Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
64,801 - 64,820 of 68,838 Comments Last updated 50 min ago

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

IS THE ULTIMATE REALITY PANTHEISTIC?

Now arises a question:

If subject = object, then is the subject the same as the information field of the object (universe/individual self)?

If yes then it would mean that the object - universe/individual self - in its manifested form is G-d which is a logical fallacy in view of the evident drawbacks of the universe/individual self.

So, what then could be the true status of the subject if it is to be free of the limitations of its own objectivization?

The objectivization of the subject goes through numerous descents and undergoes various stages of division during the manifestation phase which accounts for its unregenerate nature.

So, if the ultimate reality (or the subject) is perfection then how can it be equated with its own objectivization which evidently is full of limitations and riddled with errors?

Isn't it a contradiction to equate subject with its own objectivization?

No, say the advanced yogis.

The objectivization of the subject is perfect at its core but that on the surface it appears limited and flawed and karma dents the surface all the more.

The object is a holon which contains at its core the perfection of the subject from which it has arisen from a state of self-manifestation of the subject.

The subject is as such not on par with its own objectivization in the manifestation which is the universe/individual self but since at the core of the objectivization is the perfection of the subject thus the true status of the subject is supracosmic and that when the object (being a holon) experiences via the highest yoga its true nature which resides at its core then it rises out of its surface narrowness and comes out of the limitations of the universal objectivization and becomes one with the essence of its core which is supracosmic and so in this supreme nondual poise in consciousness-force the object realizes its true nature which is that it is itself the subject - I am G-d, says the yogi.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
we do it because it provides a method to connect to God.
"One" - there is nothing(else) but God, and we are part of the interdependent whole.
They taught us in the mental health portion of my education and clinical, to "never interrupt rituals (hand washing etc)" as the rituals reduce stress and serve a real purpose for the patient.

I only say this because it popped into my head.

Everything we do, we do for a reason.

And as you say, no real harm is caused. People do a lot things I don't understand.

BTW, Allan Dershowitz said something about how many other countries would have taken this Kansas guy out much earlier but that this is America. But also that free speech is not free. He also mentioned how he graduated first in his law class at Yale but still couldn't get a Wall St job due to being Jewish. But he considers that to all be over now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

The ultimate reality is supracosmic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

IS THE WHOLE MADE UP OF PARTS?

The Whole is the Whole and is not made up of parts.

Why?

Had the Whole been made up of parts then it's logical to assume that the organizing capacity in terms of information content of the Whole would resemble the total information content of its parts which as a consequence would make it a poor organizer and limited by the incapacities of the sum of its parts.

So, to avoid this problem, it makes better sense to understand that the superior information content needed to organize the activities and to arrange the connectedness of the parts can come about only if the information content of the Whole is much greater than the information content of each part or of the overall information of all the parts put together.

We conclude that the Whole is much greater in terms of information content than the information content of the sum of its parts.

When confronted by the systems' logic backed by Eastern mystical traditions of the connectedness of the entire matrix of existence and the imperative necessity of having one source manifesting as the interconnected universe which is possible only if we take our stand on nondualism without slipping into the illogic of creation ex nihilo and of the irrationality of pantheism, we then say that the Whole manifests as holons with each holon having at its core the wholeness of the Whole.

So, the very notion of the Whole being constituted of discrete parts is ridiculous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

The WHOLE manifests as HOLONS !

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The ultimate reality is supracosmic.
Senseless.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
UNCLE FORMER must take care as his posts are once again radiating an unbalanced vibe that has a kind of a sucking pull on the energy fields of others.
This is the second time in a week that I have noticed this unbalanced vibe radiating from his posts.
I wish him very well and hope the unbalanced vibes lifts out of his consciousness-force field at the earliest.
Think outside the box, tard.

"Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."
Helen Keller

And I do believe you've sucked more life force from this forum than anyone alive or dead.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

GROSS PHYSICAL EFFECTS & SUBTLER EFFECTS

1) The higher ranges of existence exceed quantum effects with these quantum effects being confined to the gross physical aspect of the manifested reality in which the degree of the innate information content with its concomitant sentient principle being feeble.

2) The higher ranges of existence exceed the quantum field in terms of information content and inherent degree of sentience and have their own laws and native phenomena suited to their subtle states of existence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

UNCLE FORMER,

I can't reply directly to your post since your vibes will affect me.

The unbalanced vibes are getting stronger.

I hope the unbalanced vibes subside or lift off from your force field at the earliest.

This is the 2nd time in a week that it has happened.

I wish to apologize to you for being harsh in many of my replies to you.

Each to his own.

I find you a warm person.

Best Regards.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
UNCLE FORMER,
I can't reply directly to your post since your vibes will affect me.
The unbalanced vibes are getting stronger.
I hope the unbalanced vibes subside or lift off from your force field at the earliest.
This is the 2nd time in a week that it has happened.
I wish to apologize to you for being harsh in many of my replies to you.
Each to his own.
I find you a warm person.
Best Regards.
1. Have you ever held a job?

2. What's the opposite of "above me?"

Thank you and good night. I need to rest now.
There outside forces attempting to attack my brain.

And yes, I am a very warm and loving teddy bear-type of fellow.
Buckeye

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Again, your low intelligence has failed you.
To follow the sublime teachings of the Buddha, one has to be some kind of a yogi or at the least one has to be a person of higher sensibilities.
Buddha's teachings are a practice, not a ritual nor an mental assent.
In a previous post of yesterday, I said that Buddhists can violate the teachings of the Buddha given their personality defects and primal passions.
However, I made it clear to you that Buddha did not teach violence, war, slavery, human sacrifice, threats, abuses, curses, animal sacrifice, stoning disobedient sons to death, bashing babies against rocks, raping the women of prisoners of war, genital mutilation that destroys thousands of sensitive nerve endings thereby unbalancing the chakras/brain centers, cannibalism, tribalism, fanaticism, death for apostasy and other evils.
All that evil is what the koran directs. islam IS of the devil.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Joel monologue continues in the mean time....does he himself reads his own post? I have a doubt
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

I'm feeling especially unbalanced today. Maybe because it's tax day.

The only good thing is I did mine a month ago.

And of course owed money to the Feds and the state of CT.

So nice to give back.

Where's Joel?

I need to defile him.

And take his life force.
Eric

Medinah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
cant complain. Did my taxes weeks ago.
I normally file mine on Oct. 15th at 2 minutes to midnight
hh

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Gf
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Hope everyone's Seder was good. I've attended two and found the experience very meaningful.

Here's another take on the tradition:

Messianic Seders[edit]

Christians calling themselves Messianic Jews celebrate a form of Passover by observing some or all of the traditional observances, but adding additional readings or sacraments found in Christianity and Messianic Judaism. Additional readings may be from the New Testament, messianic prophecies such as those found in Isaiah, or prayers containing Messianic elements.[25] Additionally, the Tzafun and the third cup of wine are sometimes done in conjunction with communion, citing that Jesus instituted communion right after dinner, which is where the eating of the afikoman and drinking of the third cup takes place in a traditional Seder.[26] There are various Messianic Haggadahs used to perform a Seder in the traditional family setting, at a Messianic Congregation, at a church for explaining Passover to gentiles, or in a public setting for all to attend.

Christian Seders[edit]

See also: Passover in the Christian tradition

Some Christians, especially but not only Evangelical Protestants, have recently taken great interest in performing seders according to the ancient rubric. Many churches host Seders, usually adding a Christian (Messianic Passover) message, and many times inviting Messianic Jews to lead and teach on it. Many Christians cite the meal as a way to connect with the heritage of their own religion and to see how the practices of the ancient world are still relevant to Christianity today.[27]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover_Seder
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the guy hated Jews, but managed to kill 2 Christians (and 1 Jew).
Dove is one of the few (or perhaps the only) mass produced American brands of chocolate that I like.
We already colored our egg (turns out egg coloring is also a sephardic Jewish custom)
Former---The NEWS says they are STILL "gathering information" on whether this is HATE crime.

Frijoles---Yep, the guy HATED Jews, but managed to kill 2 Christians (and 1 Jew).

HughBe---- Clearly based on your words and that of Former you have GATHERED more information than the police. Share the information with them and with us.

Also, the person killed 2 Christians and 1 Jew and based on that in your mind he HATES Jews but has NO hate for Christians?

Was the Jew a Christian and if yes that would make it 3 Christians.

Was the Jew a Buddhist or a secular person?

If the Jew was secular then based on your argument the person killed the Jew because of his RACE and not religious affiliation to Judaism or otherwise.

Finally, share your typically intelligent reason for NOT ascribing hate to the person for killing the 2 Christians. Were the Christians white, brown, black or what?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
How's you husband?
Remember that at age 4 I was fully aroused when my maid was massaging me and a few days ago I got a hard-on looking at the Israeli supermodel's Bar Rafaeli's exposed breasts.
So, if I ever decide to shake off my virginal status in future, I'll face no problem with man-woman sex and besides my inexperience won't be a barrier for long since I'm a quick learner.
Bye, have to go.
Take care.
Frijoles---When was the last time you had that type of sex? Would you even know how to start?

Joel---Remember that at age 4 I was fully aroused when my maid was massaging me and a few days ago I got a hard-on looking at the Israeli supermodel's Bar Rafaeli's exposed breasts.

Hugh--- dear Frijoles cannot relate to your experiences, remember these things.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant.
If gays are abnormal because they do not procreate, the same could be said of perpetual virgins.
And Joel said it himself.
STEFANO COLONNA --....Second, you said " if they ever decide to shake off their virginal status" but if they don't, then you can put gays and virgins in the same category you called abnormal......

Former---Brilliant. If gays are abnormal because they do not procreate, the same could be said of perpetual virgins. And Joel said it himself.

HughBe--- As I understand it BABIES and prepubescent boys and girls would qualify to be ABNORMAL as they are "perpetual" virgins. I find the level of thinking to be particularly low.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Gays are abnormal because, even if they try their best, they CANNOT procreate through man-woman sexual intercourse. LOL.
I disagree that they cannot procreate via man-woman intercourse. Their problem is that they will not indulge in such intercourse because they deem it repulsive and nauseating.

What they cannot do is to BREED each other.

What is America doing about RELIGIOUS OPPRESSION in other countries starting with their CLOSE allies?

I look forward to SANCTIONS for any American Ally that has RELIGIOUS OPPRESSION or that lacks true RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. Put it this way America should SANCTION any ally where someone cannot join ANY religion of choice without being jailed.

The US is doing a good job for HOMOSEXUALS what about a PILLAR of the American State i.e. FREEDOM of RELIGION.

Why not America?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,095,825
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 min andet1987 553
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Here He Goes Again 97,790
Word (Dec '08) 12 min andet1987 4,628
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 15 min andet1987 1,240
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min LRS 176,773
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 39 min SLY WEST 1,114

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••