Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

RACE wrote:
Cause gramps is hung like a horse.
<quoted text>
Are you trying to parlay this back onto a discussion of the propriety/impropriety of doin the dirty in someone's guest room?

Not under my roof. Take that saddle somewhere else. I don't do it at my parents/inlaws and I expect/assume the same. I could not even think to go to my date's grown kids house to do it there. F that.
Pippa

Hancock, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Mister Tonka wrote:
Lw1: i'll recant my previous approval. Just realized gramps is an out of town overnight guest with his date. I still don't think its a huge deal, but not the same as a local grandpa bringing a friend over for dinner.
That being said, unless they were in town for more than just a family visit, wht would the date even want to go? We''ve been dating for 2 months, so let me go spend a whole weekend with your grand kids? I don't see the appeal.
It could be that the woman went thinking it was an indication the man was serious about her and wanted her to meet his family. I can see a woman responding to an invitation like this in a very positive way if she wants a more permanent relationship with a man. Notice, I'm taking the view that the lw was the one making the invitation, not the girlfriend. I guess some very pushy and desperate woman might make the push to meet a guy's family but women of my generation were generally taught to wait to be asked not do the asking. So an older woman might invite a man over for (or out for) a meal or whatever, I doubt she'd ask to go on a trip to meet his family on such short acquaintance. Well, a very pushy or desperate one might. And it's entirely likely that the lw and girlfriends are rather younger than I am.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

So, you think its wrong for consenting adults to do what consenting adults do? Are you the procreation police?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Are you trying to parlay this back onto a discussion of the propriety/impropriety of doin the dirty in someone's guest room?
Not under my roof. Take that saddle somewhere else. I don't do it at my parents/inlaws and I expect/assume the same. I could not even think to go to my date's grown kids house to do it there. F that.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>And that's why I changed my opinion, thoufh I disagree with Pippa's assertion that this would somehow hurt the kids. People come and go in life. That's a normal thing in life.
Right. I was bored. I was agreeing with you with more words than "I agree."

I hate Mondays. I want to go home.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

RACE wrote:
So, you think its wrong for consenting adults to do what consenting adults do? Are you the procreation police?
<quoted text>
No, I don't have a badge. More like the procreation hall monitor. ie: If I can hear you from my hallway, you need to take that shit on down the road.
blunt advice

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

1. Your granddaughters are at an impressionable age. Perhaps your son doesn't want them to think it is Ok for men to treat them like Hugh Hefner.
2. I would give her the ultimatum of getting psychiatric help or you won't bother with her unless she will be socially appropriate.
3. Facebook has privacy settings where no one outside of friends can see your posts and pictures. Use those settings. Career networking sites such as Linked In are for coworkers and business associates. Keep work and personal life separate and you will never have that problem.
Julie

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2014

LW1: 1) Your son is right. 2) You're a self-absorbed moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min In The Right 1,080,067
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min ritedownthemiddle 45,795
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min Taeb 67,948
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min LRS 174,635
How to install windows 8 41 min Its a POS-Dont Bother 2
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 41 min Shari23 5
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 44 min ShootThePompousGovPeeps 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,539
Amy 7-24 5 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 18 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search