Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71559 Apr 13, 2014
The overmental consciousness is superseded by the supramental planes.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71560 Apr 13, 2014
The supramental planes (13th, 14th, 15th and 16th planes of the cosmic consciousness accessed through the awakened psychic by reaching out to the supramental planes that lie in the force dimensions above the head) are superseded by the cosmic bliss planes.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71561 Apr 13, 2014
The planes of the cosmic bliss consciousness (17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st planes of the cosmic consciousness) are superseded by the supracosmic planes.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71562 Apr 13, 2014
The supracosmic planes 21st planes and beyond lead to the absolute field of consciousness-energy.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71563 Apr 13, 2014
BEYOND THE CRUDE EFFECTS OF THE LOWER NATURE

The laws of nature GR, quantum effects, gravitation, 4 fundamental forces, DNA and others which are mere effects of the lower nature lose their hold on the awakened psychic when it rises to higher states of being that exceed the lower nature. From the elevated states of consciousness, everything appears a fluid mass of pure consciousness-force vibrating at different frequencies and to which none of the lower laws that form the area of scientific investigation apply.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71564 Apr 13, 2014
Among the great saints that have graced this earth, Kermit the Frog and Bobo the Bear were the greatest. They had during waking trance states reached up to the quadruple Overmental Planes (9th, 10th, 11th and 12th planes of the cosmic consciousness accessed through their awakened psychic) and brought down via their teachings and meditative practices the higher light. They were truly great human beings.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71565 Apr 13, 2014
MAP OF EXISTENCE

The hierarchy of existence as seen in the various manifested states of consciousness-force can be summarized as follows -(in ascending order) physical, subtle physical, lower vital, higher vital, mind, higher mind, illumined mind, intuitive mind, overmind (4 planes), supermind (4 planes), bliss consciousness (5 planes), supracosmic planes (no idea how many planes it is constituted of) and the absolute field of consciousness-force (origin/source of the supracosmic and cosmic planes down to matter which is the physical plane).

Note: Each plane is made up of numerous sub-planes.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#71566 Apr 13, 2014
JOEL wrote:
ADAM,
Those are not the teachings of the Buddha as posted in the link.
I have not denied the fact that Buddhists may be violent depending on the degree of their personality flaws.
I have asked you to show me where in the Buddha's teaching are words of violence, bigotry, war, murder, slavery, racism, tribalism, genital mutilation, human sacrifices, animal offerings, stoning to death, bashing babies to death, cannibalism, rape and other evil teachings.
Can you show me even one instance of evil as mentioned in the long list above in any of the teachings of the great Buddha who was the human personification of universal love, universal forgiveness and universal compassion?
You'll have to quote from the Buddha's teachings contained in the Dhammapada or from the Tripitakas.
I can assure you that you will not find a single teaching of the Buddha that is evil.
Is slavery banned?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71567 Apr 13, 2014
LOWER NATURE, HIGHER NATURE & THE PARANORMAL EFFECTS

GR, quantum effects, gravitation, 4 fundamental forces, DNA and other phenomena which are mere effects of the lower nature that science is busy studying are confined to the lowest plane of existence which is the physical, whereas the higher planes of the manifested hierarchy are not influenced by the phenomena of the physical plane unless they (higher planes) merge with the physical plane, but, then, too, the minute a higher plane exceeding the physical plane penetrates the physical plane where GR, quantum effects, gravitation, 4 fundamental forces, DNA and other inferior phenomena apply, it (the higher plane) influences the phenomena of the physical plane in diverse ways that break down the old habits ("laws") of matter giving rise to paranormal laws/paranormal phenomena manifested in matter.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71568 Apr 13, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

Is slavery banned?
The word co-operation indicates an equality of processes and of individuals when in actuality there's nothing like equality in the manifested sense.

Equality is not a law of nature.

No two things are equal in every way.

At the same time I must say that each one is important in his own aptitude and so an interactive society is one that reflects the natural law of unity in variety which then brings us to the logical conclusion that slavery is an aberration.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71569 Apr 13, 2014
It's 5:45 am here. I need to rest for sometime. Bye.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71570 Apr 14, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are excused, my son
and yes, I take a nuanced view.
Until Santorum came around, Catholics were probably not considered Christian by the Right.
I used to wince every time I heard his name or thought of him.

But ever since his "google problem" happened, I smile.
(That's how he refers to it...)

Thank you Dan Savage.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71571 Apr 14, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the first time, or the last time, that attitudes rather than science led to change in legislation. And yes, I believe in abiding by the law. Which is why it is best to nip this bud while we still can (chuckle..) before it comes a law.
Always wanting to nip things off!

:))

If you like parallels though, I see one there - not perfect of course.

So only fight your own battles, hmmmmm. Doesn't sound very noble. I believe strongly in gay rights but am not gay (despite what Joel and Huggy say).(BTW, I'm also against slavery!)

But the snake folks have a religious practice (no doubt near and dear to their hearts) which isn't really hurting the snakes but some of the PETA types really can go a little too far....and you wouldn't go bullshxt on the snake activists??(As they are attempting to enact the law...)

Speaking of the law, I usually don't stop for stop signs in parking lots (if no other traffic). Someone told me they aren't really enforceable on private property. Regardless, don't care.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#71572 Apr 14, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
The word co-operation indicates an equality of processes and of individuals when in actuality there's nothing like equality in the manifested sense.
Equality is not a law of nature.
No two things are equal in every way.
At the same time I must say that each one is important in his own aptitude and so an interactive society is one that reflects the natural law of unity in variety which then brings us to the logical conclusion that slavery is an aberration.
Each person much be equal before the law, otherwise the law is worthless.

You challenged me for an example and I gave one. Your answer is it's an aberration?
Next time don't challenge unless you're prepared to apologize. Or does the Buddha forbid that?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71573 Apr 14, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the first time, or the last time, that attitudes rather than science led to change in legislation.......
ps on this one:

Perhaps you hadn't had your morning tea yet, but.....

Have you forgotten that 95% of folks are having it done (not for religious reasons) for supposed health benefits and docs routinely /automatically did it and were advising new parents to let them do it. Lest you be a bad parent and your little boy's thing fell off.

But then evidence showed that with good hygiene, this wasn't necessary or beneficial. Like removing tonsils. Not done routinely anymore. They're part of the immune system.

My wife's pediatrician back in the 60s-70s wanted to remove the tonsils on every kid prophylactically. Her mom said no.

(What a another beautiful day here in CT or what?!!)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71574 Apr 14, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Brit milah (circumcision) is THE core initiation ceremony for males into the Jewish tribe. I dont believe it is proper to screw around with the fundamentals. And even more importantly, I fail to see a reason for why one would should even consider......
I understand the ritual has religious significance. That's not my question though.

In the past it seems you've been a little more cavalier about the details of the faith, or free-wheeling, liberal - not sure the best way to say it but I think you get my point.

More into the mediation, the cerebral aspects - not so much bound by scripture. More about the "oneness" with nature etc......

But it seems you're more traditional then you let on.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71575 Apr 14, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

Each person much be equal before the law, otherwise the law is worthless.
That's a case of equal opportunities in public life which in other words means providing a level playing for all.

Yes, everyone is equal before the law since one and the same law of inquiry applies to all so as to ensure fairness in investigation and in pronouncing the verdict but at the same time please remember that no one is equal to another in personality nor in psychological propensities nor in genetic makeup nor in outlook on life.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71576 Apr 14, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
ps on this one:
Perhaps you hadn't had your morning tea yet, but.....
Have you forgotten that 95% of folks are having it done (not for religious reasons) for supposed health benefits and docs routinely /automatically did it and were advising new parents to let them do it. Lest you be a bad parent and your little boy's thing fell off.
But then evidence showed that with good hygiene, this wasn't necessary or beneficial. Like removing tonsils. Not done routinely anymore. They're part of the immune system.
My wife's pediatrician back in the 60s-70s wanted to remove the tonsils on every kid prophylactically. Her mom said no.
(What a another beautiful day here in CT or what?!!)
My focus was on the implications of a ban of the religious expression of Jews. If nonJews want to adopt a practice and apply it out of context, well, thats just another example of the normal bizarreness of the world we live in. Like I said before, we see the same thing when nonJews buy Kosher.

I wont weigh in whether nonJews are foolish for circumcising their newborns. I imagine they do it perceived hygienic reasons, strongly rooted in their culture. Perceptions are stronger than objective evidence.

My tonsils were never removed, and I have regretted it for many years. Plenty of infections.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71577 Apr 14, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

You challenged me for an example and I gave one. Your answer is it's an aberration?

Next time don't challenge unless you're prepared to apologize. Or does the Buddha forbid that?
Buddha did not promote slavery. He was all for universal freedom.

You didn't understand my post.

Expected, in view of your ordinary intellectual capacities.

I explained the difference between co-operation (which implies a sameness of all the participating agencies which is impossible since equality is not an ingrained law of nature) and interaction (which is certainly the case since people of diverse aptitudes can contribute their bit in a harmonious manner to get a work done or to make society functional).

Since, each person is unique in his aptitude thus each person has a rightful place in the societal pyramid and as such it makes no sense for the powerful to forcibly enslave the weaker sections of society - the natural law is "unity in variety" and so in this sense slavery is a perversity.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71578 Apr 14, 2014
correction

providing a level playing FIELD for all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min cathy1691823 1,419,046
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Rogue Scholar 05 222,499
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr God Damned Holy S... 61,042
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,425
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 1,938
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 3,040
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 9,387

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages