Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
65,641 - 65,660 of 68,923 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a good run-down of the math principles.
Not too many words, I promise!
http://www.mathsisfun.com/associative-commuta...
yep I remember it now....lol

algebra...

Did you ever have to do those stupid proofs for geometry?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yep I remember it now....lol
algebra...
Did you ever have to do those stupid proofs for geometry?
Stupid? Am I in the minority? I actually enjoyed them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid? Am I in the minority? I actually enjoyed them.
Won't comment on that.
oneworld

Den Helder, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Something is certainly getting deep in here!
:))
<quoted text>
So you believe the text is more of historic significance and not
the words of god as taken down by scribes?
Christian= atheist according to the old definition (I take it Frioles reads along), saves a long discussion.

God is defined as life, land and people and a Mutual contract between all parties involved.
Land also: Since Isaiah fi. uses Israel as metaphore and at one point also wife of gd.
Elohim also means judges as well as elders and children of El.
And a phychology that goes from infancy as a symbiotic bond, through adolescent schizoid phases, towards ordinary neurotic to then take the shape of an integrated welrounded being.

We find the religion and history are intermingled.(mono' thus, and gd being all forms)
And unique in a gd sharing the same experiences with all.

Ritual as reliving main events of significance.

Part of the writing is seen as Law instead of gd thus divine in origin.
Which provides authority and when some laws are not understood this is to be interpreted as god as rahmaan-mercy and ultimate justice, who is the only one knowing all aspects of a case, where people might fail.
I at least learn from that to give mercy.
It is the part were principles of law are forwarded.( Eric excels in explaining this.)

For the more esotherical i revert to Frijoles.

But to take at face-value all that scribes wrote down...no.
Doubt and discussion are normal.
Not mindless iteration.

oneworld

Den Helder, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. I thought it was just me.
I have Dutch cousin who is much easier to follow.
You of highest luck, to have Dutch cousin of the easy brain jogging first.

Telegram style.
I see these responses as quickies.(Next time i just use yes and no. Did you by any form of imagination think that a requested exposee on ' the OT' could be dealt with in a few clear sentences?)

My mind is on fideism and nihilism and how to crack Eusebius'authority.*
Since for some reason ' no extant writing 'does not work to remove the fiction apologetics uphold.
And Former, given your upbringing, even atheistic still a yard-stick to measure others by.
As is obvious from using OT for HB, though they are clearly not the same.
---
* I discovered Armenia and it's invented past is a usefull sinkhole, that makes tracking historicity and sources impossible.
---
My conclusion is that god is not important:
If millions of people- an entire political system, countless citizens believing in god - say they are going to kill you, you better listen.

Experience and Law as well as having land and people behind me ,is.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Oneworld-order to Former----I see these responses as QUICKIES.

HughBe---- exciting.

Oneworld-order to Former---And Former, given your upbringing, even atheistic still a yard-stick to measure others by.
As is obvious from using OT for HB, though they are clearly not the same.

HughBe---- Indeed the yardSTICK is not the same but the measurement/YARD is.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you are a racist. These kids are not Asians settled in the US. They are Americans born here. They are Americans educated in American schools. How long do their families have to live here before you remove the stigma and they become just Americans?
Joel----Ok, if you insist on citizenship and not on ethnic background as a criterion.
What I meant is that every year Asians settled in the US represent the US at the IMO, IPhO, IChO etc, whereas Whites are nowhere in the picture.

Eric---So, now you are a racist. These kids are not Asians settled in the US. They are Americans born here. They are Americans educated in American schools. How long do their families have to live here before you remove the stigma and they become just Americans?

Hugh---- Greetings to both of you. Now Eric please help me to understand the discussion by responding to the following---

1. What are you calling stigma?
2. Tell me how long must the families live there to be called "just Americans?
3. Do you call yourself American or you use the stigma of Jewish American?
4. Have you ever used the word African American of this forum? If so why the stigma?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Apu and Huggy have both had a bad wiener or two in their lives.
And some with cheese!
:))
No dear, I do NOT take that thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Hughbe who?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Who remembers age 4 anyhow?
Certainly not someone of your age. look to persons of Joel's age and you shall find many such persons.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
HUGH,
Come out, please.
Don't hide behind wifey's skimpy skirt.
She's got sexy legs, huh.
LOL.
Pretty face yes. Sexy legs no.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, Hugh, is that any way to be talking on the Day of the Resurrection? Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?
Eric---I figured it out...He(Hugh) likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!

HughBe---- Correct Eric but let me complete your thought by adding ---when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.

Now take a look at the completed sentence below.

"He/Hugh likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!" when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.

Eric---Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?

Hugh----My dear Eric, look at the context and understand that it was a joke. That aside I should not be lusting after women that I am not married to but fact is I do. Anyhow I am happy,in a normal way, to learn that you have an intelligent sister--a seed of Israel.

Finally, don't be jealousy you have Frijoles who will tickle you.

Much love, Mon.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
Hughbe who?
Master.

Understand it is Master. and not Master Hughbe.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel----Ok, if you insist on citizenship and not on ethnic background as a criterion.
What I meant is that every year Asians settled in the US represent the US at the IMO, IPhO, IChO etc, whereas Whites are nowhere in the picture.
Eric---So, now you are a racist. These kids are not Asians settled in the US. They are Americans born here. They are Americans educated in American schools. How long do their families have to live here before you remove the stigma and they become just Americans?
Hugh---- Greetings to both of you. Now Eric please help me to understand the discussion by responding to the following---
4. Have you ever used the word African American of this forum? If so why the stigma?

Joel's use of White v. Asian.

About 1 milli-second after being granted resident status.

I have never referred to myself as a Jewish American. Two separate but equal concepts.

I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them. It is my way of respecting their wishes. When they wanted to be called Blacks, I called them Blacks. When they changed to African Americans, I called them African Americans. I respect their wishes.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---I figured it out...He(Hugh) likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!
HughBe---- Correct Eric but let me complete your thought by adding ---when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
"He/Hugh likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!" when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Eric---Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?
Hugh----My dear Eric, look at the context and understand that it was a joke. That aside I should not be lusting after women that I am not married to but fact is I do. Anyhow I am happy,in a normal way, to learn that you have an intelligent sister--a seed of Israel.
Finally, don't be jealousy you have Frijoles who will tickle you.
Much love, Mon.
Lusting over my sister is not a joke. Women deserve better. Especially on a day that they hold holy--The Day of the Resurrection. Keep your mind out of the sewer especially when referring to someone I love.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Eric---Lusting over my sister is not a joke. Women deserve better. Especially on a day that they hold holy--The Day of the Resurrection. Keep your mind out of the sewer especially when referring to someone I love.

Hugh--- As I said before my reference to your sister was a JOKE. Let me explain it to you, there was no lusting after her.

The rest is noted and is useful.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

HughBe wrote:
Eric---Lusting over my sister is not a joke. Women deserve better. Especially on a day that they hold holy--The Day of the Resurrection. Keep your mind out of the sewer especially when referring to someone I love.
Hugh--- As I said before my reference to your sister was a JOKE. Let me explain it to you, there was no lusting after her.
The rest is noted and is useful.
When are men like you going to understand that women are not sex objects? It wasn't a joke because IT WASN'T FUNNY. Women deserve better.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Hugh--- What are you calling stigma?

Eric---Joel's use of White v. Asian.

HughBe--- Are they the same concepts and what is the link to nationality/American?

Hugh--- Tell me how long must the families live there to be called "just Americans?

Eric---About 1 milli-second after being granted resident status.

HughBe--- I see. Useful.

Hugh--- Do you call yourself American or you use the stigma of Jewish American?

ERic---I have never referred to myself as a Jewish American. Two separate but equal concepts.

Hugh--- Asian or Chinese Americans will say that the concepts are separate but equal to them as well. You should OBSERVE how Chinese live in America and I am speaking about Chinese as a group irrespective of religious beliefs.

Hugh-- Have you ever used the word African American of this forum? If so why the stigma?

Eric----I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them.

Hugh--- I see, so why would the African Americans want to call themselves Africans? How long have they left Africa? Is it 100 years ago? Do they know where Africa is?
My last question is based on my understanding of a typical American knowledge of the world.

Eric--- It is my way of respecting their wishes. When they wanted to be called Blacks, I called them Blacks. When they changed to African Americans, I called them African Americans. I respect their wishes

HughBe--- Impressive. Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>When are men like you going to understand that women are not sex objects? It wasn't a joke because IT WASN'T FUNNY. Women deserve better.
Note, your sister was not the focus.Reread it again--see below.

Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Impressive. Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?
I live here. I live in this area of our country. As I mentioned, one of the students went to the same high school where my son graduated. In fact, my son's roommate when he was a sophomore had parents who were born in PRC. They wished to be called Americans. But they honored the culture where they were born, just like other Americans before them honored the culture where they were born and where their families came from.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,099,292
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Obama Is Reckless 49,419
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 177,274
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 48 min newpoly 1,901
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min danetoo 68,338
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 30
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr the wandering girl 4,655
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr j_m_w 97,897
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE