agree, Sub had a great post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
With no taxes, it should run smoothly.
plumloco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy hell you are a moron. "Society" often gets things wrong and it is up to others to change people's beliefs thru words and deeds. Before Loving v. Virginia, "society" said interracial marriages were wrong and illegal. Was society correct? No, of course not. But why am I even bothering to respond to you...

“reign in blood”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can this be the case, when the members of society don't agree on what is immoral or moral? If the members of society agreed, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.
What in the hell are you talking about?? Cheating on your spouse has already been deemed immoral by society for a long time note. Again, I'm not having that argument.

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogistan: Population 1, lol
LOL

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Whether other folks stay faithful or not, doesn’t provoke much of a response from me. I find your moral outrage, puzzling, in fact. Maybe it's cause you don't have your own SO and have too much time on your hands.
I'd also need to know more information before I could determine whether I found his conduct to be slimy. I can see why someone who is just their spouse’s caregiver would long for more companionship and intimacy. It might not be the road I would choose, but I wouldn’t come down too hard on a guy for acting on that. I’ve seen men behave much worse, including men who I consider friends. Even in the case of friends, I really don't care ... it's none of my business.
Mostly I agree. The part I have an issue with is that she broke it off then he pressured her to come back. SHE needs to get a spine and end it, but he needs to understand her position and NOT pressure her. They used to call it being noble, but I think no one really does that anymore...<sigh>
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

LW1: You already know what you SHOULD do. You should break up with him for good and find a man who is SINGLE and available. But that's too challenging for you, so you keep going back to Mr. Married Guy. You should also do some self-work to figure out why you are settling for so little. This guy is not sweet, thoughtful, and caring. He is a charming cheat and I'd bet you lunch that you are not his first paramour.

LW2: Do not reply to this guy. There are plenty of men on the outside. Here's Mr. Charming #2, and he's even a worse pick than LW1's dude.

LW3: Yuck. I know I am weird, but when I eat cereal, which is not every day, I eat it dry. If you have leftover milk, you pour it down the sink. At a restaurant, you let the server deal with it and he or she pours it down the sink.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the hell are you talking about?? Cheating on your spouse has already been deemed immoral by society for a long time note. Again, I'm not having that argument.
Then why do so many people cheat? How do you explain polygamy?

Also who said he is cheating on her ... maybe she knows ... maybe he has a hall pass. Hard to say that would be immoral.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min flack 1,079,023
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 40 min edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 41 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 45 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 48 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 174,513
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Alon 67,898
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT