Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72000 Apr 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles -- "George Washington Carver reputedly discovered three hundred uses for peanuts..."They also credit him possibly for the proliferation of peanut butter...
Also,"....Jamaican Peanut porridge is a delicious breakfast treat. It is a favorite of vegetarians because it is high in protein..........
Eric---I figured it out...He likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!
HughBe---- Correct Eric but let me complete your thought by adding ---when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Now take a look at the complete sentence below.
"He/Hugh likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!" when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Now Eric, have I not repeatedly told you that I am not like you and Frijoles? YES. So, please remember and understand it now. Thank you.
Pretty lame even for you, Hugh.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72001 Apr 20, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty lame even for you, Hugh.
By the way, Hugh, is that any way to be talking on the Day of the Resurrection? Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72002 Apr 20, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, Hugh, is that any way to be talking on the Day of the Resurrection? Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?
Maybe he struck out at the annual Easter egg hunt...
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72003 Apr 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he struck out at the annual Easter egg hunt...
Those guys are too old for him

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72004 Apr 20, 2014
The grand aim is perfection. Perfection is the highest freedom. Life is all about taking the first few steps towards perfection. It takes numerous lifetimes to achieve the state of perfection. Begin now.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72005 Apr 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Of course no one can be in a state of bless the time.
I think you meant BLISS, right?

Ordinary human beings, including the Hebrew patriarchs, G-d of the Tanach, Jesus, Krishna, Buddha and other well known characters, cannot experience the state of Bliss which is way beyond their reach.

The Hebrew patriarchs, their G-d and Jesus reached up to the cosmic vital planes which are the 3rd and the 4th planes in the cosmic hierarchy.

Buddha could reach to the 6th cosmic plane - the Higher Mind.

Krishna was in direct touch with the 9th to 12th cosmic planes of the Overmind.

The 13th to the 16th cosmic planes are the supramental planes.

The state of Bliss begins from the 17th plane of cosmic consciousness and stretches all the way to the 21st plane or so.

Only the most advanced yogis can reach up to the 17th plane and proceed beyond via nirvikalpa samadhi (a kind of very deep state of absorption)

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72006 Apr 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I choose to find out for myself.
Good. Make a beginning.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72007 Apr 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be one's goal.
Correct.

To attain to the highest perfection takes numerous lifetimes.

It is the highest aim that one can aspire to and takes numerous lifetimes to even partially attain to.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72008 Apr 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

".......... the goal of each person's life also ought to be the same.........."

Excuse me!
What I mean is that everyone arises from the same source thus to make our way back to the common source should be the common aim of everyone.

Most forget this common aim and live in a sort of Maya that envelops the consciousness and as such the deluded ones meander far away from the straight path leading back to the source and suffer a lot during the meanderings over numerous rounds of existence until in one particular round of existence their eyes open out and then they begin the long and arduous journey back home (to the source) that will take many more rounds of existence to accomplish.

Since all of us are manifested holons of say X (the source), thus shouldn't all the manifested holons realize their full potential upon which they once again become one with their common source after abolishing the subject-object divide imposed on us so long as we remain in the ignorance?

Yes, the aim of each and every one is to realize his core existence which makes him merge and become one with his source after the full self-realization.

It is simply retracing the path back to the source from which we have been manifested.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72009 Apr 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Cannot a beautiful sunset bring one pleasure?
Yes, one experiences a sense of wonder tinged with simple happiness at the sight of a grand sunset.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72010 Apr 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

The corollary to your statement would be that sadness, or a lack of pleasure is noble, positive, selfless, virtuous.

Is this true, in your mind?
You've not understood my posts.

I said rise above the dualisms by attaining to the nondual state of consciousness in which there's neither subject nor object but simply one existence.

As long as one is trapped within the dualisms one is subjected to all the ups and downs of life over numerous lifetimes and knows not the way out of the mess with serious consequences to the well-being of the psychic and so on....

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72011 Apr 20, 2014
THE STATUS/ACHIEVEMENTS OF WELL-KNOWN FIGURES

1) The seat of the Hebrew patriarchs, their G-d (HaShem) and Jesus are the 3rd and the 4th planes in the cosmic hierarchy - the Vital Planes.

2) Buddha could reach up to the 6th cosmic plane - the Higher Mind.

3) Krishna was in direct touch with the 9th to 12th cosmic planes - the Overmind.

4) The 13th to the 16th cosmic planes are the supramental planes - reserved for the advanced yogis.

5) The state of Bliss begins from the 17th plane of cosmic consciousness and stretches all the way to the 21st plane or so. Only the most advanced yogis can reach up to the 17th plane and proceed beyond via nirvikalpa samadhi (a kind of very deep state of absorption).
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72012 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
THE STATUS/ACHIEVEMENTS OF WELL-KNOWN FIGURES
1) The seat of the Hebrew patriarchs, their G-d (HaShem) and Jesus are the 3rd and the 4th planes in the cosmic hierarchy - the Vital Planes.
2) Buddha could reach up to the 6th cosmic plane - the Higher Mind.
3) Krishna was in direct touch with the 9th to 12th cosmic planes - the Overmind.
4) The 13th to the 16th cosmic planes are the supramental planes - reserved for the advanced yogis.
5) The state of Bliss begins from the 17th plane of cosmic consciousness and stretches all the way to the 21st plane or so. Only the most advanced yogis can reach up to the 17th plane and proceed beyond via nirvikalpa samadhi (a kind of very deep state of absorption).
And, why are you stuck on the 1st plane?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72013 Apr 20, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

And, why are you stuck on the 1st plane?
Too many disturbances in my life otherwise by now I'd have consciously made it to the 5th plane (the Cosmic Mind) while living in the body at the least.

However, at times, I keep getting short-lived direct experiences of some very high planes of consciousness like the higher mind (6th plane), illumined mind (7th), intuition mind (8th), overmind (9th to 12th) and on a couple of occasions of the supermind (13th to 16th) descended into the overmind.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72014 Apr 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many disturbances in my life otherwise by now I'd have consciously made it to the 5th plane (the Cosmic Mind) while living in the body at the least.
However, at times, I keep getting short-lived direct experiences of some very high planes of consciousness like the higher mind (6th plane), illumined mind (7th), intuition mind (8th), overmind (9th to 12th) and on a couple of occasions of the supermind (13th to 16th) descended into the overmind.
Why don't you just keep on trying to master the first plane and don't concern the rest of us. You have enough on your plate solving your own issues.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72015 Apr 20, 2014
JESUS' RESURRECTION AND RAISING LAZARUS FROM THE DEAD:

While Jesus' so-called death on the cross and his so-called resurrection on the third day can easily be explained by cessation of deep trance with/without OBE, the same explanation of deep trance, cessation of trance with or without OBE cannot be used to explain the raising of Lazarus by Jesus from the dead.

So, how do we explain the case of Lazarus being raised from the dead?

Lazarus was a man living in the ordinary state, while Jesus was a yogi with mastery of the vital planes (3rd and 4th planes) whose power (of the third and fourth planes) he could infuse at will into the lower planes of the subtle physical (2nd plane) and gross physical (1st plane).
On death, the surface forces related to the body's electrical field escape leaving the body clinically dead. However, the subtler ranges of the indwelling consciousness-force such as the human equivalents of the subtle physical (2nd plane), lower vital(3rd plane), higher vital (4th plane) and mind (5th plane) attached to the organizing consciousness (psychic) remain within the corpse for 7 days and then only lift off organized around the psychic.

This yogic insight provides us with the clue about Lazarus' resurrection.

Jesus drew back the escaped bio-electrical field from Lazarus' body on the 4th day which in all probability was hovering over his dead body or infused a new electrical field into Lazarus' body using his yogic powers and awoke him from the dead in this manner.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72017 Apr 20, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Why don't you just keep on trying to master the first plane and don't concern the rest of us. You have enough on your plate solving your own issues.
LOL.

Being a crude demon worshipper, you know nothing about the yogic experiences and how they relate to the physical.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72018 Apr 20, 2014
Mastery of a lower plane comes with its full exploration and by the process of the descent of the higher force into that plane. Until this happens, one can get repeated yogic experiences of any plane with a few benefits impacting the awakened consciousness due to it.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72019 Apr 20, 2014
Bernie_Boy wrote:
Joel Cool:

Happy Easter Dude.

You should consider writing books .
Hi,

How're you?

How do you relate to reality?

Best Regards.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72020 Apr 20, 2014
"The aim of my work in water conservation/afforestation in this semi-arid area is to bring more consciousness into matter."

- Dr Aviram Rozin, ex-Jew, Founder of Sadhana Forest in Auroville, India.

(Auroville is the international township founded by the Mother, the ex-Jew, who was the spiritual collaborator of Sri Aurobindo)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Woj_Cebu 216,582
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Into The Night 60,029
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,394,707
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 4 hr Fa-Foxy 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi... 1,660
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr GEORGIA 2,681
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr Retired SOF 2,130
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages