First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Timmy

United States

#21 Jan 13, 2014
A world where people actually understand science and stuff. You know, like teachers are supposed to.
cheluzal wrote:
2: Sad, but no amount of fear will make me get a flu shot!
Pushing what we've been fed our whole lives aside, in what normal world does this make sense: the way to protect against a virus is to inject yourself with that virus.-_-
Blunt Advice

Suffern, NY

#22 Jan 13, 2014
If you never had Chicken Pox but got the shot are you supposed to get a shingles shot as well?

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#23 Jan 13, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>They have them you know. And you are old enough to consider the second vaccination for that virus, called shingles. Walgrees gives them. If you have health insurance they should be cheap and possibly free.(preventative care coverage mandated. Wonder who thought that up?)
I am in my early 40s and got shingles in the summer. A mild case, but it was TERRIBLY painful - I can't imagine what a serious case would feel like and I have a pretty high tolerance. Anyway, I talked to the pharmacist at Walgreens - they will not give the vaccine to anyone under 50. I still mean to check with CVS. I am not sure I want one, though. There are mixed reviews as to whether or not it helps once you have it (I looked on the CDC site, too).

As far as cars go, I just bought a new Prius two weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that it has a quick reference guide in the glove compartment for just the basic stuff (stopping and starting the car, the gear shifts - both of which are different in a Prius - the wipers, signals, headlights, etc.). I thought that was so smart. And they should do that for rentals. I am like most people, though, I figure out all the basics on a rental car BEFORE I leave the lot. It's not that hard.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#24 Jan 13, 2014
VAdame wrote:
Neat trick here: look at your gas gauge on your dashboard. There should be a little arrow next to the picture of the gas pump. Which way the arrow points is which side your car's gas door is on!
My 08 has that. My 04 didn't. Might be common now for newer cars, but I don't think it's industry wide.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#25 Jan 13, 2014
PEllen wrote:
They have them you know. And you are old enough to consider the second vaccination for that virus, called shingles. Walgrees gives them. If you have health insurance they should be cheap and possibly free.(preventative care coverage mandated. Wonder who thought that up?)
I thought if you had chickenpox, you won't get shingles, and vice versa? Nah, I'm not gonna bother with a shingles vaccination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,155,624
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min hkjkkg 182,044
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 min JOEL 71,224
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mike 51,280
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,908
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,310
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr PEllen 98,873
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago