Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
64,961 - 64,980 of 68,954 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71801 Apr 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I dont think one needs any advanced math skills to do accounting. Economic forecasting, maybe, but not accounting. What you need is focus - the ability to derive pleasure from a table or column of numbers. Its a relationship preference, more than anything else.
I took 2 semesters, back when I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up, just like now!

And I recall it as arithmetic and knowing what column and form to put the numbers into.

My old man did international finance and told me that accountants and auditors didn't make as much money or get as much respect or responsibility.(If you're a partner in an acct'g firm you can do well but there aren't too many of them.)

I do kind of enjoy making everything add up and work out but it's basically bean counting.

A good friend of mine from HS - who was a pot dealer with a lot of money - became a CPA and makes a lot of money doing peoples' taxes.(he said he didn't have the personality to go the partner route - politics, just like with lawyers)

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71802 Apr 17, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel tries to portray his schools as the toughest one in the world where only a very few percentage of people can pass.
Hi BRAINLESS DUNCE,

You couldn't answer that Grade 7 question in arithmetic on the number of chocolates.

Try clearing the IIT JEE or the GATE or the CSIR UGC or the BARC entrances or the IIM-A CAT and others.

You'll fail all these entrances since you're a born dunce.

LOL.

Location hidden

#71804 Apr 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I understand your need to maintain a facade of ethnic pride when somebody from the outside critiques one of your country's venerable institutions
LOL.

You mean national pride.

Well, in most of my posts over the years, I have been the severest critic of India on all fronts and yet I am blamed for siding with India.

I praise the India entrance exams in engineering, science, finance and management since the exam papers are among the toughest if not the most difficult in the world.

After clearing these extremely difficult entrance exams in India, is it any wonder that many Indian students are topping their courses at the grad school level in the West and that 13 Indians schooled primarily in India are at present the CEOs of 13 reputed global companies and that Indians are a big force in the R & D scene or in Silicon Valley in the US.

Location hidden

#71805 Apr 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

You seem a little out-of-balance with the universe today.

Perhaps gainful employment would give you less time to fret about things.

You know how gas will fill the available space? I think this is what happens with your constant stream of concerns and worries.

What say you to this?

Or you can go volunteer at the local nursing home.

Old folks might find you comforting. Like a pet.
Hello Uncle Former,

Howdy?

How're Easter preparations going?

I think tomorrow's Good Friday, so what're your thoughts about this day?

Location hidden

#71806 Apr 17, 2014
TOUGH ENTRANCES IN ASIA

The entrance exam scene in India, and in Asia, is, on the whole, highly competitive and the questions asked at these national level entrances are of a very high order.

In India, entrance exams like the IIT JEE, GATE, CSIR UGC, the BARC School of Sciences, TIFR, the IIM-A CAT and others are extremely difficult and most students anywhere in the world would fail these tough entrances.

Elsewhere in Asia, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Taiwan and China also have challenging entrance exams to top university courses in Science, Tech, Math, Architecture, Management and Medicine.

Location hidden

#71807 Apr 17, 2014
Where's HUGH?

Location hidden

#71808 Apr 17, 2014
I wonder why the Christians call the day their prophet (Jesus) was hung on the cross GOOD FRIDAY when it should have been more appropriately named SAD FRIDAY or BAD FRIDAY. LOL.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#71809 Apr 17, 2014
What with all the stray dogs and people dying from rabies in India?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71810 Apr 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
You mean national pride.
Well, in most of my posts over the years, I have been the severest critic of India on all fronts and yet I am blamed for siding with India.
I praise the India entrance exams in engineering, science, finance and management since the exam papers are among the toughest if not the most difficult in the world.
After clearing these extremely difficult entrance exams in India, is it any wonder that many Indian students are topping their courses at the grad school level in the West and that 13 Indians schooled primarily in India are at present the CEOs of 13 reputed global companies and that Indians are a big force in the R & D scene or in Silicon Valley in the US.
Actually, it appears I debunked that, with the assistance of your media

You know the reason there are so many foreign students in US grad schools? Not because they are brilliant but because the slots are open, and the schools look for ways to fill them. For worse, many grad school programs are not sexy to us Americans. Its a problem for sure, but its no reflection on the brilliance of the people who step in to fill the niche. Plus, in many cases, the schools get higher fees from the international students.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71811 Apr 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I took 2 semesters, back when I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up, just like now!
And I recall it as arithmetic and knowing what column and form to put the numbers into.
My old man did international finance and told me that accountants and auditors didn't make as much money or get as much respect or responsibility.(If you're a partner in an acct'g firm you can do well but there aren't too many of them.)
I do kind of enjoy making everything add up and work out but it's basically bean counting.
A good friend of mine from HS - who was a pot dealer with a lot of money - became a CPA and makes a lot of money doing peoples' taxes.(he said he didn't have the personality to go the partner route - politics, just like with lawyers)
Back when I was little, I was told that for those with an interest in math, the field to go into wasnt accounting but to be an actuary.

Location hidden

#71813 Apr 17, 2014
White Americans have fallen far behind in academics and are increasingly being pushed out of the limelight by talented Asian students in the US at all levels of education beginning from grade school and going all the way to grad school. In international assessments of skills in Math, science and language, US students rank very low year after year, while Asian countries are at the top with, if I am not mistaken, Finland being one of the few Western nations whose students do exceedingly well in these aptitude tests. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71814 Apr 17, 2014
FRIJOLES: You know the reason there are so many foreign students in US grad schools?

Not because they are brilliant but because the slots are open, and the schools look for ways to fill them.

JOEL: Jealous man with a huge inferiority complex,

Let's talk about the grad school level later where Asian students are at the top.

How do you explain the extremely high rate of Asian students in the US topping at Grade School and at High School and at the Undergrad levels as well?

I hope American Whites are not dropping out of Grade school or high school or undergrad courses like they're dropping out from grad school education. LOL.

Asian students in the US are at the top even in Grade School, High School and undergrad courses.

How do you explain the hard facts of Asians topping Intel Science Contests and Spelling Bees in the US?

Besides, since many years a majority of the US team members to the International Math Olympiad, International Physics Olympiad, International Chemistry Olympiads and other international Olympiads are Asian students.

So, Asian students are at the top at all levels of education in the US.

LMFAO

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71815 Apr 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite all-time meal:
A nice veal parmesan; side of pasta; garlic bread; gorgonzola salad with a nice bottle of chianti. Finish it off with some nice rum cake or cannoli or something else good for dessert.
The main point here being the chianti.
It sounds Tuscany is your place to go.

Location hidden

#71816 Apr 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny - I totally agree with you in retrospect...but when I read all the blather about the strictness of his schools, I usually envision some strict classroom where no interaction is allowed other than an overbearing colonial lord lecturing over the desperate peasants. It never occurred to me that he was actually BRAGGING.
LOL

Location hidden

#71817 Apr 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny - I totally agree with you in retrospect...but when I read all the blather about the strictness of his schools, I usually envision some strict classroom where no interaction is allowed other than an overbearing colonial lord lecturing over the desperate peasants. It never occurred to me that he was actually BRAGGING.
That is what he has always been doing... Bragging and exaggerating in order to impress his audience.

Some examples:

Sri Aurobindo was recorded to speak English with a strong Indian accent, but according to him he spoke Brit English.

His ex-master was omnipotent and omniscient but yet he failed so many times to guess the Armaggedon.

Sometimes he described his Taj hotels as something super luxury, but in the other thread me and some others after seeing the pictures of his 5 star hotel, had the impression to see 4 star hotel. It was pretty disappointing.

Location hidden

#71818 Apr 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
TOUGH ENTRANCES IN ASIA
In India, entrance exams like the IIT JEE, GATE, CSIR UGC, the BARC School of Sciences, TIFR, the IIM-A CAT and others are extremely difficult and most students anywhere in the world would fail these tough entrances.
One would assume that your univeristy would rank among the top 5 or 10 best university of the world but... What's the point for your university to have the toughest entrance exams in the world,(assuming you're saying the truth) if then your university does NOT even rank among the top HUNDRED best university in the world?

That's ridiculous to say the least.

What a waste of energy.

Don't bother.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#71819 Apr 17, 2014
FRijoles---I see nothing ever changes here
Chag sameach

HughBe--- As is expected, one mule brays and you the other one follows. Now attend to the post below.

Former---The NEWS says they are STILL "gathering information" on whether this is HATE crime.

Frijoles---Yep, the guy HATED Jews, but managed to kill 2 Christians (and 1 Jew).

HughBe---- Clearly based on your words and that of Former you have GATHERED more information than the police. Share the information with them and with us.

Also, the person killed 2 Christians and 1 Jew and based on that in your mind he HATES Jews but has NO hate for Christians?

Was the Jew a Christian and if yes that would make it 3 Christians.

Was the Jew a Buddhist or a secular person?

If the Jew was secular then based on your argument the person killed the Jew because of his RACE and not religious affiliation to Judaism or otherwise.

Finally, share your typically intelligent reason for NOT ascribing hate to the person for killing the 2 Christians. Were the Christians white, brown, black or what?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71820 Apr 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Uncle Former,
Howdy?
How're Easter preparations going?
I think tomorrow's Good Friday, so what're your thoughts about this day?
Good Friday is one of those semi-holidays.

No work for my wife.

But there is mail delivery/

But local town offices are closed.

So go figure.

We are heading to the in-laws for Easter weekend.

How about you?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71821 Apr 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I wonder why the Christians call the day their prophet (Jesus) was hung on the cross GOOD FRIDAY when it should have been more appropriately named SAD FRIDAY or BAD FRIDAY. LOL.
Etymology[edit]

The etymology of the term "good" in the context of Good Friday is contested. Some sources claim it is from the senses pious, holy of the word "good",[10] while others contend that it is a corruption of "God Friday".[11]
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#71822 Apr 17, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Take a class on logic. Study "or" statements. And we'll talk. All I know is that you called me possessed, and I hadn't communicated with you for 4 months. I was just wishing someone else holiday greetings. You didn't even give me a chance to speak with you before the insult. I am right, "Nothing has changed."
Eric---ALL I know is that you called me possessed

HughBe--- The word DEFICIENT captures your ALL.

As challenging as it appears to you get someone with intelligence in your circle to explain my words which come next.

1.YOU have said that OR means "Either one thought, the other thought or both thoughts are true" and yet YOU have FAILED, as usual, to understand that your own definition has 3 possibilities. Now being who you are you have chosen the ONE possibility that fits your unclean agenda and have ignored the other TWO.

2.YOU have failed to explain or give the TRUE meaning of my OR.

3. The following are my words that you have tried to twist in order to LIE and be yourself.

Are you the Eric that I once had a pleasurable relationship with for a number of years OR (speaks to choice)are you still the more recent(ly) possessed Eric?
I welcome back the Eric of old.

PS: it has been 4 months and yet you have not missed a beat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Learn to Read 177,353
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min mahz 49,464
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min voice of peace 68,353
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 59 min newpoly 1,903
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,099,857
The monkey in the room 1 hr hands on AR 2
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 4 hr Mr Michael 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••