Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72039 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70772 Apr 2, 2014
Frijoles----Most of that rant is deflection, but I will note that conversion to Judaism is just as much about education as it is ritual.

HughBe--- First tell me your private definitions of DEFLECTION and rant and then support your hog droppings.

Second, I take it that in Judaism its education has no relationship to its rituals. Should I be surprised?

Third, reread what comes below and surprise me with an intelligent response. Best of luck, Mon.

HughBe---"Leading Sefardi Haredi Rabbi Tells University Students It Is KOSHER To Cheat And Plagiarize

Frijoles---Funny things about us Jews.. we rarely follow our spiritual leaders blindly.

HughBe--- Please follow closely.
1. KOSHER things including KOSHER CHEATING and KOSHER PORK are irrelevant to Jews who are NOT religious.
2. KOSHER is also IRRELEVANT to Jews who are into Eastern and other religions. How do you speak for them?
3. Since it is religion that makes one a JEW then I find it interesting that CONVERT Jews do not follow their masters blindly. How then did the "QUALIFY" to become "JEWS"?
4. How is it that your fellow Judaists accept the FALSE concept of KOSHER pork when it is clear even to a moron that the BIBLE says otherwise? Are you not BLIND sheep following your masters? If not explain why not.
5. Your claim lacks honesty and imbeciles can see that.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70773 Apr 2, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a religion as well as an ethnic affiliation.
But it has nothing to do with CRIMINAL or INHUMANE. You need need to chill, your responses are kind of creepy, to be honest....
Frijoles---Bohm - an ex Jew?

HughBe--- There is no such thing as an "ex-Jew". Can someone become an ex-black? That is the IDENTICAL thing to calling someone an ex-Jew.

Jews are a RACE of people or a FAMILY that has COMMON ancestors going back to Jacob or Israel. NOTHING that any man can say or do shall ever change this FACT.

I find the concept of ex-Jew to be CRIMINAL and INHUMANE in my mind.

Frijoles---Its a religion as well as an ethnic affiliation.

HughBe--- Hog ShiT. Jews or Israelites are BIOLOGICAL descendants of a man God named Israel. It is no more than that. That is not to say that God did not enter into a COVENANT relationship with a people called Jews/Israel BUT that covenant was made at Sinai when they were ALREADY JEWS.

Get it? Teach your rabbis this TRUTH.

Frijoles----But it has nothing to do with CRIMINAL or INHUMANE. You need need to chill, your responses are kind of creepy, to be honest....

HughBe--- Let me make it abundantly clear, I honestly find it INHUMANE, grossly DISHONEST and CRIMINAL to try to deny the Jewish IDENTITY of even a SINGLE Jew. I stand by those words.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70774 Apr 2, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Is homosexuality bad?
HughBe ---As I have said so many times in the past I rarely make judgments and when I do it is the FUNNY one.

Frijoles---Is homosexuality bad?

HughBe---- As you are aware your question is off-topic. Nonetheless, I shall give you two answers one from the Tanach and the other shall be my position.

Tanach--- "You shall NOT lie(floc) down with a male, as with a woman: this is an ABOMINATION."

Do you take the word ABOMINATION as a good thing?

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/9...

My own response follows. Whatever is in the scriptures I submit to it. How about you?

Which do you submit to, the scriptures or the rules/ doctrines of men? What is your view on homosexuality is it bad?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70775 Apr 2, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That bait was not intended for you
that said, diabetics have high risk factors, are diabetics bad?
Abolish The Fed--Homosexuality has high risk factors attached to it, for that reason alone it is bad.

Frijoles---That bait was not intended for you that said, diabetics have high risk factors, are diabetics bad?

HughBe--- Let me take the bait. Both HOMOSEXUALITY and DIABETES are very BAD, in my opinion. Both are diseases that need the appropriate medical intervention.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70776 Apr 2, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
From a Xtian perspective, faith is core. Without it, there is no reason to stay unless you value the social aspect of it. But that need can be filled multiple other ways in far more fulfilling ways. Nothing irrational about it.
The Cunti---From a Xtian perspective, faith is core

HughBe---- As someone who claims to have no religious affiliation you consistently reveal otherwise by your presumptuous DISRESPECT for Christians. No Christian calls himself or herself Xtian and I think all would take offence to it but yet you persist, you blind dumb sheep.

I am glad to see that even someone at your level sees that "faith is core" to Christianity. Here is a secret, it could NOT be otherwise given that Christianity is a RELIGION, it is NOT a RACE as Indians, Caucasians or Jews.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70777 Apr 2, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I have niece who converted to Judaism (her new husband's faith) and they ended up getting divorced. Oh well, guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Guess I understand just my nature to wonder if there might not be another faith/religion/culture that may be MORE awe-inspiring or fit me better! The sky's the limit and all that..
Like a bigger ocean, bluer sky, taller grass. I know you can relate
Never been much of a joiner, except to my wife of 26 years (in May)!
Former---Never been much of a joiner, except to my wife of 26 years (in May)

HughBe--- Looking at the number of years ONLY I can say congratulations. What is his name? Much love, Mon.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70778 Apr 2, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been in your country so many times and so far I visited NYC, Hamptons NY, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, Denver, Las Vegas, San Diego and a few more that I can't remember now. My last trip in US was last Dic.
I recommend the Southwest - Arizona and New Mexico. Very different than the other places.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70779 Apr 2, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you don't believe, why give others like you a hard time about it?
You said being gay is not healthy. Same for straight sex.
Less than half of HIV is transmitted via gay sex Mr., Doctor of Health and Nutrition.
Do you consider yourself a troll? Why or why not?
Former---Less than half of HIV is transmitted via gay sex Mr., Doctor of Health and Nutrition.

HughBe--- Clarification follows. "CURRENTLY Less than half of HIV is transmitted via gay sex Mr., Doctor of Health and Nutrition. HOWEVER THIS HAS NOT ALWAYS BEEN SO."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70780 Apr 2, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Hugh,
Do you own a pig named googly?
(smiles)
I prefer to use the word have in place of own. Having said that the answer is no my pig's name is Joel.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70781 Apr 2, 2014
Don't cry.

Later.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70782 Apr 2, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My own response follows. Whatever is in the scriptures I submit to it. How about you?
Poor Huggy can't think for himself.

He allows old men from many years to think for him.

They wrote it in a book then, and he follows their words today.
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70783 Apr 2, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up. You win.
The US is a theocracy.
Are we finished?
I don't care what fictional characters you are talking about, has nothing to do with me. I suppose we are done if you can't come up with any facts.

Location hidden

#70784 Apr 2, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what fictional characters you are talking about, has nothing to do with me. I suppose we are done if you can't come up with any facts.
Are you still trolling for gay black men?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70785 Apr 2, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---- As someone who claims to have no religious affiliation you consistently reveal otherwise by your presumptuous DISRESPECT for Christians. No Christian calls himself or herself Xtian and I think all would take offence to it but yet you persist, you blind dumb sheep.
I am glad to see that even someone at your level sees that "faith is core" to Christianity. Here is a secret, it could NOT be otherwise given that Christianity is a RELIGION, it is NOT a RACE as Indians, Caucasians or Jews.
Don't blame me for your thin skin. This matter has already been explained to you. If you still choose to take offence to it, then that's strictly on you (i.e. A defect in your ego/personality).

Location hidden

#70787 Apr 2, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
As someone who claims to have no religious affiliation you consistently reveal otherwise by your presumptuous DISRESPECT for Jews. No Jew calls himself or herself Judaite and I think all would take offence to it but yet you persist, you blind dumb sheep.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70788 Apr 2, 2014
Between Huggybear and ATF, not a great day here on the forum.

Speaking of The Forum, only our Roman friend has had anything of interest to say.

Put another "hump day" behind us!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70789 Apr 2, 2014
I have been reading Richard Dawkins' THE GOD DELUSION and found many parts so ridiculous that I burst out laughing. Dawkins has the reasoning skills of a 12 year old kid. I have marked a few pages for discussion with friends and may post critiques of the same to debunk the juvenile fare on offer. Dawkins has basically debunked the idea of the Judeo-Christian G-d (HaShem) and the virgin birth of Jesus which can easily be done by an averagely intelligent person. Though the extra-cosmic G-d who creates from nothing and who watches over his creation like a cruel hawk are fiction, yet much of what Dawkins has to say about the nature of reality is pure nonsense.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70790 Apr 2, 2014
The in-house pseudointellectual, COR, has used sentient terms like EGO and PERSONALITY DEFECT while communicating with Hugh. I wonder how crass materialists can justify the presence of ego and of personality defects when molecular mechanisms cannot account for them and if these ignorant materialistic types still insist that ego/personality are aspects of molecular mechanisms then they'll have to demonstrate how molecular forces give rise to ego and personality traits and where in the molecular mechanism or in the molecules themselves inhere these aspects (ego/personality). Of course, it cannot be done no matter how hard the pseudo-intellectual types attempt to do so. LOL.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70791 Apr 2, 2014
We define ENERGY as the capacity of a system to do work. But, in terms of stuff, what is energy? We record the effects of energy in experimental setups using units like joules, ergs, cals, kcals, eV, MeV or we feel its effects as say heat, light, sound, motion, etc, but can we see energy as say I see a table or a grain of sand? Does this make energy, the so-called basal stuff of the universe, a poorly studied entity or is it something beyond the realm of mind and senses?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70792 Apr 2, 2014
What is mind? What're the senses? Are mind and senses phenomena of energy or are they effects of sentience? What is sentience? How do we resolve the energy-sentience divide?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,603,038
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Joe Balls 242,623
Whatever became of Vida? 1 hr She in AREA 10
Coffee with Jesus. 1 hr Ooftus Goofus 10
Anne Coulter's X Boyfriend. 2 hr Brilliant Guy 3
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 2 hr Such Good Boyz 5
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Dont Deny History 32

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages