Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72025 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70562 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what love is? Why do you believe in love if it cant be scientifically proven?
Ah, this old canard. You'll have to do better than that. Religious apologists stopped using that silly argument ages ago. Get with the times.
Abolish The Fed wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to gluten and absorption of vitamins and minerals so shut your pie hole
Selenium in take cab reduce occurrence of breast cancer by 82%, everytime someone comes around with a stupid pink ribbon I tell them that
and then i get the "duh, what's selenium"?
PsedoScience bull [email protected] if you want to waste your money on gluten-free products, have at it. There's a sucker born every minute.

And for the record, this is why we don't feed the trolls, folks.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#70563 Mar 31, 2014
Studies also suggest that it is not the Sugar leading to onset of DM but rather fat having the more detrimental effect.

Sugar is the fable.
As in laying of Sugar will not slow the process.
Reducing fat intake will.

Icecream is fat + Sugar that people wil overeat.
In nature such combinations are not found and nobody would just eat such massive amounts of Sugar or of fat in seperate form.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70564 Mar 31, 2014
MAAT wrote:
Studies also suggest that it is not the Sugar leading to onset of DM but rather fat having the more detrimental effect.
Sugar is the fable.
In nature such combinations are not found and nobody would just eat such massive amounts of Sugar or of fat in seperate form.
It just occurred to me that I didn't give ATF enough credit. He might actually be one of the charlatans who peddle this pseudo-scientific [email protected] for profit, in which case, he has a vested interested in willful ignorance.

Location hidden

#70566 Mar 31, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
It just occurred to me that I didn't give ATF enough credit. He might actually be one of the charlatans who peddle this pseudo-scientific [email protected] for profit, in which case, he has a vested interested in willful ignorance.
ATF ongoing remarks certainly point that way.

I'm kind of relieved to see the pink ribbon bunch f.i. not buying into selenium
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70567 Mar 31, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion, which I define as mans response to spiritual calling, is inseparable from culture. Asking me if another religion would fit me better is like asking me if another culture would fit me better. Since I can not un-immerse myself in my culture, the answer would be no. The issues I have with my own religion are resolvable without leaving the host culture.
I would think that someone adopting a foreign religion would either be rejecting their own host culture, or feel (or do not recognize) that they do not have a host culture.
I cant comment on conversion except for conversion to Judaism, which really isnt a conversion in the Christian sense as much as a repositioning itself into Jewish culture by becoming a member of the Jewish people. Thats very different from the Christian notion of baptism or testifying - which lacks a peoplehood concept(?). Before someone converts to Judaism, they have to study the religion, people, and history, and satisfy their Rabbi (not much different grad school exams in a way - entrance into the grad tribe.).
I have niece who converted to Judaism (her new husband's faith) and they ended up getting divorced. Oh well, guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Guess I understand just my nature to wonder if there might not be another faith/religion/culture that may be MORE awe-inspiring or fit me better! The sky's the limit and all that..

Like a bigger ocean, bluer sky, taller grass. I know you can relate

Never been much of a joiner, except to my wife of 26 years (in May)!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70568 Mar 31, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree - it was directed to the more extreme end of the continuum.
<quoted text>
Who I am to judge someone's subjective experience?... Until they act on it in a way that affects me, or general society.
Like COR said, everyone is batsht crazy. Its what you do with that, that matters.
OTOH if you're interviewing a potential nanny/babysitter for your baby, and she says "Hey look at the pink elephant over there!" You might want to put her at the bottom of the list.

How about the co-worker who comes in everyday and tells your about all the cool stuff god said to him last night? Any better? Could he babysit for you?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70569 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Your very large anti-religion stance speaks volumes of your bad religious experience. There are reformed atheist in religion today, you might find your way back to some belief in the future.
For some reason you dont want to answer the question of "do you love your parents".
To answer formers question, sergios is the best in my opinion, but I don't eat it anymore because I am gluten free.
I was just making sure that other ATF was you because it seemed to come up with a different location, Norwalk then Maryland.

It's funny, you don't believe in government (and that it can actually do some good, despite Medicare and SocSec) but you do believe in god (without a shred of evidence).

I'm an hour away from G'ch/Stamford but will check it out Sergio's next visit.

You are anti-gay as well due to health reasons. You should avoid all sex if you don't want to catch anything.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70571 Mar 31, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Sergio's is okay, if you're into Greek style pizza. And unless you have Celiac disease, your wasting your time with this gluten-free fad.
I like Greek pizza. It's generally thicker than regular Italian (that is not counting Sicilian).

Don't really get the super skinny NYC/New Haven type pizza, Colony Grill etc.

It's ok but I like a slightly more substantial pie!
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70572 Mar 31, 2014
MAAT wrote:
http://www.diabecinn.com/files /2713/1012/3523/Oxidative_stre ss_and_diabetes....pdf
...no control group big enough...
... suggesting deficiency of chromium of vanadium is too simplistic...high intake of Sugar depletes minerals..
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why...
Cocoa has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, which Pereira points out could be a related mechanism—both getting a boost from the polyphenols, the antioxidants in cocoa. Research published earlier this year in Endocrine Abstracts showed that polyphenols in chocolate improved insulin sensitivity even in people who did not have diabetes. Adults consumed 20 grams of either polyphenol-rich or polyphenol-poor dark chocolate. Those with the extra polyphenol boost showed better insulin sensitivity after just a month. "The results imply that dark chocolate might delay or prevent the onset of diabetes and prediabetes," says Farhat, who led the work.
You don't have to quote me any studies, I have seen it first hand do wonders for blood sugar. To the point where type 2 diabetics no longer need insulin.
Its ok, keep living in MD directed allopathic reductionist wonderland, ill live in my world of cures just fine.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70573 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
I love the black man
See, now why did his first two postings say Stamford and this one said Norwalk?

Fake ATF.
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70574 Mar 31, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just making sure that other ATF was you because it seemed to come up with a different location, Norwalk then Maryland.
It's funny, you don't believe in government (and that it can actually do some good, despite Medicare and SocSec) but you do believe in god (without a shred of evidence).
I'm an hour away from G'ch/Stamford but will check it out Sergio's next visit.
You are anti-gay as well due to health reasons. You should avoid all sex if you don't want to catch anything.
Sergios closes at 10pm.
When did I tell you about my beliefs?
I don't care where you stick your wee wee, doesn't affect my life one way or another.

Location hidden

#70575 Mar 31, 2014
More about gluten intolerance (i do take that serious CoR)

http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/cul-wht.htm...
The people from the Uadi el-Natuf Tell of South East Asia (7800 B.C.) provided the first traces of the gradual shift from hunters to grain cultivators.+ obsidian blades.

The genetic replacement of the native European population is marked by the B8 specificity of the HLA system. Cavalli Sforza and co-workers showed that the migration of farmers is paralleled by the diffusion of B8. The frequency of B8 is inversely proportional to the time length of wheat cultivation. In practice B8 appears to be less frequent in populations which have lived on wheat for a longer time, as it is caused by a negative genetic selection in wheat cultivators (7). We are aware that in Ireland, where the wheat cultivation came only 3000 years B.C., a very high frequency of gluten intolerance has been reported.

[...] only a small geographic area (South East Asia) developed gluten-containing cereals.
Rice, mais, sorghum, millet do not contain gluten: no leavened bread was prepared with them: the majority of mankind never lived on bread, as we do know it.

This population, genetically identifiable today by their specific HLA pattern, did not recognized, through their HLA system, the gluten peptide as a tolerable item, but, because of the similarity of some sequences of gliadin peptides with several pathogenic viruses, they generate a complex defense mechanism (an immuno response) which does not eventually find the pathogen to destroy, and most probably activate an auto-immune response which ultimately is the origin of the damage to their intestine and other organs.

[...] it is possible to suggest that it was their very effective HLA Class II system that gave them a selective advantage against infections, which compensated the disadvantage due to gluten intolerance.
---
Cow-milk came even later on the scene.
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70576 Mar 31, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
An MD is in business for profit, you have a problem with people making a profit?

Selenium supplementation has earned a qualified health claim.
Selenium deficiency is the cause of some diseases, the body has arsenic, that's a poison as well what's your point?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70577 Mar 31, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the definition does it say I can't intellectualize something and be in awe of it simultaneously? I do it all the time. You might feel that it detracts from the emotions of the awe, but that's you. For some of us, it does not detract.
I (not surprisingly) agree.

If the thing one happened to be in awe of at the time were say - some great mathematical prowess; Einstein's theories; Stephen Hawkings; and so on - you'd certainly need your brain engaged as well as your emotions.

Of course your emotions are really just thoughts too so...whatever.

Did we decide where we were going with this?

:))
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70578 Mar 31, 2014
MAAT wrote:
Sugar is the fable.
A nutritionally deprived body will have you eat and eat and eat, the body isn't dumb the body wants the right amount of nutrients to be satisfied.

There are some so called 3rd world countries that out live us 1st worlders, having 10 times as many people living beyond 100, and they don't have doctors!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70579 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sergios closes at 10pm.
When did I tell you about my beliefs?
I don't care where you stick your wee wee, doesn't affect my life one way or another.
Well if you don't believe, why give others like you a hard time about it?

You said being gay is not healthy. Same for straight sex.

Less than half of HIV is transmitted via gay sex Mr., Doctor of Health and Nutrition.

Do you consider yourself a troll? Why or why not?
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70580 Mar 31, 2014
More than 55 diseases have been linked to gluten, the protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. It’s estimated that 99% of the people who have either gluten intolerance or celiac disease are never diagnosed.

It is also estimated that as much as 15% of the US population is gluten intolerant. Could you be one of them?

If you have any of the following symptoms it could be a sign that you have gluten intolerance:www.mindbodygreen. com/0-7482/10-signs-youre-glut en-intolerant.html

Location hidden

#70581 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to quote me any studies, I have seen it first hand do wonders for blood sugar. To the point where type 2 diabetics no longer need insulin.
Its ok, keep living in MD directed allopathic reductionist wonderland, ill live in my world of cures just fine.
The DM II probably did all they could to reverse the condition up and including taking chromum (which reduces the food cravings) and a healthier diet.
Unless your's is a double blind study with a large enough group to be statistically significant you can't proof it was just these two substances that worked the change.

MDI and II are genetically very complex, so those aware of that will simply not buy into the supplement hype.
I compare it to a docter stating a lack of kalium (potassium) but not giving this (dangerous) substance but rather taking the systemic route as in remedying the ultimate cause, as the safer and durable route.

Location hidden

#70582 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
A nutritionally deprived body will have you eat and eat and eat, the body isn't dumb the body wants the right amount of nutrients to be satisfied.
There are some so called 3rd world countries that out live us 1st worlders, having 10 times as many people living beyond 100, and they don't have doctors!
They also do not have our diet (using''our' loosely) i'll admit that.
But they do have a need for medication and doctors.

And again i'ld like to see statistics. As far as i know they die at about similar age or about 5 years younger, at least those that get past wars, malaria and other ailments unscafed.
And with access to doctors, hospitals and appropriate medication.

So i wonder where you get those numbers.
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70583 Mar 31, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you don't believe, why give others like you a hard time about it?
You said being gay is not healthy. Same for straight sex.
Less than half of HIV is transmitted via gay sex Mr., Doctor of Health and Nutrition.
Do you consider yourself a troll? Why or why not?
That statement you are trying to infer that straight sex is accountable for the rest? I don't think so popeye, prove your claim. Obviously drug use is a factor but gay sex is far more risky than straight sex.
You can call me whatever you want, atheists are like scorn women.
If you think that humans know all there is to know about life existence in this world, you are just a close minded ignorant dope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nuculur option 1,383,671
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 214,535
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 min They cannot kill ... 8,440
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min IB DaMann 59,529
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6,173
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,442
Observations 2 hr A Noted Observer 34
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Sublime1 102,044
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages