Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,577
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70436 Mar 30, 2014
Carl Sagan and J Oppenheimer were great fans of the Vedas (not of the Torah). LOL.

Location hidden

#70437 Mar 30, 2014
I am glowing all over after the yogic experience that lasted 2 days. It was a unique yogic experience...
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70438 Mar 30, 2014
Saw "The Book of Mormon" last night in Hartford.
Bushnell Center. Nice old venue.

Funny as hell.

South Park guys wrote it so very edgy, bad language, not for everyone.

One of the lines, "I can't believe Jesus just called me a dxck!" (which he did).

They make good fun of those folks but it's also good-natured with some good, funny songs. Bravo!

To my fellow nutmeggers, what's with the cheesy garlic bread up here? It seems like a lot of restaurants and pizza joints have it. I don't recall it growing up in Fairfield County (and definitely not in PA). It may be a Hartford/New Haven thing. It can be pretty good though.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70439 Mar 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I am glowing all over after the yogic experience that lasted 2 days. It was a unique yogic experience...
so unique that you cant wait to trash other religions, as well as to flub your assertions

say nothing of retreating without admitting you boo booed

where can I sign up for such a unique experience?

Location hidden

#70440 Mar 30, 2014
former res wrote:
Funny as hell.
One of the lines, "I can't believe Jesus just called me a dxck!" (which he did).
They make good fun of those folks but it's also good-natured with some good, funny songs. Bravo!
To my fellow nutmeggers, what's with the cheesy garlic bread up here? It seems like a lot of restaurants and pizza joints have it. I don't recall it growing up in Fairfield County (and definitely not in PA). It may be a Hartford/New Haven thing. It can be pretty good though.
might be related to the white pizza concept which is definitely not rooted in Fairfield county

Location hidden

#70441 Mar 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
TORAH REJECTED BY UNESCO
1) The Rig Veda manuscripts from Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Pune, India, have been selected for inscription in UNESCO's “Memory of the World”.
2) A tall Dancing Shiva bronze with Capra's detailed description , depicting the cycles of particle-anti particle annihilations, has been put up at the CERN campus.
(The filthy Torah and the ugly Menorah sit in the refuse bin with other Jewish rejects. LOL)
still nothing to back up your claims about Bohm

Its ok - I accept your surrender

just wish you werent such a coward like Huggie (I.e. admit you are wrong when you are wrong)

Location hidden

#70442 Mar 30, 2014
ONCE AGAIN

The yogic experience has begun again just an hour ago after a few hours of respite. The force of the higher consciousness is vibrating rapidly above the head region where lie the planes of the higher consciousness-force. Let me see how long this yogic experience lasts and what new features it brings in.

The previous yogic experience that lasted a full 2 days and which ceased today morning brought on the following experiences:

1) Nonlocal consciousness by opening up of my body's force field to the force fields of external nature,

2) Abstinence of food for 2 days as the body's energy supply was replenished by the descent of the higher force into my body and by the energy of external nature flowing into my body and

3) Superhuman strength to such an extent that my arms, abdomen and legs felt like they were made of steel and the neck region too experienced much of this great strength.

Need to assimilate the new descent of the higher consciousness-force.

The higher consciousness-force with light, subtle sounds and heat is just beginning to enter the head region from its station above the head.

Later.

Location hidden

#70443 Mar 30, 2014
typo

abstinence FROM food

Location hidden

#70444 Mar 30, 2014
In nondualism, when the complete union in consciousness of the individual self with the supreme self is forged, the yogi, after descending from the trance says; "I am the Godhead", "I am THAT", "I am the Absolute" or "I am the Supreme Being" among other such assertions.

Location hidden

#70445 Mar 30, 2014
I am finding it difficult to type. Later.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70446 Mar 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
might be related to the white pizza concept which is definitely not rooted in Fairfield county
We had white pizza in PA too. I think you have to be a real garlic lover for that. Once in a while will get one with spinach or broccoli or whatever. Try to pretend it's healthy!

My sis says she like the cheesy garlic bread so maybe we always had it down there and I just don't remember it from my youth.

Still miss walking in and ordering an Italian Hoagie. Now that's a Phila thing. "Hog Island" laborers named it I think.) And they call cold sandwiches "grinders" up here - truly odd. Back in Philly you only say grinder for something coming out of the over with melted chees over meatballs, sausage of whatever.(No subs or heroes in Phila. Cold > hoagie; hot > grinder, Period).

Much ponding and pooling of water in the backyard. Both cars nicely rinsed though - and they needed it!

Location hidden

#70447 Mar 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
ONCE AGAIN
3) Superhuman strength to such an extent that my arms, abdomen and legs felt like they were made of steel and the neck region too experienced much of this great strength.
https://www.google.com/search...
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70448 Mar 30, 2014
Enjoy this brief musical interlude:

Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#70449 Mar 30, 2014
former res wrote:
Funny as hell.
Sergios has delicious garlic bread with cheese, its a cheap addition to salad.

Location hidden

#70450 Mar 30, 2014
former res wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xlbDHejQFV4XX
Unbelievable!

Location hidden

#70451 Mar 30, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta watch those pennies...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70452 Mar 30, 2014
former res wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xlbDHejQFV4XX
I've been wanting to see this in NYC for a while, but tickets are hard to come by and prices are crazy.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70453 Mar 30, 2014
Christians, You’re Not Victims

From what I read and hear, conservative evangelical Christians are feeling victimized by developments in American culture and in the ways they are being treated under new anti-discrimination laws. In ever greater numbers, they are appealing to the courts to grant them “relief” from regulations that they feel violates their freedom of religion.“Religious liberty” has become the rallying cry for a legal “remedy” to the violation of what they see as their freedom to practice their religion.

It is understandable that religious conservatives would feel uncomfortable and unsettled by recent developments in the church and in the culture. But are they victims? Is there, as many would claim, a “war on religion?”...

http://news.yahoo.com/christians-not-victims-...

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#70454 Mar 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The Straight Dope: Can you be an atheist and still be Jewish?
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1503...
Why I am an ((Jewish)) agnostic theist
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/blog/rabbis-w...
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/90...
Modern Jewish Views.
In all essentials, modern Judaism shares the position of Maimonides. It regards all attempts at descriptive connotations of the Godhead as anthropomorphic makeshifts to find words for a thought which in reality is beyond the power of human tongue adequately to convey. God is. In Himself, He is unknowable. In so far as He is in relation to our own self, the life of Israel, the human family, and the world, He is known. Up to a certain point, then, Judaism is agnostic. It parts company with Agnosticism at the point where the certitude of our own immediate consciousness of the reality beyond the limited range of sensational experience is called into doubt. By the light of this consciousness, which is an immediate datum, by the facts of his own identity and persistency as a conscious entity in time and space—yet withal above time and space, and constituted into a moral personality by the additional data of Israel's history and the guidance of the world and humanity—the Jew, in accordance with Judaism's doctrine, draws the warrant for predicating in his faltering human language the existence of that "power not ourselves making for righteousness," paraphrasing attributes which agnostic metaphysics, in its confusion of the implications and the limitations of knowledge, refuses to admit. The Unknowable God, through the medium of human cognition, is apprehended as the God who is, and, as existing, is known by analogy and brought nearer to man by symbolism rooted in human experience and human self-consciousness
rabbee: G-D is only as unknowable, as you refuse to know THEM. G-D is only as un-seeable, as you refuse to see THEM. G-D is only as un-hearable as you refuse to hear THEM. why does G-D not want anything to do, with you who all want nothing to do with THEM? G-D is not the one, who alienated themselves from G-D.

last i heard, those who are alleged as jews are those who say yes to G-D. so how can any atheist saying no to G-D, ever be considered as a jew? it is far easier to know G-D, than it is to know yourself without THEM.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70455 Mar 30, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Where it be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,142,114
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 180,677
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min mdbuilder 48,456
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,770
nazi fascist star folks knashing their teeth 1 hr MomFascistsHere 10
Barry knew Goober before he did'nt know Goober 1 hr Rowdy Yates 5
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr Forever Yours 34
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]