First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81 Sep 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Now who is acting like edog? Of course there is no middle ground right? It all has to be on the fringe, deserted island living in a cave and all that....
Quit repackaging what I said with your words. I said...
My point was people needing to make friends because they are afraid of being alone
NOT "people don't enjoy solitude" There is a huge difference and you know it.
I really dont get where you think I said i dont want friends, more made up statements. I only said that making friends is not something that I try to do. It does not mean I dont have friends, or that if I moved, I would never have any. Just that I would not make it a task. It would occur naturally out of the other things that I do.
<quoted text>
As far as putting words on people's mouth and repackaging what people say, find me a post where anyone other than you talks about being afraid to be alone.

On to making friends "naturally", you yourself said people walk different paths, vut you keep showing disdain for peiple who don't walk the same friend making path as you. If you need a club or group or make it a point to make friends, you're clingy.

As I pointed out, all those things you enjoy alone are things I enjoy wirh friends. If you come up and talk to me out of the blue, I will respond, but it is unlikely for me to strike up a conversation with you first...unless you got big boobs.*I* don't make friends in the same manner that you seem to endorse. You declare that everyone walks their own path, but then everything else you say is callibg that path defective.

Oh wait. You didn't say defective. You said "there's something wrong" with them.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82 Sep 20, 2013
Thats my point, your taking what I said and applying it to how you make friends.

I dont care how you make friends, but if your making them just to not be alone *I* think thats creepy. I know, I know! Its my opinion, and apparently I am not allowed to have one, but there it is. Here's another mind blower... I think its creepy when people NEED to make friends, like its a chore or job or bucket list item that needs to be checked off. Again just my opinion, but I feel I gotta say it.

So, its not disdain, just wary puzzlement, cause its CREEPY MAN!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> As far as putting words on people's mouth and repackaging what people say, find me a post where anyone other than you talks about being afraid to be alone.
Timmy

United States

#83 Sep 20, 2013
maybe not, but you sure are coming off that way.
RACE wrote:
I am not offended..<quoted text>

Neda, stay with me!

#84 Sep 20, 2013
Total BS.
You would be so mesmerized by my Awesomeness that you and your friends would be falling all over yourselves trying to chat it up with me. Man, when I think of all the beers you would buy me...

Hey! Maybe thats why I cant understand you losers needing a book on how to make friends. Sorry! Silver spoon and all that. I really should work and understanding the little folk better.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
As I pointed out, all those things you enjoy alone are things I enjoy wirh friends. If you come up and talk to me out of the blue, I will respond, but it is unlikely for me to strike up a conversation with you first...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#85 Sep 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Thats my point, your taking what I said and applying it to how you make friends.
Considering that's what all the letters you commented on where about, I'm not sure why that's problem. Its the topic.
RACE wrote:
I dont care how you make friends, but if your making them just to not be alone *I* think thats creepy.
So basically this whole back and forth boils down to you calling other people creepy for the reason they make friends...yet you're the one who's been acting insulted. Strange world you live in.
RACE wrote:
I know, I know! Its my opinion, and apparently I am not allowed to have one,
Sure you are. But YOU got all butthurt when Toj and the dog expressed one different to yours.
RACE wrote:
I think its creepy when people NEED to make friends, like its a chore or job or bucket list item that needs to be checked off. Again just my opinion, but I feel I gotta say it.
So, its not disdain, just wary puzzlement, cause its CREEPY MAN!
<quoted text>
This goes back to HOW people make friends. You claim to make them in the course of doing your thing solo. It just happens. Well what is your suggestion to the people who don't like to go bowling alone, go sit in a bar alone, go to the fair and walk around alone? If they don't proactively put themselves in positions to make friends, where/when is it going to happen? In the checkout line at publix? At the gas pump?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86 Sep 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Total BS.
You would be so mesmerized by my Awesomeness that you and your friends would be falling all over yourselves trying to chat it up with me. Man, when I think of all the beers you would buy me...
Hey! Maybe thats why I cant understand you losers needing a book on how to make friends. Sorry! Silver spoon and all that. I really should work and understanding the little folk better.
<quoted text>
You're the one going bowling alone, but you're calling other people losers? Yeah. Ok.

Neda, stay with me!

#87 Sep 20, 2013
Why are you being so dense?
I got no clue for people who neede to find friends, nothing at all, zero, zilch! Wanna know whY? Because I dont do looking for friends. I just go about my life. If I meet folk, great, if I dont... Just as great!

Making friends is not something I need to do. You do, I cant help that. If you need to make friends, but dont know how, dont be asking me cause alls I can tell you is quit trying to make friends. Make friends with yourself, and all the rest will fall in place.
You keep wanting to equate what i said with what you want. Well, that cant happen because what I said does not apply to what you want.
You keep ignoring the fact that I am talking about people who NEED to be around others, not want. But since that simple distinction blows your entire thesis out of the water, you keep ignoring it and replacing the word NEED with WANT. You are no different that edog when he "Summed up" what I was saying. He was wrong in his summation, as your are in yours.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
This goes back to HOW people make friends. You claim to make them in the course of doing your thing solo. It just happens. Well what is your suggestion to the people who don't like to go bowling alone, go sit in a bar alone, go to the fair and walk around alone? If they don't proactively put themselves in positions to make friends, where/when is it going to happen? In the checkout line at publix? At the gas pump?

Neda, stay with me!

#88 Sep 20, 2013
And your the one so self absorbed in his own little world that he cant even notice that other people are doing things by themselves that you can only manage to do with a group.

Tell me all about being a loser dude. I bow to the voice of experience.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one going bowling alone, but you're calling other people losers? Yeah. Ok.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#89 Sep 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Why are you being so dense?
Yes.*I'm* being dense. Thick as a brick.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#90 Sep 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
And your the one so self absorbed in his own little world that he cant even notice that other people are doing things by themselves that you can only manage to do with a group.
Tell me all about being a loser dude. I bow to the voice of experience.
<quoted text>
You brought "loser" into this discussion. I'm sure you must know something about it.

Neda, stay with me!

#91 Sep 21, 2013
I also said it in a joking post about my awesomeness. I was joking, but sorry if I hit a nerve.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You brought "loser" into this discussion. I'm sure you must know something about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min John Galt 1,153,461
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,913
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 70,994
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 1 hr Le Duped 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr market indicators 98,836
How long to do this? 2 hr Jako Hondasaki 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,753
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:25PM