Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72033 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71473 Apr 12, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
While homosexuals are impaired in their capacity to procreate through sexual intercourse because of their complete lack of sexual attraction to the female anatomy, male virgins, of straight or of bisexual tendencies, are not impaired by lack of sexual attraction to females and so if they ever decide to shake off their virginal status there's nothing to prevent a male virgin from having a healthy sexual relationship with a female with procreation following.
First, homosexuals can have sons through artificial ways.

Second, you said " if they ever decide to shake off their virginal status" but if they don't, then you can put gays and virgins in the same category you called abnormal.

Third, according to you if virgins decide to shake off their virginal status, then there is nothing that prevent them to procreate. Have you ever heard if impotence, sterility, contraceptives etc?

Whether one is gay or virgin is not abnormal, even your stupidity is not abnormal, even though you can be called the most stupid poster in this thread.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71474 Apr 12, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Do lesbians eat babies? LOL.
No, no, nothing like that.
Lesbians are abnormal females who wish to have sex with other females.
Do you find more abnormal the fact that lesbians want to have sex with each other or a supposed straight who makes ambiguous affermations, has on his mind honosexuals and gets horny speaking about homosexuality?

Accept your nature.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71475 Apr 12, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be rich!
At our Stop and Shop the organic produce is pricey!
Oy!:))
Farmers markets and Trader Joes. Stop and Shop is a rip-off. Shoprite is better. The thing is, we eat very little processed food, and hence dont waste money on that, so the price for produce really does not matter.

Location hidden

#71476 Apr 12, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Language right out of Leviticus!
Over 80% or women have pierced ears (more so younger than older). My wife doesn't happen to be one of them.
Not that it would have been a deal breaker.
(plus there's no evidence that the same folks who are anti-circ are piercing their kids, in fact would doubt they're the same people in most cases - not that I would compare the two procedures anyway; tiny pinprick vs body part removal)
I still have the holes in my ears from my college days, so much for the argument it grows back.

Circumcision is really not more than a prick, pain wise. Most babies rebound in a matter of seconds.

<quoted text>
former res wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you say that?
I think it's legitimate. A piece of you that served a purpose is gone for no good reason (in my case - not being Jewish). As is the case with 95% of circ victims, and I only use that word because we had no say in it!
You are confusing the issue of mutilation (which is a subjective. emotively laden word) with the issue of consent - of which I agree is an interesting issue. And to that, when society starts requiring consent for ear piercing then I think it is fair to talk about circumcision.
former res wrote:
Almost 60% of the US population is still doing it. And Jews account for somewhere around 2.5% of population in the US so I would stop taking it the backlash so personally.
Obviously we gentiles (or our parents) bought the whole health argument and the "everyone else is doing it argument." We also used to bleed folks when they had a fever. But then we learned.
It's not recommended by the AAP and I wouldn't do it to my kid (if I had one). But I also don't mourn the loss of my foreskin (as perhaps Joel does).
Note the above relates to the US - I have no knowledge of the situation overseas other than what you've told me.
I have no qualms if gentiles step back from the health argument, and the herd mentality. Thats a gentile issue, not my issue, of course. Bottom line is that it is central to the Jewish tradition. If gentiles want to adopt the custom, ritual and prayers and all, that are free to do so. Kosher is central to the tradition as well, and there are many gentiles who by kosher food thinking it is healthier (ironically often it is not - depending). Another practice taken out of its context.

Never once have I mourned the loss of my foreskin, nor have I seen any convincing data to support Apu's assertion that sensitive nerve endings are lost. Rubbers are more of a loss to feeling than any foreskin.

Location hidden

#71477 Apr 12, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Our house would be 4 times the value (at least) in G'ch. Maybe 5 times.
A million dollar house in G'ch is not a special house at all. You need to go more a like 1 1/2 for an average-looking house. My friends mom just sold her house in Riverside - nothing special - an immediate tear-down. 1.6 + million (but great location near Riverside School)
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/...

When Greenwich's Copper Beech Farm hit the market last spring, asking $190 million, people across the nation noted that while the property was the most expensive single-family home ever to hit the American market, it wouldn't necessarily close at a nine-figure sum.

But it did.

“Operation Scarecrow ”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71478 Apr 12, 2014
Whats for dinner peeps? thats whats most important..

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71480 Apr 12, 2014
typo

how can there EXIST an "intermediary"...

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71482 Apr 12, 2014
ANALYSIS OF MOSES MAIMONIDES' TEACHINGS

*Maimonides identified minut with atheism, with the denial of God's unity and incorporeality, with the denial of creation ex nihilo, and with the belief in a power intermediary between God and man.

-(Yad, Teshuvah 3:7).

JOEL: Atheism has its plus and minus points.

Religion, too, is a mixture of good and bad.

Reality is beyond the twain of atheism and religion.

God's unity, or echad, is mumbo jumbo if by unity of G-d is meant a singular object of worship (with its attributes intact) chosen from a multitude of competing Gods as it is the case with Judaism.

This chosen deity of the Hebrews, the singular or the one chosen from a multitude of Babylonian deities, becomes the object of worship in whom all the divine attributes are unified - an echad.

The idea of Echad, despite its unification of the attributes of the chosen G-d into an indivisible oneness, is still dualistic and refers to the extra-cosmic deity who does not have a causal link with the cosmos that he supposedly created from nothing and which he supposedly lords over.

I wonder what Maimonides meant by "incorporeality"?

What is this incorporeal substance he refers to?

Is it the Ruach HakoDesh? If so what is it? How does it connect with energy?

Creation ex nihilo is rubbish since effect is nothing else but the cause in manifestation without loss of information.

What is meant by an "intermediary" between man and G-d?

How can there exist an "intermediary" between man and G-d when there does not exist a causal link between the two in view of the acceptance of the irrational doctrine of creation ex nihilo by Maimonides.

“Operation Scarecrow ”

Location hidden

#71483 Apr 12, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
ANALYSIS OF MOSES MAIMONIDES' TEACHINGS
*Maimonides identified minut with atheism, with the denial of God's unity and incorporeality, with the denial of creation ex nihilo, and with the belief in a power intermediary between God and man.
-(Yad, Teshuvah 3:7).
JOEL: Atheism has its plus and minus points.
Religion, too, is a mixture of good and bad.
Reality is beyond the twain of atheism and religion.
God's unity, or echad, is mumbo jumbo if by unity of G-d is meant a singular object of worship (with its attributes intact) chosen from a multitude of competing Gods as it is the case with Judaism.
This chosen deity of the Hebrews, the singular or the one chosen from a multitude of Babylonian deities, becomes the object of worship in whom all the divine attributes are unified - an echad.
The idea of Echad, despite its unification of the attributes of the chosen G-d into an indivisible oneness, is still dualistic and refers to the extra-cosmic deity who does not have a causal link with the cosmos that he supposedly created from nothing and which he supposedly lords over.
I wonder what Maimonides meant by "incorporeality"?
What is this incorporeal substance he refers to?
Is it the Ruach HakoDesh? If so what is it? How does it connect with energy?
Creation ex nihilo is rubbish since effect is nothing else but the cause in manifestation without loss of information.
What is meant by an "intermediary" between man and G-d?
How can there exist an "intermediary" between man and G-d when there does not exist a causal link between the two in view of the acceptance of the irrational doctrine of creation ex nihilo by Maimonides.
The Guide for the perplexed. Cool. I studied . I studied Moses ben Maimon, or Maimonides for 5 years..

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71484 Apr 13, 2014
Mercy is above justice!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71485 Apr 13, 2014
The impersonal is above the personal and the transcendent is above both the personal as well as the impersonal.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71486 Apr 13, 2014
LOVE is an attribution of the personal, CONNECTEDNESS is the hallmark of the impersonal and BLISS is the leading feature of the transcendent.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71487 Apr 13, 2014
The REALITY manifests through its field of consciousness-energy as a dual TRIUNE of PERSONAL-IMPERSONAL-TRANSCENDE NT states and as LOVE-CONNECTEDNESS-BLISS which are the prime characteristics of the first triple manifestation.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71488 Apr 13, 2014
ENERGY CONUNDRUM

ENERGY is real and has tangible effects that can be measured and tapped but I remain unsatisfied with the vague descriptive of energy which is the "capacity to do work".

The question "what does the work?" turns back on itself by replying "energy does work" and when it is asked of energy "what is energy?" another incoherent answer is given that "energy is the capacity to do work".

All these confusing replies refer to the effect of energy and not to the thing (energy) itself and so none of these answers about energy cogently answer the question - what is energy? and yet energy is considered the fundamental thing constituting the cosmos. LOL.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71489 Apr 13, 2014
Similarly, the question - "what is the basis of consciousness" cannot be convincingly answered.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71490 Apr 13, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
<quoted text>

The Guide for the perplexed. Cool. I studied . I studied Moses ben Maimon, or Maimonides for 5 years..
What're your educational qualifications?

All your posts indicate that you lack higher academic credentials and besides it's evident that you have poor reasoning skills.

What job are you into?

Burger flipper? Salesman? Carpenter? Valet? Driver?

Location hidden

#71491 Apr 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Similarly, the question - "what is the basis of consciousness" cannot be convincingly answered.
Similarly, in many cases for specific posters, "what is the basis for intelligence" cannot be convincingly answered..
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71493 Apr 13, 2014
FRIJOLES: "Similarly, in many cases for specific posters, "what is the basis for intelligence" cannot be convincingly answered.."

JOEL: What a silly statement.

The basis of intelligence resides in consciousness itself.

While the noumenon/basis of consciousness is beyond the ken of physical science, yet we can infer much about the intelligence of specific posters by analyzing their replies on a variety of subjects.

Take yourself, for example - you claim that you have a PhD in a scientific discipline which I find very hard to believe in view of your very poor grasp of the fundamentals of Math and Science in addition to your poor reasoning skills.

Similarly, I find it hard to believe that MUQ is an engineer and that too from Roorkee (anyway, later, he denied the charge).

Well, MUQ is not an alum of Roorkee but at the same time I find it very hard to believe that MUQ is an engineer in view of his poor grasp of the fundamentals of Math and Science in addition to his poor reasoning skills.

In this sense, both MUQ and you stand on the same inferior level.

A clown like Hugh may find you "intelligent" but then would anyone possessing even an average IQ want a certification of "intelligence" from a dunce like Hugh?

SPROCKET is evidently a menial worker with poor educational qualifications. besides, he appears to hail from the teeming lower middle classes with pathetic income levels.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Location hidden

#71494 Apr 13, 2014
JOEL wrote:
FRIJOLES: "Similarly, in many cases for specific posters, "what is the basis for intelligence" cannot be convincingly answered.."
JOEL: What a silly statement.
The basis of intelligence resides in consciousness itself.
While the noumenon/basis of consciousness is beyond the ken of physical science, yet we can infer much about the intelligence of specific posters by analyzing their replies on a variety of subjects.
Take yourself, for example - you claim that you have a PhD in a scientific discipline which I find very hard to believe in view of your very poor grasp of the fundamentals of Math and Science in addition to your poor reasoning skills.
Similarly, I find it hard to believe that MUQ is an engineer and that too from Roorkee (anyway, later, he denied the charge).
Well, MUQ is not an alum of Roorkee but at the same time I find it very hard to believe that MUQ is an engineer in view of his poor grasp of the fundamentals of Math and Science in addition to his poor reasoning skills.
In this sense, both MUQ and you stand on the same inferior level.
A clown like Hugh may find you "intelligent" but then would anyone possessing even an average IQ want a certification of "intelligence" from a dunce like Hugh?
SPROCKET is evidently a menial worker with poor educational qualifications. besides, he appears to hail from the teeming lower middle classes with pathetic income levels.
Anyway, it doesn't matter.
questioning your basis for intelligence....

thank you for demonstrating why my comment is timely

want another piece of cheese, my little one?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#71495 Apr 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

questioning your basis for intelligence...

thank you for demonstrating why my comment is timely

want another piece of cheese, my little one?
Hello FAKE PhD IN SCIENCE with the IQ of a DUNCE.

LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques in Orlean... 219,238
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Susanm 1,402,944
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 30 min Joe Balls 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 47 min They cannot kill ... 2,264
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 70,819
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr GEORGIA 2,840
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr GEORGIA 6,543
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr CrunchyBacon 103,111

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages