Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
LW1 said he moved far south and then signed that he was in Nevada. I guess it didn't work that well for them in the south? Or maybe my geography is off....
Maybe he's originally from Alberta?

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

And YOU are the one who said those who need to meet others and do stuff were clingy. You still stand by that?
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Stina2 wrote:
LW1 said he moved far south and then signed that he was in Nevada. I guess it didn't work that well for them in the south? Or maybe my geography is off....
Maybe he's from Washington state, Idaho, or Montana. I can't imagine living in Nevada, but whatever works for LW...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
MOST people are social and prefer interaction with others. The introverted hermits that are fine spending months at a time without human contact are the exception.
Nope. I'm not surprised how little you know about extraversion and introversion.

Some claim that Americans live in an "extroverted society"[38] that rewards extrovert behavior and rejects introversion.[39] This is because the US is currently a culture of external personality, whereas some other cultures are perceived as cultures of character where people are valued for their "inner selves and their moral rectitude".[40] Other cultures, such as Eastern Europe, Japan and regions where Orthodox Christianity, Buddhism, Sufism etc. prevail, prize introversion.[7] These cultural differences predict individuals' happiness in that people who score higher in extraversion are happier, on average, in particularly extroverted cultures and vice versa.[41]

Researchers have found that people who live on islands tend to be less extroverted (more introverted) than those living on the mainland, and that people whose ancestors had inhabited the island for twenty generations tend to be less extroverted than more recent arrivals. Furthermore, people who emigrate from islands to the mainland tend to be more extroverted than people that stay on islands, and those that immigrate to islands.[42]

In the United States, researchers have found that people living in the midwestern states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois score higher than the U.S. average on extraversion. Utah and the southeastern states of Florida and Georgia also score high on this personality trait. The most introverted states in the United States are Maryland, New Hampshire, Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Vermont. People who live in the northwestern states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming are also relatively introverted.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
My mom moved to sun city west and now complains that she's surrounded by old people. <facepalm>
Oh, and that there's no green. She's going to get some potted things that she can see out the windows, but some people just paint the rocks that make up their "lawn" green.
It's stuff like this people don't think about that can really end up affecting you.
my gramma complained about all the decrepit old people at the nursing home... Um, pot? Kettle? towards teh end, when she would say something about the old hunched over people getting wheeled out to dinner, it took us an awful lot not to burst out laughing and point out that (a) they were dressed and (b) actually going out of their room for meals, two (of many) things gramma was no longer doing...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
I believe you're wrong, and I think MOST people will agree with me.
Yup! I believe.
<quoted text>
Doesn't bother me at all. Seems to bother you, though.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Oh, so Months is the delimiter? How about weeks or days? Just because someone like yourself cant seem to navigate a single day without human contact does not mean you are the barometer for normal.

What are the lines between Needy to Normal to Hermit?

And FWIW, I would never want to be associated with ANY demographic where you were considered "Normal"

HA!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
MOST people are social and prefer interaction with others. The introverted hermits that are fine spending months at a time without human contact are the exception.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

You talkin to me?
Yeah! From my point of view, if you need to Join a club just to fill that void of human interaction, then you are clingy.

Normal people join a club because they like the activity, not because they are so terrified of being alone, they will play cards in a morgue just to be around other people.
edogxxx wrote:
And YOU are the one who said those who need to meet others and do stuff were clingy. You still stand by that?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm not surprised how little you know about extraversion and introversion.
Some claim that Americans live in an "extroverted society"[38] that rewards extrovert behavior and rejects introversion.[39] This is because the US is currently a culture of external personality, whereas some other cultures are perceived as cultures of character where people are valued for their "inner selves and their moral rectitude".[40] Other cultures, such as Eastern Europe, Japan and regions where Orthodox Christianity, Buddhism, Sufism etc. prevail, prize introversion.[7] These cultural differences predict individuals' happiness in that people who score higher in extraversion are happier, on average, in particularly extroverted cultures and vice versa.[41]
Researchers have found that people who live on islands tend to be less extroverted (more introverted) than those living on the mainland, and that people whose ancestors had inhabited the island for twenty generations tend to be less extroverted than more recent arrivals. Furthermore, people who emigrate from islands to the mainland tend to be more extroverted than people that stay on islands, and those that immigrate to islands.[42]
In the United States, researchers have found that people living in the midwestern states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois score higher than the U.S. average on extraversion. Utah and the southeastern states of Florida and Georgia also score high on this personality trait. The most introverted states in the United States are Maryland, New Hampshire, Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Vermont. People who live in the northwestern states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming are also relatively introverted.
In my case, it's also not even necessarily an extravert and introvert, issue. I'm fine around people, enjoy it, and am very social, but I'm also fine by myself or with just my wife. I don't need to be alone, but I also don't need to be social. Between excess of either, I would probably prefer too much time alone to too much running around and being social, tho. I took one of those personality tests one time, and I scored as a very low extravert, because I have a lot of traits common to both.

“Derecho”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And I'm not surprised that because YOU think something, you assume that's what the majority also think. And where'd your little article come from anyway? Out of a hat?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
Geography is close. Lw signed AZ. Sedona is beautiful, I would stay there.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my case, it's also not even necessarily an extravert and introvert, issue. I'm fine around people, enjoy it, and am very social, but I'm also fine by myself or with just my wife. I don't need to be alone, but I also don't need to be social. Between excess of either, I would probably prefer too much time alone to too much running around and being social, tho. I took one of those personality tests one time, and I scored as a very low extravert, because I have a lot of traits common to both.
I've heard that called an ambivert. I think I fall into this catagory too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm not surprised that because YOU think something, you assume that's what the majority also think. And where'd your little article come from anyway? Out of a hat?
No, I just assume that you believe your opinion is based on nothing more than your opinion, and you spout it as if it were a universal truth, when that's not the case at all.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard that called an ambivert. I think I fall into this catagory too.
Oh, I've never heard of that term. Yes, that most definitely is what I am. If I had known there was a term for that, I would have said that this is what I am even before I took that personality test.

Most of those personality tests are so slanted towards one or the other extreme and for a lot of the questions, I felt like my answer would depend on a lot of factors that they don't provide you with.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he's originally from Alberta?
Would have to be to consider NV the FAR south!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Geography is close. Lw signed AZ. Sedona is beautiful, I would stay there.
I thought they signed Nevada?
I've been to Sedona. It was my first time out west. It s BEAUTIFUL! But I don't think I'd want to live there. There is a very strange dynamic with the people there. There's also not a lot of jobs, so it would be better to be rich first.

We were lucky and got to stay with my travel buddy's friend out there. Because of that, we got to hang with a lot of locals and meet a lot of people. All very nice. Just a different dynamic.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah! From my point of view, if you need to Join a club just to fill that void of human interaction, then you are clingy.
RACE wrote:
You peeps who need scheduled activies and to meet people are horribly clingy.
So let me get this straight:

Mattie belongs a book club, plays hockey, and bunco. According to you, she's clingy.

Angela belongs to a soft-ball team: clingy.

I like to hang out with friends and see bands and concerts: clingy.

Right?

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
and you spout it as if it were a universal truth, when that's not the case at all.
Says who?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought they signed Nevada?
I've been to Sedona. It was my first time out west. It s BEAUTIFUL! But I don't think I'd want to live there. There is a very strange dynamic with the people there. There's also not a lot of jobs, so it would be better to be rich first.
We were lucky and got to stay with my travel buddy's friend out there. Because of that, we got to hang with a lot of locals and meet a lot of people. All very nice. Just a different dynamic.
Their dynamic is believing in crystals and gathering in the red rocks waiting for the spaceship. There was a guy who actually made money selling tickets for space ship travel.

Jobs are pretty much tourist related.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

No, but I am not about to waste my breath. If you could read properly you would know your wrong. You even copied and pasted it.

Matilda does those things because she enjoys the activity, not so that she wont be alone. Same with Red.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight:
Mattie belongs a book club, plays hockey, and bunco. According to you, she's clingy.
Angela belongs to a soft-ball team: clingy.
I like to hang out with friends and see bands and concerts: clingy.
Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of91
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 16 min IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Roger Hammerstein 1,073,266
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,782
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 2 hr Harold B Alls 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr voice of peace 67,553
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••