Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72039 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70584 Mar 31, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The DM II probably did all they could to reverse the condition up and including taking chromum (which reduces the food cravings) and a healthier diet.
Unless your's is a double blind study with a large enough group to be statistically significant you can't proof it was just these two substances that worked the change.
MDI and II are genetically very complex, so those aware of that will simply not buy into the supplement hype.
I compare it to a docter stating a lack of kalium (potassium) but not giving this (dangerous) substance but rather taking the systemic route as in remedying the ultimate cause, as the safer and durable route.
I don't need a "double blind study" to prove anything. The proof is in the pudding, obviously an improved diet , including quitting gluten to maximize absorption is part of the process is a factor.
Once you see this work time after time there is no need to consult your silly studies.
There is no money in curing, MD's are never interested.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#70585 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
A nutritionally deprived body will have you eat and eat and eat, the body isn't dumb the body wants the right amount of nutrients to be satisfied.
After my ice-cream story i can't believe you stated that.
People will not overeat on pure fat, nor on pure Sugar.
Our brain likes the combination though as do rat-brains.

But with a normal healthy diet (the old fashioned 5 groups) nobody ever over-eats.
You even have a hard time eating all of that in a day.
Besides unless you are building a dam by hand or do very hard labour or live in the arctics nobody even needs those 2000 or 2500 Kcal.
1500-2000 (fem male) is more like it.

Japanese (absolutely first world) get very old by the adagium of never eating to the point of being satiated, just 3/4.
A cultural norm of the old generation most likely born from depravation and then becoming a rule for life.
If you see them also eat baked jelly-fish with very little protein compared to fish or meat (just 4% as in needing a ships-load for ordinary requirement) you kind of wonder how the body keeps going without eating it's own muscles. Minerals no problem though.

Location hidden

#70586 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a "double blind study" to prove anything. The proof is in the pudding, obviously an improved diet , including quitting gluten to maximize absorption is part of the process is a factor.
Once you see this work time after time there is no need to consult your silly studies.
There is no money in curing, MD's are never interested.
Often true especially with the extreme amount of medication Americans take.
Curing the side-effects so to say.
But blaming all on the same ailment is equal desinterest.
And you are suggesting that paying for an unproven cure is the way to go!

That was the other part you kept vague about:
How does gluten when being tolerant to it get in the way of often oil soluble vitamins and other vitamis and minerals?

Location hidden

#70587 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
That statement you are trying to infer that straight sex is accountable for the rest? I don't think so popeye, prove your claim. Obviously drug use is a factor but gay sex is far more risky than straight sex.
You can call me whatever you want, atheists are like scorn women.
If you think that humans know all there is to know about life existence in this world, you are just a close minded ignorant dope.
For the onset of HIV II hetero-sexual behaviour is absolutely responsible.

Unprotected sex has a gamut of unwanted side-effects.
So your confusing some things.

Atheists like scorn women? Hûh??
They come at daft people trying to pounce money out of their duped pocket selling holy dope , with a vengeance?

If we do not know then who would?
You seem to turn an intentional deaf ear while proclaiming to have the truth!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70588 Mar 31, 2014
HOMOSEXUALITY is ABNORMAL.
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70589 Mar 31, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Often true especially with the extreme amount of medication Americans take.
Curing the side-effects so to say.
But blaming all on the same ailment is equal desinterest.
And you are suggesting that paying for an unproven cure is the way to go!
That was the other part you kept vague about:
How does gluten when being tolerant to it get in the way of often oil soluble vitamins and other vitamis and minerals?
It causes inflammation in the small intestine which results in malabsorption, if you don't have a gluten intolerance then good for you, but I did and many other people do too but they might not know it.I don't have celiac disease and there is no real test for gluten intolerance but many people tell me that when they quit gluten it usually takes about two weeks and they feel so much better, mood, appetite, sleep, all improve.

MD's supply diabetics with insulin, when their kidneys malfunction their answer is to cut it out and get a replacement.
Everything is related, usually 1 disease leads to another which leads to another and doctors keep treating symptoms by throwing drugs at it which causes more disease and more symptoms.
When you say something is "unproven" you are referring to large expensive studies, I don't need that when I see with my own eyes case after case of heart disease, diabetes, GERD, liver problems, degenerative disc desease, cancer all being reversed through nutrition.
Again there is no money in curing disease especially when doctors are on the payroll of pharmaceutical companies.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70590 Mar 31, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

"ayn od milvado" in the tradition of Hasidic Judaism.

Just language.
No, the concepts are different.

"Ayn od milvado" means "there's no one else besides HaShem".

It's one thing to say "ayn od milvado" (there's no one else besides HaShem) and it's a totally different thing to say "I am HaShem".

Ayn od milvado ((there's no one else besides HaShem) is a dualistic statement which puts HaShem on the loftiest pedestal and worships him as G-d Almighty.

To say "I am HaShem" is a nondual experience in consciousness which is not part of Judaism and would be considered a blasphemy.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70591 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish the Fed = Voluntarist?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70592 Mar 31, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I fail to see much difference between "nothingness" in the tradition of Zen,
"Nothingness"?

Zen might teach "shunyavad" or "nothingness" - a later accretion to Buddhism.

The Buddha did not mention shunyavad.

Buddha's teachings ended in the Nirvana-state via trance.

Nirvana is not the shunya or the nothing of Zen.

Nirvana is the calm subliminal state of consciousness that stands just behind the ripples of the frontal consciousness.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70593 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>

"do you love your parents".
The brainless idiot COR said that he does love his parents.

I wonder what the rat means by love.

Love and other emotions cannot be explained scientifically but as expected the rat, COR, avoided answering this question too and brushed it off with typical low grade atheistic banter.

Emotions are not just a rush of chemicals.

There's a movement in consciousness that initiates the rush of certain chemicals which the idiot mistakes for love.

So, an emotion traces its origin in a movement of consciousness and with consciousness being an integral part of energy thus this movement of consciousness (say love, lust or hatred) stimulates the concomitant hormones that as a result get released in the blood stream.

Thus, an emotion has a subtle side which is the underlying state of consciousness and an outer measurable aspect which is manifested by a rush of chemicals.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70594 Mar 31, 2014
An emotion is an experience in consciousness that has far reaching consequences on our thoughts, health, relationships and actions.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70595 Mar 31, 2014
DEITY, MICROBES & ATHEISM

To get evidence of a deity, as demanded by the atheists, one has to rise high in consciousness (beyond all external forms) to investigate whether the so-called deity exists as a movement of consciousness or is just a figment of imagination.

One can't be dismissive of a deity (or of deities) from a lower state of consciousness which would be as foolish as say an uneducated man denying the existence of bacteria since he cannot see bacteria with the naked eyes.

Bacteria, as known, can be seen only through a microscope.

So, the atheists have got this point on the existence of deity/deities wrong, too.

LOL.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70596 Mar 31, 2014
So, just as bacteria cannot be seen with the naked eyes, similarly, one should not inquire about the existence of a deity while living in the ordinary state of consciousness.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70597 Mar 31, 2014
The thumb rule is that only like can perceive/understand like.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70598 Mar 31, 2014
In Vedanta and Tibetan Buddhism, the state of nothingness or the shunya state of existence is a state of consciousness that's devoid of all thoughts. Yes, the thoughtless state is an "on-the-way" state to the supreme goal which is complete union in consciousness-force with the higher self..

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70599 Mar 31, 2014
While we lay great emphasis on telescopic and microscopic vision, we should lay greater stress on psychic vision wherever it can be developed.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70600 Mar 31, 2014
While telescopic vision and microscopic vision can be developed by using the telescope and the microscope respectively, the instrument that needs to be employed for psychic vision is the mind itself in its heightened functional mode.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70601 Mar 31, 2014
When we use a telescope or a microscope, our state of consciousness is the same ordinary consciousness in its exteriorized functional mode and so telescopic and microscopic visions do not involve any shift in consciousness, whereas when we enter the domain of psychic vision a complete shift in consciousness from the ordinary to the heightened functional mode in consciousness has to take place if the psychic mode of perception has to replace the ordinary way of perception. Just a handful of persons can manifest the psychic vision.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70602 Mar 31, 2014
Particle physicist and systems thinker Fritjof Capra has some of this capacity for psychic vision.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70603 Mar 31, 2014
OCCULT CHEMISTRY & PSI

Much before particle physics could inferentially deduct the nature of subatomic particles, 2 theosophists, Annie Besant and Bishop Olcott, had conducted an investigation into the core of matter via the trance state and in that trance state they saw the subatomic world firsthand and while in waking trance they began dictating to a stenographer present at the place the direct perception of the subatomic world.

Their psychic investigation into the nature of matter at the subatomic level is contained in detail in a book called Occult Chemistry published by the Theosophical Society of India.

Later, this occult book formed the basis of a doctoral thesis on the link between the occult vision and the inferential findings of particles by a student named Philips or something like that.

The book, Occult Chemistry and a copy of the PhD thesis on the same was given to a friend's dad by Dr M M Srinivasan, ex-head of the Neutron Physics Division, BARC, Mumbai. I have seen both.

It was a humbling as well as an awe-inspiring experience for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min the deplorable Jo... 1,433,195
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min An NFL Fan 61,498
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 52 min Go Blue Forever 103,637
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Ottawa 225,401
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,078
Clinton campaign dog story. 3 hr Great Story 5
Breitbart--Comey + Clinton Foundation 3 hr Andrew CONTINUED2 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages