Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71939 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73411 May 8, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Now substitute Jews for Christians and Judahists for Xtians.
I am actually leaving but was checking to ensure that I had responded to all CS posts and low I saw this CS of yours."Now substitute Jews for Christians and Judahists for Xtians"

Son, I want you to STUDY my words below and get the BRIGHTEST of your religion to contemplate them as they are challenging words for your intellect among other things.

Before you all read them let me say something which everybody in the world knows i.e. a JEW can be a Christian. Christian is RELIGION whereas Jew has to do with family lineage.

Christianity was started by JEWS and so this in itself should tell THAT fool something contrary to the LIES and DECEPTION that is promoted over that side of the Jordan.

Oh your substitution recommendation was actually BS as it does not apply to my post below.
----------
Do CHRISTIANS call themselves Xtians? ANSWER.

How many Christians know your Xtians? ANSWER

I am CERTAIN that the "word" was NOT coined by any Christians. I am confident that it MUST be from those who are HOSTILE to Christians.

There are over 2 BILLION Christians and I can tell you that NOT a SINGLE one of them call himself or herself a Xtian.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73412 May 8, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Another mouse.
You sure can kill a joke.
Your joke was aborted so don't blame me.

I was just effing with you.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73413 May 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The important lesson here (for Huggy) is that the word "Xtian" is recognized by Merriam-Webster as an abbreviation for Christian, contrary to Huggy's childish rants.
In fairness, the definition does mention, despite the words heritage, that it could be considered offensive. Terms and usage is not always black and white. Look at the N word for black people.

However the homophobic but gay islander with the extreme tan deserves a good tongue lashing.

Location hidden

#73414 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
HughBe---Do CHRISTIANS call themselves Xtians? ANSWER.
Cun.----Yes
HughBe--- PROVE it as I know of not even ONE and I am confident that virtually none of them know the "word" Xtian outside of those on forums like this with people like YOU.
HughBe --How many Christians know your Xtians? ANSWER
Cun---Many
HughBe--- You are a COMIC. YOU a Judaist and yet YOU know many such persons and I as A Christian know NOT even ONE.
You are not serious and you are NOT about honesty.
Ask Shamma if he calls himself a Xtian.
Buford was a Christian ask him if he has ever called himself a Xtian
Also ask him if he knows of anyone who does.
Do NOT dodge, Judaist.
not impressed with a sample size of 2, of which one already has a private vocabulary and yet is still convinced that he does not.

Location hidden

#73415 May 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
http://reluctantxtian.wordpress.com/about/
http://sarcasticxtian.com/about/
http://xtianfmradio.com/about-us
I can go on and on...
<quoted text>
I don't think Judaist means what you think it dies.
<quoted text>
Projection
<quoted text>
Who?
<quoted text>
You're confused.
XTIAN FM RADIO

Xtian Fm Radio is an internet Radio Ministry that showcases cultural diversity. We are based in United Kingdom and the United States of America. Our mission first and foremost is to propagate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost dieing world. Our programmes are Biblically based, embracing the doctrine of Christ and his teaching. It is our hope that everyone who has connected with us will be thoroughly blessed.

----------
lol!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73416 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of ME AND MY PEOPLE?
Come now, I never use the word regularly here. And the "MY PEOPLE" betrays your extreme prejudice.(And is COR a member of my people?)
I probably SHOULD start using the word - just for you - considering you hate gay people.
FUNGUS when will the LIES and DECEPTION end? Why do you reply on LIES and DECEPTION?

Your nastiness of "Outside of ME AND MY PEOPLE?" should indeed be puzzling to even THAT CRUFF as I said no such thing.

My words to that spawn REMAINS----Outside of you and PEOPLE LIKE YOU I know of NO ONE who calls others Xtian and I also of NO ONE who calls herself Xtian.

I stand by those words, spawn, and they mean something TOTALLY different than what you are implying in your FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.

Location hidden

#73417 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

I am CERTAIN that the "word" was NOT coined by any Christians. I am confident that it MUST be from those who are HOSTILE to Christians.
There are over 2 BILLION Christians and I can tell you that NOT a SINGLE one of them call himself or herself a Xtian.
Xtian Fm Radio is an internet Radio Ministry that showcases cultural diversity. We are based in United Kingdom and the United States of America. Our mission first and foremost is to propagate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost dieing world. Our programmes are Biblically based, embracing the doctrine of Christ and his teaching. It is our hope that everyone who has connected with us will be thoroughly blessed.

---

LOL !

Location hidden

#73418 May 8, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>And there we have the Christian persecution complex again. You need to see if Bill O'Reilly needs a PR person for next Christmas.
Just as the haters have a right to espouse their beliefs, so do the Gays. And Gays have substantial buying power right now. They have more disposable funds than probably any other group. HGTV made a business decision, as did the NBA.
For a while, CT was enjoying a mini economic boom performing gay marriage to NYers and others. With the ceremony came the party. And since many of these couples had been together for a while, and were financially well off, they skipped the exotic honeymoon and spent copious amounts of cash locally. I think it has waned a bit now that NY and others have caught up.

Location hidden

#73419 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
FUNGUS when will the LIES and DECEPTION end? Why do you reply on LIES and DECEPTION?
Your nastiness of "Outside of ME AND MY PEOPLE?" should indeed be puzzling to even THAT CRUFF as I said no such thing.
My words to that spawn REMAINS----Outside of you and PEOPLE LIKE YOU I know of NO ONE who calls others Xtian and I also of NO ONE who calls herself Xtian.
I stand by those words, spawn, and they mean something TOTALLY different than what you are implying in your FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
Rather than worrying about MY people, you should be worrying more about YOUR people

"....Xtian Fm Radio is an internet Radio Ministry that showcases cultural diversity. We are based in United Kingdom and the United States of America. Our mission first and foremost is to propagate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost dieing world. Our programmes are Biblically based, embracing the doctrine of Christ and his teaching. It is our hope that everyone who has connected with us will be thoroughly blessed..."

Dog doo on your face suits you well. Brings out your highlights....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#73420 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness, the definition does mention, despite the words heritage, that it could be considered offensive. Terms and usage is not always black and white. Look at the N word for black people.
However the homophobic but gay islander with the extreme tan deserves a good tongue lashing.
People who want to be offended because of their persecution complex will always find a way to be offended.

The Xtian guy from sarcasticxtian ( http://sarcasticxtian.com/about/ ) sums it up nicely...

Why the name?

Why “Sarcastic Xtian”? Well, you need a name, and catchy or provocative names are a bit more memorable than “Scott’s Blog”. As for the “sarcastic” part, I covered that in an early post.

As far as “Xtian” as opposed to “Christian”… This one is kind of funny to me. I’ve heard people say “Writing ‘Xmas’ is trying to eliminate Christ from Christmas”. I’ve heard similar comments about “Xtian”. This strikes me as incredibly fearful – not to mention ignorant of history. I don’t think there is anyone alive today that doesn’t know Xmas is an abbreviation for Christmas, which contains the word “Christ”. But this is not a new movement to hide Christ. This abbreviation has been around a very long time.

The labarum, often called the Chi-Rho, is a Christian symbol representing Christ. It is a symbol comprised of our letters X and P, which in Greek are the first two letters of “Christ”. This symbol has been around, and directly representative of Christ, since at least the 4th century. There have also been numerous versions of ichthys symbols since the first century – all representing Jesus. Ichthys is Greek for fish, but in their alphabet looks like ‘&#921;&#935;&#920 ;&#933;&#931;’. It is an acrostic for “Jesus Christ, God’s son, savior” and writing it or one of its representative symbols has always identified someone as Christian. It was often shortened to simply ‘X’, as the X was the letter in the ichthys that represented Christ’s name, and the letter is also reminiscent of a cross.

Xtian (and Xian) are widely accepted as shorthand for Christian. I chose the former because Xian is a city in China and has other uses. Xtian seems to be less cluttered in its understood uses.

The short version is this: if you want to be offended, you will likely find a way. But in these days of texting and Twittering, abbreviations are making a comeback. It’s just the way it’s done. So, if LOL and BRB don’t offend you, then you should be just fine with xmas, xtian

Location hidden

#73421 May 8, 2014
Jesus, Hughbe.....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#73422 May 8, 2014
"...The short version is this: if you want to be offended, you will likely find a way. But in these days of texting and Twittering, abbreviations are making a comeback. It’s just the way it’s done. So, if LOL and BRB don’t offend you, then you should be just fine with xmas, xtian:- Sarcastic Xtian

Huggy - consider yourself schooled by a fellow Xtian!!!
Eric

Villa Park, IL

#73423 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am actually leaving but was checking to ensure that I had responded to all CS posts and low I saw this CS of yours."Now substitute Jews for Christians and Judahists for Xtians"
Son, I want you to STUDY my words below and get the BRIGHTEST of your religion to contemplate them as they are challenging words for your intellect among other things.
Before you all read them let me say something which everybody in the world knows i.e. a JEW can be a Christian. Christian is RELIGION whereas Jew has to do with family lineage.
Christianity was started by JEWS and so this in itself should tell THAT fool something contrary to the LIES and DECEPTION that is promoted over that side of the Jordan.
Oh your substitution recommendation was actually BS as it does not apply to my post below.
----------
Do CHRISTIANS call themselves Xtians? ANSWER.
How many Christians know your Xtians? ANSWER
Please explain the use of the chi rho symbol by members of your faith.

Location hidden

#73424 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

and again, even in the last couple of posts, I have refrained from calling anyone a Xtian. The only times I used the word was in the context of defining it.

Not bad for an alleged PEOPLE LIKE ME, huh?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73425 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
not impressed with a sample size of 2, of which one already has a private vocabulary and yet is still convinced that he does not.
Truth NEVER impresses people like YOU. Do as you are told, I would make it a sample of 3 on this FORUM and NOT 2. So it would be 3 out of 3.

In your country of well over 300 MILLION persons YOU have debated and supported a sample size of under 50 to speak for the ENTIRE country. Now you have a problem with my survey and note I know THOUSANDS of Christians and NOT one calls himself Xtian.

Shamma and Buford would also know many based on church, family, work, school etc and so the sample size would not even be 3 but THOUSANDS.

Did YOU understand the questions ?

Get someone to explain them to you, Judaist.

I have also said ask them if they know of any Christian who calls himself Xtian.

Now get behind me Judaist.

Location hidden

#73426 May 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
People who want to be offended because of their persecution complex will always find a way to be offended.
Oh its all bluster - as he willingly continues to use the word Judahite....I doubt he takes himself seriously. However I dont know if he realizes how dopey he comes off.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73427 May 8, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain the use of the chi rho symbol by members of your faith.
Better yet YOU tell me how many Christians that YOU personally know who call themselves Xtians.

Time waster.

Location hidden

#73428 May 8, 2014
http://xtianfmradio.com/about-us

Our vision is to connect a global community of believers, and reach hungry souls through our diverse lineup of programs. Xtian Fm Radio promises to uplift, teach, motivate,and inspire. Feeds your spiritual appetite with the best in Gospel Music and more from around the world.

At Xtian FM Radio we also endeavour to showcase/ promote upcoming and existing artists. Our community interaction includes broadcasting live from Christian functions and events. Xtian FM also organises community events such as shows and concerts as a medium to create an opportunity for upcoming artist as well as to promote existing ones. Our programmes appeal to a wide cross-section of audience from all ages, youths and adults alike. Programmes that include Talk Shows, Teachings and Sermons as well as Poetry and Comedy.

In keeping with our mission to bring the best programmes to our listeners we are continuously seeking ministries to broadcast with us. Whether you or your ministry have existing media publishing or you are brand new with the desire to broadcast, we would like to hear from you.

Thank you for visiting Xtian FM Radio, showcasing cultural diversity in God’s Kingdom.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73429 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
XTIAN FM RADIO
----------
lol!
Typical American but it is NOT representative of the over 2 BILLION Christians.

Location hidden

#73430 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth NEVER impresses people like YOU. Do as you are told, I would make it a sample of 3 on this FORUM and NOT 2. So it would be 3 out of 3.
In your country of well over 300 MILLION persons YOU have debated and supported a sample size of under 50 to speak for the ENTIRE country. Now you have a problem with my survey and note I know THOUSANDS of Christians and NOT one calls himself Xtian.
Shamma and Buford would also know many based on church, family, work, school etc and so the sample size would not even be 3 but THOUSANDS.
Did YOU understand the questions ?
Get someone to explain them to you, Judaist.
I have also said ask them if they know of any Christian who calls himself Xtian.
Now get behind me Judaist.
Read Erics, COR, and my posts, extract FOOT FROM MOUTH, and then get back to us

Meanwhile I am rocking away listening to great gospel on this great internet station I just found. Its called XTIAN RADIO.

(As a JEW I can appreciate good music when I hear it, without prejudice)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,251,901
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min woodtick57 192,359
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 45 min boundary painter 1,005
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 56 min boundary painter 1,669
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 58 min boundary painter 443
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr boundary painter 429
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr boundary painter 963
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages