Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72039 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75732 Aug 12, 2014
Yawn. Umm. Mmmm. Tmmm. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75733 Aug 12, 2014
"The aim of practical politics is to alarm the populace, make it clamor to be led to safety, by menacing it with hobgoblins."

- H.L. Mencken
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75735 Aug 12, 2014
Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome - best browser?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75736 Aug 12, 2014
Kudos to Dr Marlin Perkins, Director of St Louis Zoo, and to Jim Fowler - hands on wildlife experts - and what a delightful series of animal videos - Mutual Omaha's Wild Kingdom - shot all over the world they have presented. I admire such accomplished persons.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75737 Aug 12, 2014
Wild Kingdom is an old series now available on You Tube.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75738 Aug 12, 2014
Dr Perkins passed away in 1986 according to Wiki. What a great person he was!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75739 Aug 12, 2014
During his time at the Lincoln Park Zoo, Perkins joined Sir Edmund Hillary as the zoologist for Hillary's 1960 Himalayan expedition to search for the legendary Yeti.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#75741 Aug 12, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Wild Kingdom is an old series now available on You Tube.
You are such a naive young one. I remember watching the series on TV. Best part of it was the Mutual of Omaha commercials.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75742 Aug 12, 2014
Just keep quiet. I just discovered this amazing wild life series on You Tube while surfing the net. brrrr
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75743 Aug 12, 2014
It's 4:35 am, here. Going for a walk. Bye.

Location hidden

#75744 Aug 12, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Just keep quiet. I just discovered this amazing wild life series on You Tube while surfing the net. brrrr
While you are at it, maybe you should "discover" Laugh-In. I believe it was right afterwords.

Location hidden

#75745 Aug 12, 2014
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75747 Aug 12, 2014
Thank you, Papa. That's not my style. It's too behind the times and maybe it should suit your generation of oldies. I am a great fan of martial arts, wildlife, rock music/EDM, latest military weaponry and sports. Anyway, thank you for the link.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75748 Aug 12, 2014
RELIGIOUS NONSENSE

1) Evidence of scriptural personalities hardly matters since the age when these persons lived is so remote.

2) However, we can analyse the true worth of these scriptural persons by scrutinizing their teachings to see if they correspond to reality or fiction and I must add that most of their teachings fall under the category of half-baked truths or pure fiction.

3) Besides, most importantly, the total lack of intervention in the world during times of serious trouble by the extra-cosmic God who creates from nothing points towards his impotence or absence.

4) Take the case of Jews being traumatized for millennia by Christians and look at the way the Kaaba was destroyed on many occasions in the past and look how Islamic nations and Muslims wallow in filth, poverty, bloodshed and backwardness and look at how Muslims and their countries are being systemically destroyed and trampled over by foreign forces at will and look at how Muhammad could not be saved by his "omnipotent" and "omniscient" and "omnipresent" God from dying a most horrible death due to poisoning and one can only conclude that religious beliefs are mumbo jumbo while their pet theories of creation from nothing and a God who protects and saves is nonsense.

5) A brain-dead subhuman type like MUQ or Shamma may be satisfied with mumbo jumbo but thoughtful people cannot be satisfied with rubbish and look either to science or to mysticism that're based on corroborative tangibles like energy, matter and consciousness for rational and verifiable explanations and experiences.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75749 Aug 12, 2014
URGENT:

ATTENTION MODERATOR,

Why am I not able to post on any of the Topix threads since the past 3 days using my sign-in id which is JOEL COOL DUDE?

I have sent you a request 2 days ago but yet the problem continues.

Kindly look into the problem and rectify it at the earliest.

It will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Joel

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#75750 Aug 12, 2014
JOEL wrote:
URGENT:
ATTENTION MODERATOR,
Why am I not able to post on any of the Topix threads since the past 3 days using my sign-in id which is JOEL COOL DUDE?
Thank you,
Joel
Topix installed Mental Detectors

Location hidden

#75751 Aug 13, 2014
JOEL wrote:
URGENT:
ATTENTION MODERATOR,
Thank you,
Joel
You pised off yahwe once too many times

Location hidden

#75752 Aug 13, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Thank you, Papa. That's not my style. It's too behind the times and maybe it should suit your generation of oldies. I am a great fan of martial arts, wildlife, rock music/EDM, latest military weaponry and sports. Anyway, thank you for the link.
It WAS the times. Wouldnt expect you to understand that. You being Indian and not American. Do you like Monty Python?

Location hidden

#75753 Aug 13, 2014
Looks like Joel has a friend....

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (JTA)— An employee of the Dutch Justice Ministry said the jihadist group ISIS was created by Zionists seeking to give Islam a bad reputation.
Yasmina Haifi, a project leader at the ministry’s National Cyber Security Center, made the assertion Wednesday on Twitter, the De Telegraaf daily reported.
“ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. It’s part of a plan by Zionists who are deliberately trying to blacken Islam’s name,” wrote Haifi, who described herself on the social network LinkedIn as an activist for the Dutch Labor party, or PvdA.

Read more: http://www.jta.org/2014/08/13/news-opinion/wo...
JOEL

Thane, India

#75755 Aug 13, 2014
Well, I have just returned home after having had a great time with some great people from LA, New Delhi and Geneva who are in Mumbai for a week. We visited a few places of interest and had some highly stimulating conversations on a number of very interesting subjects. As for food, well, we really enjoyed superb world foods at the Trident's and Taj's classy restaurants. Just some time ago, I had two very interesting guests from Turkey living in my apartment and today I met this group of 5 very interesting persons from different cities. We're scheduled to meet tomorrow as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton foundation scam, gave 5.7%. That's horr... 6 min ClintonsStoleDaLoot 16
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RoxLo 1,433,833
This PUZZLE fits........................NICELY. 11 min COMEYBribeTAKER 4
Breitbart--Comey + Clinton Foundation 18 min COMEY LVS HILLARY 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min RACE 9,559
Granny Clinton........UNfit 23 min HillarysBodyBags 10
What really happened to these Clinton aquaintan... 29 min MurderingClintons 14
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 225,482
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 103,654

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages