Chicago's gun registry on the ropes

Jun 8, 2013 Full story: Chicago Tribune

Chicago's 3-year-old gun registry could go away as part of the concealed carry law state lawmakers recently passed, but few are publicly mourning the loss of a database once heralded as a key part of the city's gun control laws.

Full Story
Bensleys reality

Nashua, NH

#1 Jun 8, 2013
Gun registry ? surely you jest?
Got so many guns on the streets of Chicago it would take a bank of computers to hold the registrations.
And you can count on all of those law biding drug dealers to register fire arms and pay taxes on the illegal drugs they sell everyday on the south side of Chicago in plain sight. NOT !
Wonder where all that drug profit money goes? somebody in the hood getting rich and not paying sales or income taxes.
Some body getting rich on the south side. But the IRS and Illinois revenue morons don't know or don't care???
what a system.
Think I'll paint my face black and start selling drugs on the corner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min Boy G 50,587
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,124,763
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min casting director 98,497
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Frank 179,261
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Eric 69,964
Birth mother 2 hr It is me 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr grave digger 47,478
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]