Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,988
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71155 Apr 8, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I am certainly not the biblical expert here.
I have a question out to the all-knowing Jamaican to explain this statement.
How are things in Rome?
How is the economy? Not as bad as in Greece?
What are the major issues, public salaries/pensions/early retirements?
Probably some of the same issues here and in other parts of Europe.
I'm not an expert too, but as far as I know it only sentences homosexual intercourse.

The economy is not that good, but still better than Greek's.

The main problems are corruption, debt, no economic growth, high rate of unemployment, especially for youngers.

I guess Philly is better.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71156 Apr 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
PS: Being SMILEY to US Jewish people is of no importance to me. What is important is that the Jewish people recognize TRUTH when I speak it and when they do so they shall be BETTER for it.
Later.
Sounds like you need to get laid.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71157 Apr 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you need to get laid.
solution... How do you make a hormone..? Don't pay her.. Learnt that in grade school.lol

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#71158 Apr 8, 2014
former res wrote:
Huggy
"Is homosexuality a mental disorder?
No, lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations are not disorders. Research has found no inherent association between any of these sexual orientations and psychopathology. Both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding. Therefore, these mainstream organizations long ago abandoned classifications of homosexuality as a mental disorder."
http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/orientation.as...
There is a simple word for all what you have written in who paragraph....it is called "Sexual Perversion"..

And a pervert is one who always has a crooked view of things.

But the Experts use such a confusing language, to make it unable to understand by common people, like Medical doctors using their own terminology so that common man does not understand a word of it.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#71159 Apr 8, 2014
former res wrote:
Wrong again. The black guy took the rap for the white guy's program:
2006–2008: Operation Wide Receiver and other probes[edit]
Operation Wide Receiver[edit]
The suspicious sale of AR-15s led to Operation Wide Receiver.[31]
The first known ATF "gunwalking" operation to Mexican drug cartels, named Operation Wide Receiver, began in early 2006 and ran into late 2007. Licensed dealer Mike Detty of Mad Dawg Global informed the ATF of a suspicious gun purchase that took place in February 2006 in Tucson, Arizona. In March he was hired as a confidential informant working with the
Where there is no will.....there is no way!

That is one line summary of what you wrote!!

Location hidden

#71160 Apr 9, 2014
MUQ

Homosexuality is abnormal for evident reasons. Ok,

However, why should people condemn gays, or, as done in the past, punish them for their sexual orientation since homosexuality has genetic roots?

What I mean is this - should gays be discriminated against or punished when it's becoming increasingly clear that homosexuality has genetic causes?

How should gays be treated?

Location hidden

#71161 Apr 9, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a simple word for all what you have written in who paragraph....it is called "Sexual Perversion"..
And a pervert is one who always has a crooked view of things.
But the Experts use such a confusing language, to make it unable to understand by common people, like Medical doctors using their own terminology so that common man does not understand a word of it.
Actually, I am a common man, and I understand the basic point, if not the actual details.

I think you are using your lack of educational foundation as an excuse to rationalize your (religiously based?) prejudice.

Did you understand that?

Location hidden

#71162 Apr 9, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
<quoted text>solution... How do you make a hormone..? Don't pay her.. Learnt that in grade school.lol
"There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex--they should draw the line at goats."
~ Elton John
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71163 Apr 9, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an expert too, but as far as I know it only sentences homosexual intercourse.
The economy is not that good, but still better than Greek's.
The main problems are corruption, debt, no economic growth, high rate of unemployment, especially for youngers.
I guess Philly is better.
Most of our public pensions are way underfunded. And unemployment is slowly improving. And of course too much debt.

I had seen where many Europeans were used to retiring at a fairly young age - 50 or so which didn't seem sustainable. Here the youngest age one can get Social Security is 62 (at a reduced level).
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71164 Apr 9, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
MUQ
Homosexuality is abnormal for evident reasons. Ok,
However, why should people condemn gays, or, as done in the past, punish them for their sexual orientation since homosexuality has genetic roots?
What I mean is this - should gays be discriminated against or punished when it's becoming increasingly clear that homosexuality has genetic causes?
How should gays be treated?
Joel, if it is so "clear" to you that homosexuality has genetic roots, would you kindly share some of the evidence with us.(Links, please..)

I didn't know that nature vs nurture (heredity vs environment) argument had been settled.

I had thought it was considered to be a combination of these factors, as with many other human characteristics - intelligence, personality etc.

What I think we can agree on in that sexual orientation is not a choice anymore than eye color is.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#71165 Apr 9, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am a common man, and I understand the basic point, if not the actual details.
I think you are using your lack of educational foundation as an excuse to rationalize your (religiously based?) prejudice.
Did you understand that?
"An ignorant man is a blind man" - anon

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#71166 Apr 9, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
Name one professional discipline that doesn't have its own set of terminology, including yours (Engineering).

There's no conspiracy to keep you ignorant brother (excluding your religion, of course)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71171 Apr 9, 2014
HOMOSEXUALITY INFLUENCED BY GENES

Study finds genes on X chromosome linked to male homosexuality

By Ian Sample, The Guardian

Friday, February 14, 2014 14:01 EDT

A study of gay men in the US has found fresh evidence that male sexual orientation is influenced by genes. Scientists tested the DNA of 400 gay men and found that genes on at least two chromosomes affected whether a man was gay or straight.

A region of the X chromosome called Xq28 had some impact on men’s sexual behaviour – though scientists have no idea which of the many genes in the region are involved, nor how many lie elsewhere in the genome.

Another stretch of DNA on chromosome 8 also played a role in male sexual orientation – though again the precise mechanism is unclear.

Michael Bailey, a psychologist at Northwestern University in Illinois, set out the findings to the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Chicago on Thursday.“The study shows that there are genes involved in male sexual orientation,” he said. The work has yet to be published, but confirms the findings of a smaller study that sparked widespread controversy in 1993, when Dean Hamer, a scientist at the US National Cancer Institute, investigated the family histories of more than 100 gay men and found homosexuality tended to be inherited. More than 10% of brothers of gay men were gay themselves, compared to around 3% of the general population. Uncles and male cousins on the mother’s side had a greater than average chance of being gay, too.

The link with the mother’s side of the family led Hamer to look more closely at the X chromosome. In follow-up work, he found that 33 out of 40 gay brothers inherited similar genetic markers on the Xq28 region of the X chromosome, suggesting key genes resided there.

GOOGLE unable to post link (some problem with the server)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71172 Apr 9, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel, if it is so "clear" to you that homosexuality has genetic roots, would you kindly share some of the evidence with us.(Links, please..)
Hello,

I said "it's becoming increasingly clear that homosexuality has genetic causes?'

I didn't put a stamp of finality on the statement.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71173 Apr 9, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

What I think we can agree on in that sexual orientation is NOT A CHOICE anymore than eye color is.

Yes.

Location hidden

#71174 Apr 9, 2014
HughBe wrote:
JOEL COOL DUDE---Not so good.

Hugh--- I am truly saddened to hear that things are not good but I am expecting and hoping that you are doing your very best to make things better. It is my wish that things are restored to their original good state in the very near future.
Thank you.

I am not saying anything for now about my deteriorating health condition....

Location hidden

#71175 Apr 9, 2014
HughBe wrote:
I do think about you and some of the other posters and I do make mention of both of you.
Oh, interesting, Monny.

It's years since the posters here have known each other - it almost seems like family.

I do think about all the posters here and at times mention our exchanges to a couple of close friends.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71176 Apr 9, 2014
Biology and sexual orientation

The relationship between biology and sexual orientation is a subject of research. A simple and singular determinant for sexual orientation has not been conclusively demonstrated; various studies point to different, even conflicting positions, but scientists hypothesize that a combination of genetic, hormonal and social factors determine sexual orientation.[1][2] Biological theories for explaining the causes of sexual orientation are more popular,[1] and biological factors may involve a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment.[3] These factors, which may be related to the development of a heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual orientation, include genes, prenatal hormones, and brain structure.

Criticisms [of Twin Studies]

Twin studies have received a number of criticisms including self-selection bias where homosexuals with gay siblings are more likely to volunteer for studies. Nonetheless, it is possible to conclude that, given the difference in sexuality in so many sets of identical twins, sexual orientation cannot be attributed solely to genetic factors.[10]

Another issue is the recent finding that even monozygotic twins can be different and there is a mechanism which might account for monozygotic twins being discordant for homosexuality. Gringas and Chen (2001) describe a number of mechanisms which can lead to differences between monozygotic twins, the most relevant here being chorionicity and amniocity.[11] Dichorionic twins potentially have different hormonal environments because they receive maternal blood from separate placenta, and this could result in different levels of brain masculinisation. Monoamniotic twins share a hormonal environment, but can suffer from the 'twin to twin transfusion syndrome' in which one twin is "relatively stuffed with blood and the other exsanguinated".[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexu...
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71177 Apr 9, 2014
JOEL wrote:
HOMOSEXUALITY INFLUENCED BY GENES
Study finds genes on X chromosome linked to male homosexuality
By Ian Sample, The Guardian
Friday, February 14, 2014 14:01 EDT
A study of gay men in the US has found fresh evidence that male sexual orientation is influenced by genes. Scientists tested the DNA of 400 gay men and found that genes on at least two chromosomes affected whether a man was gay or straight.
A region of the X chromosome called Xq28 had some impact on men’s sexual behaviour – though scientists have no idea which of the many genes in the region are involved, nor how many lie elsewhere in the genome.
Another stretch of DNA on chromosome 8 also played a role in male sexual orientation – though again the precise mechanism is unclear.
Michael Bailey, a psychologist at Northwestern University in Illinois, set out the findings to the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Chicago on Thursday.“The study shows that there are genes involved in male sexual orientation,” he said. The work has yet to be published, but confirms the findings of a smaller study that sparked widespread controversy in 1993, when Dean Hamer, a scientist at the US National Cancer Institute, investigated the family histories of more than 100 gay men and found homosexuality tended to be inherited. More than 10% of brothers of gay men were gay themselves, compared to around 3% of the general population. Uncles and male cousins on the mother’s side had a greater than average chance of being gay, too.
The link with the mother’s side of the family led Hamer to look more closely at the X chromosome. In follow-up work, he found that 33 out of 40 gay brothers inherited similar genetic markers on the Xq28 region of the X chromosome, suggesting key genes resided there.
GOOGLE unable to post link (some problem with the server)
Fair enough. I would certainly throw this information into the mix.

But I still thinks it's a combinations of factors.

Thanks for posting this.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71178 Apr 9, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
I said "it's becoming increasingly clear that homosexuality has genetic causes?'
I didn't put a stamp of finality on the statement.
It's always been the nature vs nurture argument.

As such, genetics has always been in the mix of probable explanations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min wojar 181,707
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RC Hotstuff 1,153,042
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 4 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 4 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 6 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 7 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info