Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71944 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70738 Apr 2, 2014
"Consciousness is a fundamental thing, the fundamental thing in existence É it is the energy, the motion, the movement of consciousness that creates the universe and all that is in it É not only the macrocosm but the microcosm is nothing but consciousness arranging itself. For instance, when consciousness in its movement or rather a certain stress of movement forgets itself in the action it becomes an apparently Ćunconsciousö energy; when it forgets itself in the form it becomes the electron, the atom, the material object. In reality it is still consciousness that works in the energy and determines the form and the evolution of form. When it wants to liberate itself, slowly, evolutionarily, out of Matter, but still in the form, it emerges as life, as animal, as man and it can go on evolving itself still farther out of its involution and become something more than mere man."

-- Sri Aurobindo, The Life Divine, pp. 236-7.

Location hidden

#70739 Apr 2, 2014
"Consciousness is not only power of awareness of self and things, it is or has also a dynamic and creative energy. It can determine its own reactions or abstain from reactions; it can not only answer to forces, but create or put out from itself forces. Consciousness is Chit but also Chit Shakti, awareness but also conscious force."

-- Sri Aurobindo, Letters on Yoga, p. 234
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70740 Apr 2, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>.........I don't describe myself nor I care do it. Others do that for me.
If you want you can try to define my position by reading what I wrote at half of this post.
If I understand what you wrote (and I wouldn't bet the rent on it), I "believe" we're more or less on the same page.

Special plans for Easter Sunday?

"On the third day he rose again;: he ascended into heaven,: he is seated at the right hand of the Father,: and he will come to judge the living and the dead."
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70741 Apr 2, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any facts that the constitution is applicable?
I think it's incumbent on you to show why it shouldn't.

Is that a yes on the troll question?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70742 Apr 2, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
What a waste of pixels
He should be charged with regularly polluting this forum.

Where's the EPA when you need them?

Everyday it's like he threw up here. Over and over.
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70743 Apr 2, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's incumbent on you to show why it shouldn't.
Is that a yes on the troll question?
I haven't seen any evidence that some words written over 200 years ago are applicable to me, you are the one making the claim of separation, you make the claim its your burden of proof. What facts do you rely on that the constitution is applicable to me personally?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70744 Apr 2, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any evidence that some words written over 200 years ago are applicable to me, you are the one making the claim of separation, you make the claim its your burden of proof. What facts do you rely on that the constitution is applicable to me personally?
"The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America."

Maier, Pauline.ôRatification: the people debate the constitution, 1787-1788ö. 2010. ISBN 978-0-684-86854-7, p. 35.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Co...

Unless you say something smart (or even interesting) this time. I'm finished with you.

And I will officially label you a troll.

Have a nice day!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70746 Apr 2, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America."
Maier, Pauline.ôRatification: the people debate the constitution, 1787-1788ö. 2010. ISBN 978-0-684-86854-7, p. 35.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Co...
Unless you say something smart (or even interesting) this time. I'm finished with you.
And I will officially label you a troll.
Have a nice day!
Not so much a troll as a delusional, misguided individual who subscribes to pseudo-science as well as any and all conspiracy theories. In other words, a Ron/Rand Paul supporter.

Either way, not worth the time.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#70748 Apr 2, 2014
Yawn. Brainless fool. LOL.

Location hidden

#70750 Apr 2, 2014
Hugh,

Do you own a pig named googly?

(smiles)

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#70751 Apr 2, 2014
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>please somebody bomb Israel and execute the Jews robbing and destroying America ASAP ! SAVE THE WORLD ! HITLER SAVED GERMANY
Have you always been an anti-semite?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70752 Apr 2, 2014
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>please somebody bomb Israel and execute the Jews robbing and destroying America ASAP ! SAVE THE WORLD ! HITLER SAVED GERMANY
Nuke the whales!

BTW, who knew?

The blue whale has the largest penis of any living animal.[1] It is commonly cited as having an average penis length of 8 feet (2.4 m) to 10 feet (3.0 m) and a girth of 12 inches (300 mm) to 14 inches (360 mm).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_whale_penis

Location hidden

#70753 Apr 2, 2014
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>

please somebody bomb Israel and execute the Jews robbing and destroying America ASAP ! SAVE THE WORLD ! HITLER SAVED GERMANY
What has this diatribe against Israel got to do with my comment directed at the pseudo-intellectual, COR?

Israel is an evil nation but so are many other nations.

Don't you think the US is far more evil than puny Israel?

Aren't Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the imperialists of old, the UK, evil nations?

Location hidden

#70754 Apr 2, 2014
Israel at least allows its people to do as they wish and holds nothing against abnormal human beings like homosexuals, whores or transsexuals nor does it persecute Jewish/non-Jewish critics of Judaism or of the state of Israel. In fact, a kind of laissez-faire atmosphere prevails
in the whole in Israel and most Israelis (ex-Jews/Jews) are, like a majority of people in the world, out to have fun and be successful in life.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70755 Apr 2, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If I understand what you wrote (and I wouldn't bet the rent on it), I "believe" we're more or less on the same page.
Special plans for Easter Sunday?
"On the third day he rose again;: he ascended into heaven,: he is seated at the right hand of the Father,: and he will come to judge the living and the dead."
Maybe we are on the same page about it.

I programmed to go in vacation abroad, but other events plus a wedding to attend on Easter Sunday force me to stay here.

What's your plan for Easter Sunday?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70756 Apr 2, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What has this diatribe against Israel got to do with my comment directed at the pseudo-intellectual, COR?
Israel is an evil nation but so are many other nations.
Don't you think the US is far more evil than puny Israel?
Aren't Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the imperialists of old, the UK, evil nations?
Why are they evil nations?

Why is Us far more evil than Israel?

Location hidden

#70757 Apr 2, 2014
Hopefully, in most nations, the population of abnormal human beings like homosexuals, prostitutes and transexuals should be well under 10% of the total population.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70758 Apr 2, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much a troll as a delusional, misguided individual who subscribes to pseudo-science as well as any and all conspiracy theories. In other words, a Ron/Rand Paul supporter.
Either way, not worth the time.
Seems like he used to be worth a little give and take.

Either that or I lost tolerance.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70759 Apr 2, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we are on the same page about it.
I programmed to go in vacation abroad, but other events plus a wedding to attend on Easter Sunday force me to stay here.
What's your plan for Easter Sunday?
We'll probably be at relatives' in NY state.

But they aren't religious nor are we.

Most folks here get married on Saturday.

Though I don't know where you are.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70760 Apr 2, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Hopefully, in most nations, the population of abnormal human beings like homosexuals, prostitutes and transexuals should be well under 10% of the total population.
Many people (like me) would consider you abnormal due to your strange ways.

You have strange values and look down on others who have less education and/or less money. This is not good behavior and not normal in polite society.

It is probably good for society that your will not reproduce.

Though I have enjoyed chatting with you on occasion.

I do not think your values and ways are the ideal for human behavior.

All due respect of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 197,083
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nuculur option 1,278,185
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 54,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr contrary opinion 100,673
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr 40ish 6,443
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 2 hr beastman 2
abby9-3-15 5 hr Kuuipo 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages