Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
67,201 - 67,220 of 68,380 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>10% of the world population is gay. 10% of the world population is of a race that officially begins with an "n" but the best that can be posted on Topix is "of African descent". Both are minorities.
I believe that even you should realize that you have not answered what comes next so do give it another try.

Eric---I told you, it's a minority like other minorities.
I think you can read between those lines.

HughBe----Cite your exact words and give post #.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

Bye Homo.......

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, here is your lesson for the day. To OBEY is BETTER than sacrifice. Why not try OBEDIENCE today.
Here is a START. "Ye shall NOT add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you."
Have YOU supported ADDITIONS to the COMMANDMENTS?
The wave offering is not an addition. Its a clear commandment doofus
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
MORE ON THE ABNORMALITY OF GAY SEX
- The Health Risks of Gay Sex -
JOHN R. DIGGS, JR., M.D.
1) Anal intercourse is the sine qua non of sex for many gay men.22
Since when is Rotello's opinion a scientific study? What are Rotello's qualifications? What does "many" mean? Two? Three? How about 40%? Is 40% "many gay men"?
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that even you should realize that you have not answered what comes next so do give it another try.
Eric---I told you, it's a minority like other minorities.
I think you can read between those lines.
HughBe----Cite your exact words and give post #.
Hmmmm, maybe it's like this similar quote from you: "Let me say this plainly I did NOT see post 74083". Maybe you should look again.
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

HughBe wrote:
Eric---Are you really that naive? I can't believe that you are really that naive and don't know what the other 60% practice.
Did you read the article I cited? What did it say about the other 60%?
Hugh----Once again, I HughBe love some men e.g. sons, friends, father etc and have affection for males on this forum but does that make me gay? NO.
Those fellows are GAY because they want to FLOC the rear orifices of other men.
Wow, I never thought you were that dense. You know, men have two "orifices". Could the other 60% be interested in "flocing" the other orifice or having their other orifice "floced"? Read the study. Become educated.

"Knowledge is Good!"

Emil Faber
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, here is your lesson for the day. To OBEY is BETTER than sacrifice. Why not try OBEDIENCE today.
Here is a START. "Ye shall NOT add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you."
Have YOU supported ADDITIONS to the COMMANDMENTS?
I but know the commandments, and therefore ask why do ye diminish ought from it:
Lev. 23
And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the day of rest, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the waving; seven weeks shall there be complete;
even unto the morrow after the seventh week shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall present a new meal-offering unto HaShem.
Ye shall bring out of your dwellings two wave-loaves of two tenth parts of an ephah; they shall be of fine flour, they shall be baked with leaven, for first-fruits unto HaShem.
And ye shall present with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams; they shall be a burnt-offering unto HaShem, with their meal-offering, and their drink-offerings, even an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto HaShem.
And ye shall offer one he-goat for a sin-offering, and two he-lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace-offerings.
And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the first-fruits for a wave-offering before HaShem, with the two lambs; they shall be holy to HaShem for the priest.
And ye shall make proclamation on the selfsame day; there shall be a holy convocation unto you; ye shall do no manner of servile work; it is a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.
And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corner of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleaning of thy harvest; thou shalt leave them for the poor, and for the stranger: I am HaShem your G-d.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>10% of the world population is gay. 10% of the world population is of a race that officially begins with an "n" but the best that can be posted on Topix is "of African descent". Both are minorities.
What a weird statement: finding race and the n-word (whatever that means for you in implications) given that the entire human 'race''* is of African descent.
*Unless you have some Aldebarans in your backyard we have no other 'race'.

Apropos skincolour and homo-sexuality:
Phenotypical variations filling up the fringes of recurring mutations.

We allready saw that the phenotype most likely occurs during pregnancy as a hormonal reaction to extreme stress followed by overload and to little hormone production.
Usually in extreme submissive relations with a macho, overbaring 'husband' that in general humiliates his wife.

So from that perspective we need change in that attitude. And stop harping on phenotypical changes that like skincolour cannot be helped or remedied.

Typical heterosexual macho behaviour as well as old fashioned within marriage attitudes are to blame.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I but know the commandments, and therefore ask why do ye diminish ought from it:
Lev. 23
And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the day of rest, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the waving; seven weeks shall there be complete;
even unto the morrow after the seventh week shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall present a new meal-offering unto HaShem.
Ye shall bring out of your dwellings two wave-loaves of two tenth parts of an ephah; they shall be of fine flour, they shall be baked with leaven, for first-fruits unto HaShem.
And ye shall present with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams; they shall be a burnt-offering unto HaShem, with their meal-offering, and their drink-offerings, even an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto HaShem.
And ye shall offer one he-goat for a sin-offering, and two he-lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace-offerings.
And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the first-fruits for a wave-offering before HaShem, with the two lambs; they shall be holy to HaShem for the priest.
And ye shall make proclamation on the selfsame day; there shall be a holy convocation unto you; ye shall do no manner of servile work; it is a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.
And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corner of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleaning of thy harvest; thou shalt leave them for the poor, and for the stranger: I am HaShem your G-d.
BBQ season. ;)

http://www.sidduraudio.com/aliyah.html
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
What a weird statement: finding race and the n-word (whatever that means for you in implications) given that the entire human 'race''* is of African descent.
We allready saw that the phenotype most likely occurs during pregnancy as a hormonal reaction to extreme stress followed by overload and to little hormone production.
Usually in extreme submissive relations with a macho, overbaring 'husband' that in general humiliates his wife.
So from that perspective we need change in that attitude. And stop harping on phenotypical changes that like skincolour cannot be helped or remedied.
Typical heterosexual macho behaviour as well as old fashioned within marriage attitudes are to blame.
MAAT, that's my whole point.

As to use "of African descent", the scientific word is ne__gr__oid race. Topix equates that word with another similar derogatory word and won't allow its use. "Of African descent" was closest I could use without mangling the word as above.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
MAAT, that's my whole point.
As to use "of African descent", the scientific word is ne__gr__oid race. Topix equates that word with another similar derogatory word and won't allow its use. "Of African descent" was closest I could use without mangling the word as above.
By now i usually know what your point is.

But this one was rather oddly phrased. As in could the point not have been made differently.
I know all the connotations of the n-word.
How do you figure 10 %? USA, right now demographics in particular i suppose.
Minority being the point and phenotype.

But frankly we are all ne_gr_oid...though not all living in America.

Skip any race/deme/whatever since it makes no sense and is more about politics and prejudice than anything else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/108786...

Fasting for as little as three days can regenerate the entire immune system, even in the elderly, scientists have found in a breakthrough described as "remarkable".

Although fasting diets have been criticised by nutritionists for being unhealthy, new research suggests starving the body kick-starts stem cells into producing new white blood cells, which fight off infection.

Scientists at the University of Southern California say the discovery could be particularly beneficial for people suffering from damaged immune systems, such as cancer patients on chemotherapy.

It could also help the elderly whose immune system becomes less effective as they age, making it harder for them to fight off even common diseases.

The researchers say fasting "flips a regenerative switch" which prompts stem cells to create brand new white blood cells, essentially regenerating the entire immune system.

Prolonged fasting forces the body to use stores of glucose and fat but also breaks down a significant portion of white blood cells.

During each cycle of fasting, this depletion of white blood cells induces changes that trigger stem cell-based regeneration of new immune system cells.

In trials humans were asked to regularly fast for between two and four days over a six-month period.

Scientists found that prolonged fasting also reduced the enzyme PKA, which is linked to ageing and a hormone which increases cancer risk and tumour growth.

Since: Jan 14

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

HughBe wrote:
Joel---Illegal or legal are petty mental terms.

Hugh--- Why? Because they also have a physical reality to them. Do something illegal and you could end up in prison i.e. PHYSICALLY.
So, does nature mandate a violation of gun ownership laws?

The physical part of human action is the putting of the ideas and thoughts that we have into concrete form.

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

HughBe wrote:
Also the concept of a car started out as a MENTAL activity but ended up as a PHYSICAL reality.
Nature does not tell you to think about/design/make a car - your mind does so and as a result your hands get to work, not nature.

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

HughBe wrote:
I would also say that nature has the concepts of legal and illegal/ FORBIDDEN acts. If you doubt me try the following. Note, ALL are illegal in nature and carry consequences just like the laws of men.

1. Jump off of a high building.

2. Stick your head into a shark's mouth.

3. Kiss a rattlesnake.
The examples listed above are dangerous consequences of acting foolishly or a they carry a cause/effect relationship - there's nothing legal or illegal about any of them.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---10% of the world population is gay. 10% of the world population is of a race that officially begins with an "n" but the best that can be posted on Topix is "of African descent". Both are minorities.

Maat----What a weird statement:

HughBe--- Indeed Maat, his statement is weird and bizarre.

Maat---- finding race and the n-word (whatever that means for you in implications) given that the ENTIRE human 'race''* is of African descent.

HughBe--- I believe that his weird comment was due in part to the fluctuation in hormones that afflict him ever full moon.

Maat---*Unless you have some Aldebarans in your backyard we have NO other 'race'.

HughBe--- Good point, Maat. In my mind RACE is a non-issue and was not under consideration but ABNORMALITY was. Race does not determine the qualities/value of a person. The true value of a person lies in his or her integrity, ability to be just, fair, kind and merciful.

So race is of no value except to those who are deficient in one or more of the above qualities and who are trying to reassuring themselves that they are not lacking when they are in fact INADEQUATE.

Finally Maat, I shall say something which I believe that I am saying for the first time i.e. I like you. Your current post has deepened my admiration and respect for you as a human.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Lev. 23
Eric---I but know the commandments, and therefore ask why do ye diminish ought from it:

Hugh--- Indeed you KNOW but you do NOT UNDERSTAND them. Once again, to OBEY is better than SACRIFICES.

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

1. When did the doctors and scientists in India learn about AIDS? Is it 2000 years ago?
Earlier.

There is mention of a disease condition resembling AIDS in the anceint ayurveda and aside from this this disases codntion the medical treatise contains amazing information on germs, immune system, therapies, formation of sperm/ovum, inoculation, brain surgery, 3000 methods of surgery, heart and its functions, plastic surgery, bone setting, diet, classes of life forces and how they move the organs and how their imbalance adversely affects health etc. etc etc
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
So, does nature mandate a violation of gun ownership laws?
The physical part of human action is the putting of the ideas and thoughts that we have into concrete form.
Nature does not mandate a violation of gun ownership laws. Nature has its own laws that are mandatory and like man-made laws violations carry punishment.

Plant a tree in the sky and tell me about it.

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

QUESTION ON RACES

If phenotype manifestations are a result of genetic mutations, then:

1) How does one account for the marked anatomical variations and vast intellectual differences among the races?

2) Can the genotype of an African be manipulated in the lab so that his phenotypal features and mental abilities match those of say a Japanese or a European?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Brian_G 45,799
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min ISRDEU 67,972
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min THE DEVIL 1,080,441
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,666
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr LMS 97,540
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr andet1987 465
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE