Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72024 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Eric

Villa Park, IL

#73372 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of businesses that seem to cater only to Christians (i.e. Christian book and music stores), and I wish them well.
As I would hope they would wish Judaica shops and Wiccan shops and Yoga stores well.
Doesnt mean either of us has to shop in the other, if we choose not to. But I have nothing against them making a buck among themselves - goddess bless!
(I should note that there are probably much more fundamentalist and Messianic Christians who shop Judaica than vice versa, but ce la vie!)
And there is a slew of Christian broadcasting stations. They can go there and get a job and espouse their hate with impugnity.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#73373 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I get "....To view the definition of xtian, activate your Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary FREE TRIAL now!.."
But this implies the word IS in the online dictionary
poor Hughbe
(by the way - we have pointed this out to him before)
Strange. It works if you access it through Google...

Here - I made it into a tiny URL from the Google URI...

http://tinyurl.com/mw34hg4
Eric

Villa Park, IL

#73374 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Urban dictionary? Are you a material IDIOT? Is that the equivalent of a Webster's dictionary that YOU spoke about?
What is creature is responsible for the urban dictionary?
Do CHRISTIANS call themselves Xtians? ANSWER.
How many Christians know your Xtians? ANSWER
I am CERTAIN that the "word" was NOT coined by any Christians. I am confident that it MUST be from those who are HOSTILE to Christians.
There are over 2 BILLION Christians and I can tell you that NOT a SINGLE one of them call himself or herself a Xtian.
xtian abbreviation, often capitalized

Full Definition of XTIAN

Christian

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xti...

Location hidden

#73375 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I get "....To view the definition of xtian, activate your Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary FREE TRIAL now!.."
But this implies the word IS in the online dictionary
poor Hughbe
(by the way - we have pointed this out to him before)
Also...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Xtianity

English[edit]
Etymology[edit]
1634,[1] from Christianity, replacing Christ with the abbreviation Xt (from Ancient Greek &#935; (Ch, the letter chi), the first letter of &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#972; &#962; (Christós,“Christ”)+ t, the last letter of "Christ"). Compare the more common Xmas.

Noun[edit]
Xtianity (uncountable)

Alternative form of Xianity (“abbreviation of Christianity”). &#8195;[quotations &#9660;]
Usage notes[edit]
See also: Xianity#Usage notes
As with Xmas and Xianity, as of the late 20th century this term may be considered informal and potentially disrespectful, though it was traditionally an unobjectionable scribal abbreviation.

References[edit]
^ Oxford English Dictionary, 1884-1928, and First Supplement, 1933

Location hidden

#73376 May 8, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
xtian abbreviation, often capitalized
Full Definition of XTIAN
Christian
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xti...
For some reason, the direct link sends you to the pay wall. I discovered that through Google, you can acquire the link that gets you in...

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73377 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
The A Level covers Grades 11 and 12.
How can you take a college level course in high school unless you're in an honors program?
Anyway, you don't know Physics.
Hugh--- Correction i.e. Grades 12 &13.

Joel dear----The A Level covers Grades 11 and 12.

Hugh---- In the real world I am correct.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73378 May 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange. It works if you access it through Google...
Here - I made it into a tiny URL from the Google URI...
I get via yoru link

"....This word doesn't usually appear in our free dictionary, but the definition from our premium Unabridged Dictionary is offered here on a limited basis. Note that some information is displayed differently in the Unabridged.
To access the complete Unabridged Dictionary, with an additional 300,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary, start a free trial...."

The internet is still a mystery when it wants to....

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73379 May 8, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>And there is a slew of Christian broadcasting stations. They can go there and get a job and espouse their hate with impugnity.
But some of the old time preachers are entertaining!

Locally we have a typically annoying Christian station that competes in frequency with a local NPR. The geographic dividing line is a curve on the larger highway, and a hill on a smaller parallel highway. I often purposely tune into the station when on the highways JUST for the satisfaction and thrill of listening to it be overtaken by the NPR at the curve/hill.

Justice!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73380 May 8, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So Donald Sterling did nothing wrong? He shouldn't be fined or banded or forced to sell his basketball team?
No one is consorting anyone/ and the market IS speaking numnuts, that's my point.
You can walk down the street and yell "all fags are going to hell" but don't expect me to hire you to work in my store. Folks would not be happy about it (and my business would suffer) and you would not be reflecting my own values. Not that you have to agree with me on everything but there are limits. No racists. No fag bashers. etc
Do you get it now?
Son, I think that the comparison befits your intelligence. I don't know the actual words of the men in question but I am willing to guess that they were NOT about HATE instead they were about DISAPPROVAL of homosexuality which your type takes as HATE. Why? everyone must say that your ways are good and such minds underscores the need for psychiatric care, in my opinion.

Now although I don't recall your man's words I believe that people took them as HATEFUL- HATE for blacks. What was also important is that the sport in question is predominantly played by BLACKS and lots of money is at stakes for owners and so one could say that there was a level of self-interest in actions taken against your man.

What is the ethnicity of your man? I believe that knowing that would be useful especially in a country like yours but not for Jamaica as WE meaning Christians, Judaists, Muslims, whites, Jews, blacks etc are NOT like unto the mentally challenge children of your soil.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73381 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Websters - of which I have a hard copy right here - is not on line for free
Take your crusade up with someone who actually uses that term regularly
though from what I have read, it is not an offensive term
stop wasting our time
I see that you like the word crusade, so attend one and give your life to Jesus.

Now getting back to outstanding matters.

What creature is responsible for the urban dictionary?

I am CERTAIN that the "word" was NOT coined by any Christians. I am confident that it MUST be from those who are HOSTILE to Christians.

There are over 2 BILLION Christians and I can tell you that NOT a SINGLE one of them call himself or herself a Xtian.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73382 May 8, 2014
Frijoles---Your private term

HughBe---- How do words come into being, is it with the masses like yourself? NO.

Frijoles----Rest of the world says Jews are Jewish, who follow Judaism

HughBe--- And I say that they are PERFECTLY correct and that JEWS are JEWS even if they don't follow Judaism. It is DECEPTIVE, DISHONEST and in my mind CRIMINAL to equate the Jewish identity to Judaism.

Frijoles---When Websters catches up with you, give us a jangle.

HughBe---- I shall have to STOP and wait. I shall consider it.

I shall leave you with the head start.

Religion is Juda-ism its members are Juda-ists.

Religion is Buddh-ism its members are Buddh-ists

Jews are a FAMILY of people who have descended from a SINGLE man whom God called Israel. They are no more than that in terms of IDENTITY of Jewish IDENTITY.

Any COVENANT relationship that they have with God was made with them ALREADY having that IDENTITY. Now son, I know that it is a nasty habit of yours to TALK and then THINK after but I am telling you this that there is no COURT in ALL the world even in America that would disagree with those self-evident TRUTHS which I have spoken except for in Israel.

How is Israel doing with its spying operations in America?

Are you an agent of the Israeli government?

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73383 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Websters - of which I have a hard copy right here - is not on line for free
Take your crusade up with someone who actually uses that term regularly
though from what I have read, it is not an offensive term
stop wasting our time
Outside of you and people like you I know of NO ONE who calls others Xtian and I also of NO ONE who calls herself Xtian. I know many many Christians. Your approach underscores the EVIL plot against Christians.

It can easily be PROVEN that Christians don't call themselves Xtians.

Do this test now. Ask Shamma ,see him on the Allah thread,if he calls himself Xtian and also ask him if he knows of any Christian who calls himself Xtian.

Do so now, Judaist.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73384 May 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
When Xtian bigots boycott LGBT-friendly businesses, they call it exercising their religious freedom and free speech.
When decent people boycott homophobic businesses, Xtians call it religious persecution.
Oh, the hypocrisy.
A characteristic that I see in ALL Judaists,like yourself, on this forum is DECEPTION and LIES.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73385 May 8, 2014
A= should have been omitted. I started one way and ADDED to the thought.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73386 May 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
Tell your clansman that the dictionary is available.
Eric

Villa Park, IL

#73387 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Now substitute Jews for Christians and Judahists for Xtians.

Location hidden

#73388 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I get via yoru link
"....This word doesn't usually appear in our free dictionary, but the definition from our premium Unabridged Dictionary is offered here on a limited basis. Note that some information is displayed differently in the Unabridged.
To access the complete Unabridged Dictionary, with an additional 300,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary, start a free trial...."
The internet is still a mystery when it wants to....
The important lesson here (for Huggy) is that the word "Xtian" is recognized by Merriam-Webster as an abbreviation for Christian, contrary to Huggy's childish rants.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73389 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He is trying to relabel us Jews as descendants of the Kingdom of Judah (which is true, technically as biblical "israel" was split into 2 territories, and one territory, the north, kind of vaporized after conquest, while the other, the south, is believed by some as to survived in some form)
But what he is really trying to do is de-legitimize the word Jew from Judaism, so he can Christianize the term Jew and/or strictly ethnicize it without any religion. Part of his missionary ideology.
On the other hand, using the term xtian has no stigma or de-legitimize function...
Oh of course. The old "being Jewish has nothing to do with religion" thing.

Otherwise what would he call followers of Judaism?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73390 May 8, 2014
HughBe---Do CHRISTIANS call themselves Xtians? ANSWER.

Cun.----Yes

HughBe--- PROVE it as I know of not even ONE and I am confident that virtually none of them know the "word" Xtian outside of those on forums like this with people like YOU.

HughBe --How many Christians know your Xtians? ANSWER

Cun---Many

HughBe--- You are a COMIC. YOU a Judaist and yet YOU know many such persons and I as A Christian know NOT even ONE.

You are not serious and you are NOT about honesty.

Ask Shamma if he calls himself a Xtian.

Buford was a Christian ask him if he has ever called himself a Xtian

Also ask him if he knows of anyone who does.

Do NOT dodge, Judaist.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73391 May 8, 2014
Eric----I thought A PHYSICS was what you took when you were constipated.

HughBe--- 1. That is why you are a lawyer and not a scientist.
2. There is no such thing as A PHYSICS.
3. Can you tell the difference between your A PHYSICS, physics and PHYSIC?
4. Tell me the differences in 3.

Eric---You are so dunce the joke went way over your head.

HughBe--- Indeed, ALL who understands my words would no doubt agree with you, in your mind. Well said.

Now that you have avoided answering my question once, please give it a try now.

Can you tell the difference between your A PHYSICS, physics and PHYSIC? Tell me the differences in 3.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Jacques Ottawa 207,700
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,348,526
Earning money 1 hr forexspn 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr David 101,439
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr PEllen 7,335
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr PEllen 5,657
How do you find out which Forex pair and time f... 3 hr Tim 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages