Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74472 Jun 17, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another gay innuendo.
Expected.
My dear hippopotamus hypocrite, I wish that I could speak about "gay innuendo" with regards to your words which come next but unfortunately I cannot as they are EXPLICIT words.

YOUR words---"Hugh,I guess I know why you're so fixated on footBALL....the suffix BALL says it all.

Stick your co-ck up your ass."

You are SOLIDLY gay, Joel.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74473 Jun 17, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
We were discussing the nuances of written English in the British and American contexts and the firm conclusion is that slight differences in spelling do not alter the meaning of the word - whether you spell a word in 2 different ways - harbour or as harbor the meaning remains the same..
As far as spoken English is concerned, the pronunciation is same in most cases like honor/honour, defense/defence, color. colour, odor/odour, harbour/habor and so on.
So, you've got no point to hang on to, Cruff.
HughBe---By the way, did you know that speaking and writing are not the same? If you understand this then it is my hope that you do realize that pronouncing the same words differently are barriers to communication.

Joel---We were discussing the nuances of written English in the British and American contexts and the firm conclusion is that slight differences in spelling do not alter the meaning of the word - whether you spell a word in 2 different ways - harbour or as harbor the meaning remains the same..

HughBe--- Certainly WE who do NOT understand the English language were discussing nuances but I have been discussing the BIG word known as the SAME.

Here is help once again.

British English is NOT the SAME as what Americans speak. I have illustrated this REPEATEDLY using different spelling, different pronunciation and a DIFFERENT WORD which the Americans use for DIVED.

All of this have gone right over your small head.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74474 Jun 17, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello No Brains,
Dived or dove in the past tense would convey the same meaning to a person if the context is birds and expectedly the context will always be specified when speaking.
1) The bird dived from a great height -(British English).
OR
1) The bird dove from a great height -(American English).
In both the above cases, the context mentioned is flight of birds and so the meaning of dived/dove would not confuse the listener.
So, context is what matters in such cases and in fact in every case even if the same form of the word is used, ok dopehead?
Son, you should really get someone with sense to explain my words to you. See below the line. Learn this-- DIVED and DOVE are NOT the same. They are different in SPELLING and different in meaning for a native speaker of English. To me and the English DOVE is a BIRD.

Finally, stick with Indian and American English as the Queen's English is just too much for you to handle.

----------

English past tense of DIVE=DIVED

American past tense of DIVE=DOVE

YOUR dove=English DIVE.

For US English speakers DOVE= a BIRD and is NOT the past tense of dive.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#74475 Jun 17, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Don't deflect. Don't dodge. There is a question that has been posed.{besides I already answered that exact question previously}. Neither Frijoles nor I have ever professed to abide by all commandments. We have posed this question numerous times to you, but you deflect. You wear your faith on your sleeve. You show it proudly when you choose but brush it off when it takes effort on your part.
Be an upstart guy and answer a question posed to you for once. Why do you choose to follow the dietary rules, but not the Pesach dietary rules? Why do you not fast on Yom Kippur? Why don't you observe the Feast of the Tabernacles? How do you pick and choose?
Your problem is a lack of familiarity with the Queen's English. If you can find someone who is acquainted with it in your neck of the hole , please ask them to explain my words to you. Note, there is no deflection or dodging as you have discharged above.

By the way, YOU have dodged the priest question before just like you have done now.
----------

Son, let us say that I am not as OBSERVANT as I should be BUT that does not mean that I teach the simple like you to do wrong.

An example of my failure to do right comes next. The scripture says, "answer not a fool according to his folly" and yet I answer you and Frijoles according to your folly daily.

Do YOU give your wave offering to the PRIEST as is commanded?

later "boys"

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#74476 Jun 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

English past tense of DIVE=DIVED

American past tense of DIVE=DOVE

YOUR dove=English DIVE.

For US English speakers DOVE= a BIRD and is NOT the past tense of dive.
Idiot,

I said the context would determine the meaning of dived and dove in case of a bird's flight and besides the word dove is pronounced differently in case of a bird and with reference to the past tense of dive.

So, both the context as well as the pronunciation of dove would determine its meaning and I repeat the pronunciation of dove as a bird is different from the pronunciation of dove when used as the past tense of dive.

So, there will not exist the least confusion.

Get it, moron?

uuff, your English sucks.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#74477 Jun 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

You are SOLIDLY gay, Joel.
Su-ck me.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#74478 Jun 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Son, let us say that I am not as OBSERVANT as I should be BUT that does not mean that I teach the simple like you to do wrong.
So you think you SHOULD be offering the wave offering, but choose not to?

What criteria or standards do you use to prioritize what you choose to follow first? How do you reconcile that with the directive not to add or subtract?

Location hidden

#74479 Jun 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Su-ck me.
Who would that help more?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#74480 Jun 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Who would that help more?
Shamma, the old hag, benefiting from Hugh's experienced mouth-work. LOL.

Rockaway, NJ

#74481 Jun 17, 2014
Though I'm not particularly learned enough in the topic to participate in your discussion, I just wanted to share a link on Chassidic Judaism if anyone is interested. As you may know, the Baal Shem Tov was the founder of the movement, and this site has a lot of useful information on him. It also sells books on his teachings, if anybody is interested in Jewish mysticism or the Baal Shem Tov himself.

Here is the website: www.baalshemtov.com

Enjoy!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#74482 Jun 17, 2014
NONSENSE

The Baal Shem Tov taught: Whatever a person sees or hears contains a lesson in Divine service. This is the gist of Divine service: to realize how to serve G-d in all things.(HaYom Yom, p. 52, cited in Kesser Shem Tov, Hosafos, 128).

JOEL: Stale and Childish nonsense. Expected.

Location hidden

#74483 Jun 17, 2014
You are SUCH a grump.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#74484 Jun 17, 2014
Service is an act of practicality and inculcates humility but it is very important to serve the right person, right cause or right typal being, otherwise one's efforts come to nought and besides one gets damaged in the process and if one is dealing with an adverse typal being, then, well, the dangers are immense.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#74485 Jun 17, 2014
Most of humanity is possessed in some way or the other and it is this possession in varying degrees brought on by the adverse beings that turns possessed people into obdurate, desensitized, bigoted, nonthinking and cruel subhuman types. The actual Truth is very different and is not what the scriptures and most people imagine it to be. Above all, remember, Truth has to be directly experienced to the extent one is capable of doing so and manifested in life.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#74486 Jun 17, 2014
Most of us who've forged strong online alliances or who're naturally attracted to each other have met in some previous life or the other. There's a subtle causation in consciousness even where relationships are concerned.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#74487 Jun 17, 2014
HUGH,

Here's something that will interest you -

In the wild, big predators like the lion, tiger, leopard, cheetah and hyena usually stay away from the honey badger since the honey badger is an aggressive little fella and is known to bite off the testicles of the animal who attacks it leaving the poor predator ball-less.

I hope your boy friend bites off your big black balls.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#74489 Jun 18, 2014
Where's that minim, Hugh? LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#74490 Jun 18, 2014
HELP EVER, HURT NEVER:

Always try and ease the path of others by consoling them in times of grief, soothing away their fears, giving them hope, speaking words of encouragement, offering material help if needed, showing them ways to maximize their inborn potential, wishing them on their special days, giving words of advice if asked and by just being around if they feel the need to turn to you. Please keep nonsensical religious prejudices, stupid scriptural beliefs and petty tribal affiliations out of this life-building exercise and desist from proselytizing. Instead, use logic, compassion, humor, anecdotes, one's own life experiences,.compatible marriage, scientific findings, secular wisdom traditions, herbs, rejuvenating diet, therapeutic massage, nature walks, simple meditation techniques, relaxing breathing techniques and easy free hand exercises to de-stress oneself and to help others do the same.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#74491 Jun 18, 2014
Christian Louboutin.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#74492 Jun 18, 2014
FEMALE CIRCUMCISION

Female genital mutilation (FGM), the excision of the clitoris practised widely in African and many Muslim countries, is a means for men to maintain control of women and must be eradicated, U.N. human rights chief Navi Pillay said on Monday. "FGM is a form of gender-based discrimination and violence. It is a violation of the right (of women and girls) to physical and mental integrity," Pillay told a gathering on the issue at the world body's Human Rights Council.

JOEL: How about condemning the barbaric pagan practice of male circumcision?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min cathy1691823 1,479,513
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min Susanm 10,056
News Obama's farewell speech in Chicago felt like th... 42 min Captain Dunghorse 31
John Lewis is NOT a hero, he's an idiot who got... 1 hr NEEDS New BASHING 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr idiots the dems 234,006
NO Negrah HATE CRIMES,Ha Media protected 1 hr Jimmy Brown FB NFL 9
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 1 hr NeedsAHeadBashing 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages