Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73108 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Murder, rape, kidnapping, and forced labor are all wrong, regardless of the times.
Yes.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#73109 May 5, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US, we have free press as long as it doesnt lead to incitement. That has nothing to do with credibility.
I really wonder how you have succeeded in life so far, lacking any sense of critical cognitive ability. My guess is that your success is relatively modest...
What free press?

You cannot write anything against Jews , they would send you to Jail for Anti Semitism, whatever it means.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73110 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Christians love to feel they are being persecuted. They figure it fulfills biblical prophesy.
No, persecution complex is more a Jewish thing.

With Christians, it has everything to do with the sinner concept - the self-denigration idea which to me is so degrading.

I think it can traced to Jesus who said he'd come to save sinners and to suffer for humankind or something like that.

Which biblical prophesy are you referring to?

Instead of saying that I am a "sinner", I'll rather view myself as an evolving sentient being moving from lower truth to higher truth with the occasional regresses.

We should learn from past mistakes or from the errors of others and make the right moves to avoid trouble as far as possible.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73111 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

It was founded on CHRISTIAN principles:

Murder, theft, slavery and the denial of rights to women.
Did Jesus teach any of these atrocities or are these barbaric instances of inhuman behavior found in the Hebrew Bible?

Please clarify.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73112 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make them gay? No.
My basic point is that men should naturally be attracted to women and women should naturally be attracted to men - this is the natural sexual instinct.
For straight people it is.
Committing adultery is part of the natural sexual instinct, so I assume you are cool with that.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Men being sexually attracted to other men, men/women being sexually attracted to animals, men/women being sexually attracted to water melons, men/women being sexually attracted to 9 year olds or whatever are the abnormal instincts - deviations from the normal.
Being over 6 feet tall is a deviation from the normal. So what?
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Anyway, what's your philosophy of life?
What do you work as?
What's your educational background like?
Which is your favorite holiday spot?
Go to a dating site.

Panorama City, CA

#73113 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus teach any of these atrocities or are these barbaric instances of inhuman behavior found in the Hebrew Bible?
Please clarify.
He didn't have to, they already knew them.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73114 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

For straight people it is.
LOL.

Straight people may turn explorative - rear entry, oral, kama sutra positions, etc, but the act will always be between man and woman.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73115 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Committing adultery is part of the natural sexual instinct, so I assume you are cool with that.

I have not commented on morals whether adultery is right or wrong but now that you've raised the point - well, infidelity is an act of betrayal. It should not be done. Trust in a relationship is very important.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73116 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Being over 6 feet tall is a deviation from the normal. So what?
No, it is not provided the innate instinct where sexual orientation is concerned is normal which should reflect man-woman attraction and not the deviant homosexual attraction.

Panorama City, CA

#73117 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
With Christians, it has everything to do with the sinner concept - the self-denigration idea which to me is so degrading.
I think it can traced to Jesus who said he'd come to save sinners and to suffer for humankind or something like that.
Which biblical prophesy are you referring to?
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73118 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

He didn't have to, they already knew them.
So, Christians have picked up those barbarisms from the Hebrew Bible - yes.

I have not read about Jesus preaching slavery, discrimination against women, murdering babies, cannibalism, blood sacrifices and other evils which are Hebrew specialties that they in turn picked up from the neighboring cultures.

Panorama City, CA

#73119 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not commented on morals whether adultery is right or wrong but now that you've raised the point - well, infidelity is an act of betrayal. It should not be done. Trust in a relationship is very important.
How convenient.
"Instinct" only matters when it backs up your point of view.

Panorama City, CA

#73120 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not provided the innate instinct where sexual orientation is concerned is normal which should reflect man-woman attraction and not the deviant homosexual attraction.
Yes, being over 6 feet tall is a deviation from the normal. Most people are shorter than that. Why does "normal" only matter when it comes to your particular bigotry? What about left handed people? Being left handed isn't normal. Christians used to kill them.

Panorama City, CA

#73121 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Straight people may turn explorative - rear entry, oral, kama sutra positions, etc, but the act will always be between man and woman.
Sex acts between men and women will always be between men and women?
Well, that's a shock.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73122 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12
This teaching is specific and more a warning about what to expect in the sense that it says what a believer in Jesus would have to face in those days when the faith was in its germination stage.

I associate Christianity more with self-denigration (the sinner complex, or the feeling that humans are worthless and polluted and need saving by turning to Christ).

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73123 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, being over 6 feet tall is a deviation from the normal.
Does being over 6 feet tall impair one's critical faculties of cognition and does it affect one's sexual orientation?

I don't think so.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73124 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Sex acts between men and women will always be between men and women?

Well, that's a shock.
A straight man will always be sexually attracted to a woman and not to a male.

This is the normal sexual instinct.

The deviant instinct is when a man is sexually turned on by other men or by animals or by 7 year old kids.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73125 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

What about left handed people? Being left handed isn't normal.
There are quite a few people who're ambidextrous without this trait damaging their intelligence or warping their sexual orientation.

The intelligent question to ask is whether left-handedness impairs one's cognitive faculties or if it affects one's sexual orientation. Obviously, there's no connection.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73126 May 5, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

How convenient.

"Instinct" only matters when it backs up your point of view.
I said that fidelity in a relationship is very important because if trust is eroded due to infidelity then the relationship crumbles and brings with it much acrimony and often results in lasting psychological and emotional distress.

If you wish to safeguard your psychological, emotional, physical and material well being and that of others with who you are connected to then please place a high premium on fidelity and trust in everything that you do whether in business, with friends, with nation or with spouse.

This is the normal behavioral instinct where relationships are concerned.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73127 May 6, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Your clueless about the American political context.

Ever hear about the "War on Christmas", for example?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/fox-news-w...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Realtime 1,406,218
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques in North ... 219,777
What's happening to Berwyn? (Jun '06) 36 min You forgot 558
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 103,170
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,845
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Into The Night 60,670
Cure For Prescription Drug Addiction ! 7 hr Not True 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages