Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73355 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Religion is Juda-ism its members are Juda-ists.
Religion is Buddh-ism its members are Buddh-ists.
Your private term

Rest of the world says Jews are Jewish, who follow Judaism

When Websters catches up with you, give us a jangle.

Until then stop wasting our time speaking Hughbe

Location hidden

#73356 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles,
The FOUNDER of Urban Dictionary is Aaron Peckham
Tell me about his background i.e. ethnicity etc.
why should I?

Tell me what you had for dinner last Tuesday.

Just as relevant

Location hidden

#73357 May 8, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So Donald Sterling did nothing wrong? He shouldn't be fined or banded or forced to sell his basketball team?
No one is consorting anyone/ and the market IS speaking numnuts, that's my point.
You can walk down the street and yell "all fags are going to hell" but don't expect me to hire you to work in my store. Folks would not be happy about it (and my business would suffer) and you would not be reflecting my own values. Not that you have to agree with me on everything but there are limits. No racists. No fag bashers. etc
Do you get it now?
The reason Sterling will have to sell his business is because of contractual agreements, not free speech. Free speech is a right to be free of the government. What you privately contract to is your own business.

Location hidden

#73358 May 8, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a reference to Judas?
more like a reference to Huggy's mental state
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73359 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, I won't have to indulge in alcohol, drugs or sex acts to throw off the constant presence of the Higher Force which has brought me great yogic experiences but the force attacks that follow are horrific.
Sex between 2 consenting adults would be ok.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to be in the ordinary consciousness and lead a relaxed life rather than aim for the highest achievements like self-realization or supramentalization and so on and in the absence of a competent guru the going is tougher and so I think it's time I quit for good by refusing to participate in the spontaneous yogic process.
I agree with just bring normal.

Give it a try.

It ain't so bad.

And BTW, normal folks have sex once in a while.

So, if you're trying to be normal, what's the objection now to having sex?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73360 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Websters - of which I have a hard copy right here - is not on line for free....
Yes it is. Merriam-Websters. Springfield Mass. Just drove through there this weekend on the way home from VT.

I used to correspond with the physical sciences editor there back in my technical editing days. Back in the 80s.(I even have a word published and a letter to back up that story!)

Not every word is free online. When you go too deep into stuff (unabridged only type stuff) they ask for $$ But 95% of the words I look up are there.

(And other Websters is a lesser Websters.)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73361 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason Sterling will have to sell his business is because of contractual agreements, not free speech. Free speech is a right to be free of the government. What you privately contract to is your own business.
Yeah I know. That will be the legal hook they hang their case on.

(he's a lawyer, very litigious and will have great lawyers on his side)

But the bottom line he's repugnant to most folks and bad for business.

The players would eventually strike and the advertisers would pull out.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#73362 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when these fickle "free speechers" realize that their speech may be in conflict with the free market....oops
When Xtian bigots boycott LGBT-friendly businesses, they call it exercising their religious freedom and free speech.

When decent people boycott homophobic businesses, Xtians call it religious persecution.

Oh, the hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#73363 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN__-
Do you see Xtians in the Webster's dictionary? YOU are comfortable with the letters being used to describe Christians. Why? Why are you HOSTILE to Christians?
Do YOU understand that your unstable behaviour speaks about your mental health?
Hint: Think about your rejection of a legitimate word Judaists because it is not in the dictionary and your acceptance of a "word" Xtians that is ALSO not in the dictionary.
Why the inconsistency?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xti...

Location hidden

#73364 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Do CHRISTIANS call themselves Xtians? ANSWER.
Yes
HughBe wrote:
How many Christians know your Xtians? ANSWER
Many
HughBe wrote:
I am CERTAIN that the "word" was NOT coined by any Christians.
And you would be CERTAINLY WRONG. Hmmm, I wonder how many other things you are "certain" about, but wrong.
HughBe wrote:
I am confident that it MUST be from those who are HOSTILE to Christians.
Careful. Your Xtian persecution complex is coming through again.
HughBe wrote:

There are over 2 BILLION Christians and I can tell you that NOT a SINGLE one of them call himself or herself a Xtian.
And, once again, wrong.

We can do this all day if you want :-)

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#73365 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that you meant rising COST of living.
rabbee: the standard of living is not increasing, your fiat currency just keeps getting more and more worth less. they call it inflation, when it is really devaluation of currency in just another plague among the many plagues. the same amount of gold, still buys the same amount of daily bread. so therefore fiat currency, is not really money. it is more likened unto, confidence in magic out of thin air.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73366 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
more like a reference to Huggy's mental state
So no particular meaning then?

Just his way of being disrespectful.

Location hidden

#73367 May 8, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So no particular meaning then?
Just his way of being disrespectful.
He is trying to relabel us Jews as descendants of the Kingdom of Judah (which is true, technically as biblical "israel" was split into 2 territories, and one territory, the north, kind of vaporized after conquest, while the other, the south, is believed by some as to survived in some form)

But what he is really trying to do is de-legitimize the word Jew from Judaism, so he can Christianize the term Jew and/or strictly ethnicize it without any religion. Part of his missionary ideology.

On the other hand, using the term xtian has no stigma or de-legitimize function...

Location hidden

#73368 May 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
I get "....To view the definition of xtian, activate your Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary FREE TRIAL now!.."

But this implies the word IS in the online dictionary

poor Hughbe

(by the way - we have pointed this out to him before)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73369 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I get "....To view the definition of xtian, activate your Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary FREE TRIAL now!.."
But this implies the word IS in the online dictionary......
yes but behind the pay wall, as you say
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#73370 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Eric----I thought A PHYSICS was what you took when you were constipated.
HughBe--- 1. That is why you are a lawyer and not a scientist.
2. There is no such thing as A PHYSICS.
3. Can you tell the difference between your A PHYSICS, physics and PHYSIC?
4. Tell me the differences in 3.
You are so dunce the joke went way over your head.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#73371 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, I have been checking out the fellas and have observed that they are having their own way, for now. As soon as the 87% of Americans/ Christians stand up it shall all change.
My recommendations to ALL Christians is that they UNITE and VOTE only for THOSE who share their beliefs on matters of HOMOSEXUALITY and religious freedom.
Note, the THOSE include Christians, Judaists, Hindus, Muslims and ALL those who support FREEDOM of Religion and who embrace the teachings on homosexuality as outlined in the scriptures.
No one who would seek to suppress the free speech of others on their religious beliefs should be supported by any Christian. Anyone who supports the removal of Jesus from fabric of society should NEVER be supported by even ONE Christian.
Now to what comes below. Tell me what has the RELIGIOUS beliefs of the 2 Christians have to do with their jobs?
If they were preaching on the job then I would have no problem with the action taken but that is not the case. What is happening in America is that YOUR freedom is being eroded and you don't even know it.
"HGTV has canceled a pilot hosted by twin brothers with a history of preaching against homosexuality, abortion and divorce following backlash from fans.
“HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers’ series,” the network wrote on its Facebook page Wednesday."
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/hgtv-cancels-pilot-...
What it has to do is that they have become controversial. Their employer doesn't want to have to deal with the aftermath of the controversy. Their employer doesn't want to have to deal with the loss of business after the controversy. It's just like sterling and the NBA.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#73372 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of businesses that seem to cater only to Christians (i.e. Christian book and music stores), and I wish them well.
As I would hope they would wish Judaica shops and Wiccan shops and Yoga stores well.
Doesnt mean either of us has to shop in the other, if we choose not to. But I have nothing against them making a buck among themselves - goddess bless!
(I should note that there are probably much more fundamentalist and Messianic Christians who shop Judaica than vice versa, but ce la vie!)
And there is a slew of Christian broadcasting stations. They can go there and get a job and espouse their hate with impugnity.

Location hidden

#73373 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But this implies the word IS in the online dictionary
poor Hughbe
(by the way - we have pointed this out to him before)
Strange. It works if you access it through Google...

Here - I made it into a tiny URL from the Google URI...

http://tinyurl.com/mw34hg4
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#73374 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Urban dictionary? Are you a material IDIOT? Is that the equivalent of a Webster's dictionary that YOU spoke about?
What is creature is responsible for the urban dictionary?
Do CHRISTIANS call themselves Xtians? ANSWER.
How many Christians know your Xtians? ANSWER
I am CERTAIN that the "word" was NOT coined by any Christians. I am confident that it MUST be from those who are HOSTILE to Christians.
There are over 2 BILLION Christians and I can tell you that NOT a SINGLE one of them call himself or herself a Xtian.
xtian abbreviation, often capitalized

Full Definition of XTIAN

Christian

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xti...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louis trashes the broad. 4 min Was that nice 10
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,661
Paul Weston from 12Tribe Films. 11 min This was a good 1 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Into The Night 60,047
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr OzRitz 1,394,925
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 3 hr Haha 19
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 4 hr WasteWater 39
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 102,457
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages