Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,397
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72194 Apr 21, 2014
Many ancient writers of those days have said that the Jews are originally from Kashmir and many modern researchers have arrived at the same conclusion. End.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72195 Apr 21, 2014
Good morning. It's 1:47 am, here. I am going over to the Shamiana, the 24/7 coffee shop in the Taj.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72196 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
WHAT IS HELL?
Hell is not a place with hills, rivers, logs, etc.
Hell is a location in the cosmic vital plane and is a state of consciousness that vibrates at an abnormal rate and produces the most horrifying effects for the disembodied psychics that have made it to this state of consciousness after death on account of perverse karma.
The disembodied psychic, when it enters a state of vibration called hell which is the adverse side of the cosmic vital plane, suffers immensely as it is constantly tortured by unsettling vibes that keep invading it at all times and being out of the body there's no way to divert attention to some other task.
Besides, the psychic in this horrific state is tortured for being unable to fulfill any of its sensual desires.
A foul smell pervades the place with burning sensations and weird forms take shape and dissolve at will.
The suffering in this state of consciousness when out of the body is intense.
A yogi can enter these negative vital planes at will but the risk to his well being/life are great.
As I am typing this piece, a strange sucking vibe with foul odor is circling around me making me uncomfortable.
I'd better stop.
Ok, so NOW Hell exists AGAIN.

In the past you also denied the existence of soul and spirit.

Now you re-claim that the psychic (soul) exists AGAIN.

How can be possible that psychic can suffer? Psychic is not made if matter.

It seems to me that when you were in IIT you were cleaning the toilets or you were the doorman.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72197 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
VATICAN FEARFUL
The Vatican had opposed the exhumation of the grave of Yuz Asaf/Jesus fearing that if proven true it would shatter the fairy tale of a dead Jesus rising into some heaven on the third day. As a result of the immense pressure, the Indian Government halted the excavation and sealed many of the Hebrew artifacts discovered in the tomb of Jesus.
That sound like another of your BS for the following reasons:

1) Vatican has no power to tell to India to not exhumate the grave, because the grave doesn't belong to the Vatican.

2) The Vatican has an open mind. See Shroud of Turin.

3) The Vatican has nothing to fear. At the worst the examination of the grave would prove that the body buried there would belong to a Jew of the 1st century AD. This alone doesn't prove it's the Nazarene.

Even if one has the real body of Yeshua there is no way to prove it's him. DNA has to be compared with something certain.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72198 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
His disciples interred his body in a Jewish style grave in Srinagar.
You must visit the Himalayan towns for the sheer natural beauty.
I rate Bhutan very high on the list of must see places for the natural beauty and the slow pace of life minus the industrialization that we see elsewhere in most parts of the world.
Try and visit the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.
in the Allah thread you claimed Jesus was buried in Spain

Cant keep your story straight I guess

Location hidden

#72199 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainless Idiot,
Who wrote that?
Go and check the inscriptions and the historical record dating back centuries of the grave in Rozabal and then you'll know what is meant.
The Vatican had opposed the exhumation of the grave fearing that if proven true it would shatter the fairy tale of rising into some heaven on the thrived day.
There are many millennia old Hebrew inscriptions discovered in Kashmir and near the grave too.....
traditional burial practices of that period was a hole in the ground with no stone

Headstones and inscriptions came much later, during Middle Ages

In fact, even now, no stone is erected for a full year

I wouldnt expect you to know any of this being that you are too busy being full of sheet

Location hidden

#72200 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Same with Moses and the 10 Commandments?
The other stories in the OT?
The Talmud?
The differences is that i am making so such claim on special powers of others. I am not even making claims of special powers of my own book. Joel, OTOH......

Location hidden

#72201 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainless Idiot,
Who wrote that?
Go and check the inscriptions and the historical record dating back centuries of the grave in Rozabal and then you'll know what is meant.
The Vatican had opposed the exhumation of the grave fearing that if proven true it would shatter the fairy tale of rising into some heaven on the thrived day.
There are many millennia old Hebrew inscriptions discovered in Kashmir and near the grave too.....
I guess you are too poorly educated to know that the dominant language 2000 years ago wasnt Hebrew but Aramaic

pathetic attempt to make sht up, as usual
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72202 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
His disciples interred his body in a Jewish style grave in Srinagar.
You must visit the Himalayan towns for the sheer natural beauty.
I rate Bhutan very high on the list of must see places for the natural beauty and the slow pace of life minus the industrialization that we see elsewhere in most parts of the world.
Try and visit the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.
Yes, I believe you that these scenes beautiful.

But I would be afraid to take any 'pleasure' in their natural beauty, lest you think less of me.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#72203 Apr 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and what, pray tell, is a "Jewish style" grave?
No such thing. back then.
Body dumped in hole. Thats all she wrote.
She?
Arnold

Hicksville, NY

#72204 Apr 21, 2014
why?

Location hidden

#72205 Apr 21, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>She?
&fe ature=kp
Joe

Lafayette, LA

#72207 Apr 21, 2014
Modern Talmudic Judaism is not the religion of the biblical Hebrew people of the Torah. Modern Judaism has not only rejected the Messiah Jesus but they have also rejected God and installed a class of phoney Rabbinical leaders in the place of authentic Levitical leaders.
Jesus chose the Apostles and established His Church and the new Israel and the Jews of the Spirit rather than the Jews of the flesh--Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29.
Modern Rabbinical Judaism was identified by Jesus as the Synagogue of Satan in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9. The modern Jewish people have been deceived by these self-serving Rabbis and Zionist to advance their own agenda rather than the Kingdom of God.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#72208 Apr 21, 2014
Joe wrote:
Modern Talmudic Judaism is not the religion of the biblical Hebrew people of the Torah. Modern Judaism has not only rejected the Messiah Jesus but they have also rejected God and installed a class of phoney Rabbinical leaders in the place of authentic Levitical leaders.
Jesus chose the Apostles and established His Church and the new Israel and the Jews of the Spirit rather than the Jews of the flesh--Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29.
Modern Rabbinical Judaism was identified by Jesus as the Synagogue of Satan in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9. The modern Jewish people have been deceived by these self-serving Rabbis and Zionist to advance their own agenda rather than the Kingdom of God.
Do you realize that less than 30% of Jews follow the Talmud?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72209 Apr 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The differences is that i am making so such claim on special powers of others. I am not even making claims of special powers of my own book. Joel, OTOH......
Meaning that you don't believe your own book(a)?

Noah, Moses etc...If I knew more about it, I could cite more examples.

Perhaps not belief in a literal way, more metaphorical I hear many believers say.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72210 Apr 21, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize that less than 30% of Jews follow the Talmud?
What makes someone Jewish, in the religious sense?

How far can one take it, in terms of marching to his own drummer?

Location hidden

#72211 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps not belief in a literal way, more metaphorical I hear many believers say.
Rick Moss put it perfectly. It may or may not be a fantasy or myth, but it is OUR fantasy or myth. We are not imposing it on others. We are not looking to others to affirm it.

(In comparison to the Indian who is appropriating the Christian story line to support his cultural beliefs).

Location hidden

#72212 Apr 22, 2014
Joe wrote:
Modern Talmudic Judaism is not the religion of the biblical Hebrew people of the Torah. Modern Judaism has not only rejected the Messiah Jesus .....
I dont get why rejecting the authority figure who is cited as the founder of a totally different religion is inherently a bad thing.

Location hidden

#72213 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
...and by the way, I don't "believe" in my book any more than I "believe" in God. Rather, I experience the book (and God). I have a relationship to the book (and God). Its a second person situation not a third person situation. I dont look towards Western Philosophy to frame my religious outlook.

But we have been down that road before, I believe.

Location hidden

#72214 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes someone Jewish, in the religious sense?
How far can one take it, in terms of marching to his own drummer?
Judaism is a communal religion - therefore there are organized movements. Most localities in the US have their own Board of Rabbis which more or less define the acceptable standards by default. They dont have to accept each other - but they get along enough to function together to set communal standards for things such as Kosher certification, social work, educational opportunities, and burial. Usually the movements represented include the Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist.

Obviously there are gazillians of unaffiliated Jews as well - but at the end, it is a tribal religion therefore participation in a synagogues from one of those movements is really necessary to practice of the religion.

Within and between those movements there is a great diversity of "belief" regarding the status and authenticity of scripture. Basically as long as you dont follow Jesus, and as long as you are not a practicing polytheist, you can probably find a niche somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min EasyEed 1,110,806
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min OzRitz 46,698
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min mahz 49,851
OnePotChefShow 1 hr Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr andet1987 1,280
Amy 9-18 4 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago