Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72045 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72085 Apr 21, 2014
Some Tibetan monks affiliated to the Dalai Lama are aces at remote viewing.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72086 Apr 21, 2014
I believe Sigmund Freud wrote extensively on telepathy which I guess is because he'd himself indulged in telepathic experiments with certain subjects.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72087 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing like an altered state of consciousness.
An altered state of consciousness would mean that the ordinary state of consciousness has been twisted by some means which is not the case during yogic states.
Even under the influence of psychoactive drugs or under hypnosis the inferior and outwardly projected frontal consciousness which is an admixture of mental, emotional and physical impulses gets aroused by vibrating at a higher rate than the frontal consciousness and comes into direct contact with the subconscious, understand this much?
Now, there exists in the the being a gradation of degrees (or ascending states) of consciousness which can be accessed when the organizing consciousness-force principle in the being called the psychic consciousness awakens due to yogic discipline and enters into trance (of which there incidentally exist 200 or more varieties) and ascends degree by degree to the higher planes under the influence of certain activated mantras or by deep meditation on certain force centers in the CNS or by meditating on those force centers that lie above the head.....
I am well acquainted with the effects of the evil weed.

But I don't later quote "revelations" under its affect as fact or truth.

Do you know what illusions or hallucinations are? Distortions of thought and/or the senses.

The more beers you drink, the prettier the girl at the bar gets.

But in the morning, reality returns. Ouch.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72088 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
We had yak dumplings at a Tibetan restaurant a few weeks back. Not bad.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72089 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

We were with my wife's family.

All are well.

Mommy is doing very well and was with brother and sister.

Thank you.

I believe you said you had no special plans for Easter but it was a good weekend anyway.

Do you have weekends in your strange land?
Good.

For me everyday is a holiday.

The working class people back here have the weekend off.

Why should I have special plans for Easter since I'm not impressed by Jesus' mediocre yogic feat of entering into deep trance with or without OBE that made the naive onlookers think he was "dead" and then on the 3rd day he came out of the deep trance and entered back into the waking consciousness which once again convinced the ignorant witnesses that he'd arisen from the dead ("resurrection").

These are common yogic practices. Nothing special about them.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72090 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want direct evidence of the higher phenomena and of the subtler states, enter into the yogic discipline and if you have some inner capacity you will get some direct evidence of the higher planes and a direct vision of past and of future events to the extent that your awakened inner capacity permits.
Instead of simply denying things like a fool who cannot even follow simple logic why not experiment with the yogic discipline and find out for yourself, understand this much?
You are in for a big shock after death when you discover that death is simply a passage from the embodied state of consciousness to a disembodied state.
You are in for absolutely nothing after death as the lights will go out. End of story. Good-bye Apu. Nice knowing you.

Oh and, "Thank you, come again!"

LOL!!!!!!!!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72091 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you know what illusions or hallucinations are?

Distortions of thought and/or the senses.

No, no, nothing of that sort.

The mechanism at work is quite different and not what you think it is......

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72092 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

We had yak dumplings at a Tibetan restaurant a few weeks back. Not bad.
I see.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72093 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
You're not intelligent.
The correct word to use is "regulate" since it is the indwelling conscious will that does the task of regulating the senses, understand now? LOL
You revert back to being a little bitch so quickly.

And I was your loving uncle whom you were going to wine and dine in your local village.

So fickle.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72094 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Cool - next time my channel changer seizes up I know who to call

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72095 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

You are in for absolutely nothing after death as the lights will go out. End of story. Good-bye Apu.

Nice knowing you.

Oh and, "Thank you, come again!"

LOL!!!!!!!!
I am telling you again that you're in for a nasty shock after you die when your consciousness-energy field exits the body......

Till then you may continue with your idea.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72096 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

And I was your loving uncle whom you were going to wine and dine in your local village.

So fickle.
You should be grateful that I picked a riff raff like you to be my loving uncle.

:)

Location hidden

#72097 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So fickle.
Is it true that gay men are often fickle, judgmental, and superficial?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Location hidden

#72098 Apr 21, 2014
In other news.....

Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/04/20/kra...
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72099 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
For me everyday is a holiday.
The working class people back here have the weekend off.
Why should I have special plans for Easter since I'm not impressed by Jesus' mediocre yogic feat of entering into deep trance with or without OBE that made the naive onlookers think he was "dead" and then on the 3rd day he came out of the deep trance and entered back into the waking consciousness which once again convinced the ignorant witnesses that he'd arisen from the dead ("resurrection").
These are common yogic practices. Nothing special about them.
The difference between you (one who thinks he can light up a room by sitting in a funny position) and me (a rational human being), is that you think there actually was a Jesus who did something approximating what was written in the good book.

Was he like the David Blaine of his time? Or more like a David Copperfield?

Never said you should have special holiday plans.

We had leftover pasta last night (from our trip) and watched "Saving Mr. Banks." Enjoyable and interesting movie. About the clashes between Walt Disney and the author of Mary Poppins.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72100 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

one who thinks he can light up a room by sitting in a funny position
You're really displaying more of your brainless riff raff nature, dear Uncle :)

1) When did I ever say that I can light up a room?

All I said was that during a yogic experience involving the dynamic descent into my body of the higher consciounsess-force that there appears a radiance of golden color on my body that can be seen by anyone but this radiance is not intense to light up a room.

Even now that I am sitting here typing this reply there's a golden shine all over my body since there's a small descent underway which is ongoing since a couple of days.

2) When did I ever say that I sit in a yogic posture?

I never meditate and most of my yogic experiences from age 4 are of a spontaneous nature.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72101 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

you think there actually was a Jesus who did something approximating what was written in the good book.
Yes, Jesus existed - so many people cannot just fabricate such popular stories about a man which can endure so long.

For that matter, no one can prove that Arnold Jackson's great great great great great great grandfather was actually named Peter Jackson and that he was the son of Henry Jackson and so on.

See, in these matters, it is a sign of average intelligence not to question the historicity of a person of remote times but to simply analyze his teachings and to inquire into the good or the bad that exist in it - understand now or should i simply it further for you?

BTW, Jesus' Jewish grave is in Rozabal in Srinagar and his mother's tomb is in a place called Muree in the hills of Pakistan.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72102 Apr 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Was he like the David Blaine of his time? Or more like a David Copperfield?
Jesus was not a magician but an occultist who knew about the subtle energy fields that underlie the field of gross energy and he knew through his occult training how to manipulate these subtle energy fields and how to make them impact gross material phenomena.

Location hidden

#72103 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
2) When did I ever say that I sit in a yogic posture?
I never meditate and most of my yogic experiences from age 4 are of a spontaneous nature.
Liar Liar

On the Allah thread you used to post moment by moment your routines such as Sandalwood baths and meditation in the early hours of the morning...

Location hidden

#72104 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, Jesus' Jewish grave is in Rozabal in Srinagar and his mother's tomb is in a place called Muree in the hills of Pakistan.
Where is his Christian grave?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,658,848
last post wins! (Apr '13) 16 min honeymylove 2,680
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 26 min honeymylove 11,593
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Hah_ 243,096
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr honeymylove 1,017
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 5 hr Tea Party Problem 105
Steal from Poor to pay the Rich 5 hr Tea Party Problem 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages