Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#73441 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The Higher Force covers a whole range of frequencies from subtlest to grossest -
AM and FM as well?

Wonderfull. This Higher Force can be better used as radio than anything else.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73442 May 8, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
AM and FM as well?
Wonderfull. This Higher Force can be better used as radio than anything else.
I like the way he capitalizes "Higher Force"

(pbuh)

But no, he is not a theist.....

Location hidden

#73443 May 8, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
At least come up with something newly stupid.
And you are reliably funny......lol

Location hidden

#73444 May 8, 2014
that previous comment was meant to be literal, not sarcastic
Eric

Northbrook, IL

#73445 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet YOU tell me how many Christians that YOU personally know who call themselves Xtians.
Time waster.
And there you have it. Knows he's beat so he dodges the question.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#73446 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way he capitalizes "Higher Force"
(pbuh)
But no, he is not a theist.....
Joel denies everything.

Ask him if he's a liar. Surely he will deny it. And that will comfirm that he is.

Never seen someone more theistic than Joel.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#73447 May 8, 2014
It's fair to say Huggy has been sufficiently schooled on the use of the word Xtian by actual Xtians. Now let's sit back and see how his Xtian teachings have taught him humility in the face of defeat.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73448 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, I have been checking out the fellas and have observed that they are having their own way, for now. As soon as the 87% of Americans/ Christians stand up it shall all change.
My recommendations to ALL Christians is that they UNITE and VOTE only for THOSE who share their beliefs on matters of HOMOSEXUALITY and religious freedom.
Note, the THOSE include Christians, Judaists, Hindus, Muslims and ALL those who support FREEDOM of Religion and who embrace the teachings on homosexuality as outlined in the scriptures.
And all who support freedom of religion have no problem with you idiots embracing your teachings, as long as keep them to yourselves.
HughBe wrote:
<
No one who would seek to suppress the free speech of others on their religious beliefs should be supported by any Christian.
Speak freely. You superstitious idiots are fun to laugh at. Just don't impose your Bronze Age superstition on rational people.
HughBe wrote:
<
Anyone who supports the removal of Jesus from fabric of society should NEVER be supported by even ONE Christian.
Now to what comes below. Tell me what has the RELIGIOUS beliefs of the 2 Christians have to do with their jobs?
If they were preaching on the job then I would have no problem with the action taken but that is not the case. What is happening in America is that YOUR freedom is being eroded and you don't even know it.
"HGTV has canceled a pilot hosted by twin brothers with a history of preaching against homosexuality, abortion and divorce following backlash from fans.

“HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers’ series,” the network wrote on its Facebook page Wednesday."
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/hgtv-cancels-pilot-...
Good!
Let them put it on the Trinity Broadcasting Network, or whatever.

Panorama City, CA

#73449 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Urban dictionary? Are you a material IDIOT? Is that the equivalent of a Webster's dictionary that YOU spoke about?
What is creature is responsible for the urban dictionary?
Do CHRISTIANS call themselves Xtians? ANSWER.
How many Christians know your Xtians? ANSWER
I am CERTAIN that the "word" was NOT coined by any Christians. I am confident that it MUST be from those who are HOSTILE to Christians.
There are over 2 BILLION Christians and I can tell you that NOT a SINGLE one of them call himself or herself a Xtian.
I call them Xtians. Deal with it.
If Xtians would stop harassing people, people wouldn't be hostile to them.
Simple.

Panorama City, CA

#73450 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, I think that the comparison befits your intelligence. I don't know the actual words of the men in question but I am willing to guess that they were NOT about HATE instead they were about DISAPPROVAL of homosexuality which your type takes as HATE. Why?
Because it is. Why else would you be disproving of something that is none of your business, fundie?

former res

Cheshire, CT

#73452 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
that previous comment was meant to be literal, not sarcastic
Thanks much.

I try and challenge Huggy and he does a copy and paste and replies with his previous post that I had already replied to.

Maddening!

And we know he spouts original and fresh idiocy pretty much with every breath he takes.

Absolutely no need to repeat himself!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73453 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Hugh--- Correction i.e. Grades 12 &13.

Joel dear----The A Level covers Grades 11 and 12.

Hugh---- In the real world I am correct.
Your knowledge of Physics is of the Middle School level.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73454 May 8, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

So, if you're trying to be normal, what's the objection now to having sex?
Easier said than done.

How do I get rid of the Higher Consciousness-Force that has manifested through the Supramental Planes and is bearing down on me from there?

It's presence is constant.

Even right now as I am typing the Higher Force is on me (it has entered the head region) though it has not fully entered the spinal nerves.

These spontaneous movements of the Higher Force as it descends from the higher planes into my body are not so easy to get rid of even if I refuse consent.

Maybe with a steady refusal the Force will leave for good.

It will take some time.

At present, the immense pressure created in the head has made my whole body painful.
Eric

Northbrook, IL

#73455 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>

At present, the immense pressure created in the head has made my whole body painful.
epididymal hypertension (I tried to use the slang term but got censored.)

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73456 May 8, 2014
SUPERMIND

"It is hardly possible to say what the supermind is in the language of Mind, even spiritualised Mind, for it is a different consciousness altogether and acts in a different way. Whatever may be said of it is likely to be not understood or misunderstood. It is only by growing into it that we can know what it is and this also cannot be done until after a long process by which mind heightening and illuminating becomes pure Intuition (not the mixed thing that ordinarily goes by that name) and masses itself into overmind; after that overmind can be lifted into and suffused with supermind till it undergoes a transformation.
In the supermind all is self-known self-luminously, there are no divisions, oppositions or separated aspects as in Mind whose principle is division of Knowledge into parts and setting each part against another. Overmind approaches this at its top and is often mistaken for supermind, but it cannot reach it - except by uplifting and transformation."

- Sri Aurobindo, Letters on Yoga

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73457 May 8, 2014
OVERMENTAL INTERVENTION:

"It is (sometimes directly, sometimes indirectly) by the power of the overmind releasing the mind from its close partitions that the cosmic consciousness opens in the seeker and he becomes aware of the cosmic principle and the play of the cosmic forces.
It is from or at least through the overmind plane that the original pre-arrangement of things in this world is effected; for from it the determining vibrations originally come. But there are corresponding movements on all the planes, the mind, the vital, the physical even and it is possible in a very clear or illumined condition of the lower consciousness to become aware of these movements and understand the plan of things and be either a conscious instrument or even, to a limited extent, a determinant Will or Force. But the stuff of the lower planes always mixes with the overmind forces when they descend and diminishes or even falsifies and perverts their truth and power.
It is even possible for the overmind to transmit to the lower planes of consciousness something of the supramental Light; but, so long as the supermind does not directly manifest, its Light is modified in the overmind itself and still further modified in the application by the needs, the demands, the circumscribing possibilities of the individual nature. The success of this diminished and modified Light, e.g. in purifying the physical, cannot be immediate and absolute as the full and direct supramental action would be; it is still relative, conditioned by the individual nature and the balance of the universal forces, resisted by adverse powers, baulked of its perfect result by the unwillingness of the lower workings to cease, limited either in its scope or in its efficacy by the want of a complete consent in the physical nature."

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73458 May 8, 2014
DESCENT OF THE OVERMIND:

"The overmind has to be reached and brought down before the supermind descent is at all possible - for the overmind is the passage through which one passes from Mind to supermind.

It is from the overmind that all these different arrangements of the creative Truth of things originate.

Out of the overmind they come down to the Intuition and are transmitted from it to the Illumined and Higher Mind to be arranged there for our intelligence. But they lose more and more of their power and certitude in the transmission as they come down to the lower levels. What energy of directly perceived Truth they have is lost in the human mind; for to the human intellect they present themselves only as speculative ideas, not as realised Truth, not as direct sight, a dynamic vision coupled with a concrete undeniable experience."

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73459 May 8, 2014
MORE ON THE OVERMIND - 9TH TO 12 TH COSMIC PLANES

"There are different planes of the Overmind.

One is mental, directly creative of all the formations that manifest below in the mental world - that is the mental overmind. Above is the overmind intuition. Still above are the planes of overmind that are more and more connected with the supermind and have a partly supramental character. Highest in the overmind ranges is the supramental overmind or overmind gnosis.

But these are things you cannot understand until you get a higher experience.

You cannot do it at present.

Only those who have got fully into cosmic consciousness can do it and even they cannot do it at first.

One must first go fully through the experience of higher mind and illumined mind and intuition before it can be done.

It is not so simple as that - but it [the overmind] can for convenience be divided into four planes - mental overmind and the three you have written (intuitive overmind, true overmind and supramental overmind), but there are many layers in each and each of these can be regarded as a plane in itself."

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#73461 May 8, 2014
CHAKRAS IN & OUTSIDE THE BODY

1) Bindu Chakra - Above the head - Superconscient

2) Sahasrara Chakra - Above the head - Superconscient

3) Guru Chakra - Above the head - Superconscient

4) Nirvana or Brahmarandhra Chakra - In the top center of the head - Higher Mind

5) Ajnya Chakra - Eyebrows - Dynamic Mind, Will, Vision, Mental Formation

6) Vishuddha Chakra - Throat - externalizing physical mind

7) Anahata Chakra - Heart - Emotional being

8) Manipura Chakra - Navel - Higher Vital

9) Svadhisthana Chakra - Below navel - Lower Vital

10) Muladhara Chakra - Root of spine - Physical down to subconscient

11) <noname> - Below feet - Subconscient

12) <noname> Below feet - Inconscient

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73462 May 8, 2014
ACUPRESSURE

I am calling in an accupressurist to relive my taut nerves. She does a great job. I only hope I don't get an erection while she's at work on soothing my nerves. LOL. The pain in my body is getting unbearable as the Higher Force that has entered the head region has begun to vibrate at a much higher rate since the past one hour or so leading to severe pain in the body. I have refused consent to the present yogic experience but it will take some time for my refusal to become potent enough so that these spontaneous yogic experiences cease altogether or become rare. I don't mind the Force stationing itself on the superior planes that lie above the head but the pain begins the moment it enters the nervous system as it attempts to open up the chakras. I hope in future the Consciousness-Force stays above the head and doesn't enter my body.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,480,106
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min OzRitz 62,895
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min District 1 234,053
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Me Impressed 7,992
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr Rhino Illinois Gov 7,582
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,892
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,161

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages