Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Jun 21, 2008 Read more: Newsday 71,942
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Read more

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71758 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

But yes, I am very easy going and like to talk and joke around.
It's evident.

Location hidden

#71759 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Can we got to a go-go bar/strip joint/gentlemen's club? The less gentlemanly though, the better. In my experience anyway.
I don't frequent such places.

Location hidden

#71760 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I have seen some of the Bollywood actresses and Indian women can be quite beautiful.
Bollywood stars Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai and a few others look gorgeous and in quite a few instances females who're not film stars look even better than the Bollywood actresses.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71761 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a regular viewer but have seen the show.
The guy accepts food challenges and the ones I saw he won.
He can eat an incredible amount of food. Perhaps mind over matter.
Check this out - guess he had enough:
Retirement[edit]
On January 27, 2012 Richman announced his retirement from food challenges.[23] No exact reason was given as to why Richman retired, other than moving on and wishing his audience farewell. Explaining the show's re-tooling to become Man V. Food Nation, Scripps Networks chairman Ken Lowe cited concerns over ensuring Adam Richman's health if the show had continued in its previous format.[24]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_v._Food#Reti...
"No exact reason was given as to why Richman retired, other than moving on and wishing his audience farewell"

Seeing that man eating that delicious but junk food I won't be surprised if he got diabete or something along that line.

Location hidden

#71762 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you done with Joel?
Whoever you are, you are writing the opposite of Joel.
I think "crass materialism" are his middle names.
Don't forget he's lunatic.

Location hidden

#71763 Apr 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
ILLITERATE INDIAN WINE BIBBERS
Few Indians sip wine (though the trend is catching on in the metros) and most of those who imbibe wines wouldn't know the difference between a cabernet and a suvignon, a dry wine and a non-dry wine and a sparkling wine and a fortified wine and they'd be hard-pressed to know which wine glasses should be used to serve the different types of wines. Most wouldn't know that a wine waiter is called a vin sommelier.
While a teetotaler knows the difference between them, right?

Anyone who drink wine on regular basis can tell the different taste between the different kind wines whether they are sauvignon, cabernet, shiraz, dry, sparkling etc

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71765 Apr 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Say in the 1990s or in the early 2000s the pass rate was around 1 % or a bit more. Then the entrance exams standards were lowered after a huge outcry and due to advice given by the finance ministry and so the pass rate went up to 3 % to 4% but now it is falling to around 3% which is still very low.
Only those students with a commerce background sit for the CA entrances.
The IIT JEE, IAS, CSIR UGC, TIFR entrance, ISI entrance and BARC entrance exams are much tougher than the CA entrance exam
Sounds to me that the problem is not the exam or the profession, but the low quality of your educational system to prepare the students...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/educa...

".....Kirti Agrawal, secretary of the Nagpur branch of the western region of ICAI, said, "CA is one of the toughest exams. The dummy article-ship, sheer reading without understanding to get through the exams, over dependence on private coaching with lack of practical approach to solutions, have scaled down the results. Students need to focus on how to learn and acquire knowledge rather than just clearing the exam."

Location hidden

#71766 Apr 16, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds to me that the problem is not the exam or the profession, but the low quality of your educational system to prepare the students...
Hey Jealous Idiot,

You were unable to solve a Grade 7 question in Math.

As for clearing the IIT JEE or any other elite entrance exams in India, well, you'll fail the preliminary round.

Now, go back to your toilet cleaning job, ok?

LOL.

Location hidden

#71767 Apr 16, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Anyone who drink wine on regular basis can tell the different taste between the different kind wines whether they are sauvignon, cabernet, shiraz, dry, sparkling etc
Would drinking a wine tell an untutored person about the type of grapes, fermentation process, alcohol content, age of the wine notes, etc?

Back here the people struggle with common pronunciations and so it would only be with an effort that they'd even get the pronunciation correct. Forget about knowing about wine glasses, how to hold one, how to know which accompaniments best suit a particular wine and so on.

Location hidden

#71769 Apr 16, 2014
everybody wrote:
anybody who mistreats the Jewish people or any other race of people trust me karma will surely get you
Would you say that the HOLOCAUST was due to the collective perverse karma of the Jews that got millions of them killed with many millions more suffering great miseries including getting displaced from home and land?

What do you know about Karma (the causal laws) at work at the level of the human consciousness?

I am asking you this question since Jewish scriptures don't deal with such profound subjects and G-d's judgment is supposed to be everything.

Karma works best in the absence of the personal G-d and has layers of meanings and covers many deep fundamentals about the nature of consciousness and its workings.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71770 Apr 16, 2014
FRIJOLES: The problem is not the exam or the profession, but the low quality of your educational system to prepare the students...

JOEL: The CA entrance exam conducted as a tiered exam is very difficult and few in the US would clear it.

Eric would certainly fail the CA entrance if he really is an attorney.

The CA question paper setters take questions from company finance sheets and further twist the questions which makes them all the more difficult.

Being from a science background, I don't know much about the CA exam since only commerce students prepare for it but the questions set and the correction standards are extremely high. Just a handful from the US would clear the exam.

The MBA entrance exams too are very difficult and the questions extremely tricky.

The successful CA entrants and MBA grads from elite schools are in great demand in the US, UK, Germany on account of the high standards.

The entrance exam to the famed Indian Institute of Management - A is so difficult that only engineering grads or those from Math backgrounds clear the exam.

A huge chunk of IIT grads get into IIM-A each year.

A record 13 Indians are CEOs of reputed global companies and many Indians are Deans of prestigious universities (including Harvard) in the West.

Well, you go back to answering Grade 7 questions in Math and Science.

Do you really have a PhD in a scientific discipline, MR DUNCE?

Now, if an idiot like you who's incapable of answering junior high school level questions in Math/Science can acquire a PhD in a scientific discipline then well it speaks volumes about the low academic standards at the university you attended to get you so-called PhD.

LOL

Location hidden

#71771 Apr 16, 2014
Learning about wines from the quality of the grapes, to the fermentation, to the ageing, to the layers of notes, to the correct temperature that a wine should be served, to the pairing of wines with foods and so on is a long educative process and does not come about by casual drinking of the liquid.

Location hidden

#71772 Apr 16, 2014
EVERYBODY:

1) What could be the perverse collective karma of the European Jews that led to the Holocaust, the murder of millions of Jews during the event and the mass suffering of the survivors during and after the event?

2) What are the causal laws of consciousness involved in the Holocaust and its aftermath?

3) How would you explain the horrific event (Holocaust) in view of the fact that underlying every event in the life of a human being is a chain of causes?

All the above 3 questions are related or they're questions farmed in different ways but deal with the same subject.

Think before you answer.

I don't want a silly answer like G-d is responsible, ok?

Location hidden

#71773 Apr 16, 2014
typo

FRAMED not farmed

Location hidden

#71774 Apr 16, 2014
The history of the Jews is a long history of persecution, suffering, displacement and mass murder - What could be the karma involved in the collective consciousness of the Jews that brought on such a string of calamities for the community? Sad.

Location hidden

#71775 Apr 16, 2014
COMPLEXITY OF KARMA

1) KARMA or the CAUSAL LAWS governing human consciousness are a complex affair and not much can be gleaned about the mechanism at work from the ordinary consciousness.

2) The causation of human consciousness involves many branches of thought, word and deed and involves a good deal of heredity, instincts transferred from previous incarnations, type of milieu, subconscient interferences, subduing, neutralizing or aggravation of certain lines of karma due to their merger with other lines of karma, individual karma, collective karma, degree of evolution or of devolution of the human consciousness, intervention of certain forces from the subtler planes that are active in the terrestrial force fields and a host of other significant factors.

Location hidden

#71776 Apr 16, 2014
BTW, my researches and personal experiences have led me to the conclusion that EMOTION is a mechanism that inheres in the workings of the 4th DIMENSION of consciousness.

Location hidden

#71777 Apr 16, 2014
Interestingly, the MECHANISM OF LIFE involves the workings of the 3rd DIMENSION of consciousness-force which is one step lower than the origin of human emotions that can be traced to the 4th dimension.

Location hidden

#71778 Apr 16, 2014
The MECHANISM OF THE HUMAN MIND inheres in the 5th DIMENSION of the consciousness and goes beyond to the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and still higher dimensions.

Location hidden

#71779 Apr 16, 2014
The HUMAN MIND that has its roots in the 5th dimension of consciousness can INFILTRATE (as it always does) the dimensions of the emotions (4th dimension), life (3rd dimension) and matter (2nd and 1st dimensions) where upon the infused mental grade of consciousness gets modified by the workings of the lower dimensions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,216,781
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Jacques in Orleans 186,859
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min Mothra 52,708
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 4 hr RJS 8,010
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Cold Front 69,605
amy april 17 14 hr duke86 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr PEllen 99,350
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]