Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70307 Mar 27, 2014
I am going out. Later.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70308 Mar 27, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I am going out. Later.
But yet you couldnt post a link to support your statement about Torah

Coward.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70309 Mar 27, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Well the riff raff (like Frijoles, Former, Eric and COR) who're your favorite debating partners have not the least respect for you as a person or for your beliefs. They simply use you as a source of cheap entertainment.
Had you better sense, you'd have sought out more refined company to talk with than these riff raffs (like Frijoles, Former, Eric and COR).
Don't you have anyone better in your family or in your office to intelligently talk with on a regular basis than these low grade jokers here?
Seek and you shall find....
Actually you're the one we have no respect for.

We like HuggyBear.

Huggy and I have genuine affection for one another,

Leave us be now.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70310 Mar 27, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are not that clueless after all!
I still bet I'd rather meet and spend time with Huggy.

At least I could tease and make fun of him in person!

Joel would just want to impress me with his good-looking, long legged, well dressed friends and fancy stores and night clubs.

Way too vain and superficial. And a true intellectual lightweight!

At least Huggy has some sort of religious principles that he seems to believe in - whatever they are - nobody knows.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70311 Mar 27, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the internet is even worse than the 24 news channel. Gotta post content. And obviously the jr reporters, probably kids (interns), are not very knowledgeable about the greater world.
That said, I think it would of been a much better article had the writer at least asked the organizers how this was different than Tantra. Many people who practice yoga probably had the same question.
A guy named Jeff Wise posted an articled to Slate that annoyed me last week.
He had called an article "Wrong" that theorized a fire onboard the Malaysia plane (I posted that article here a week or so ago and said I thought it made sense) took it down.

I sent him a note and told him his article didn't convince the other article was wrong and would he write a new article admitting he was wrong if it turns out the other guy was right!

He said yes and that his Slate editor had already arranged a follow up piece. That satisfied me.

Check this out. When you have some time. It's truly chilling. From the Air France crash a few years back. State of the art plane with only a minor technical issue early on in the event, The only way out of stall is to point the nose down but the instinct is to do the opposite, Jeff Wise wrote this as well. I didn't realize that until just now.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/av...
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70312 Mar 27, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding is that one of the "abortifacients" is an IUD, shouldnt be that controversial.
I agree, if Hobby Lobby was actually ethical, they would give their employees a choice to go on the exchange. But they are not. This is about control of employees and a strike against Obamacare. That said, why would you willingly work for a place like that if you didnt buy in to their paradigm? This isnt like a Catholic hospital where health care is technically divorced from the ownership. But then again, the slippery slope...
<quoted text>
A very tightly held family-run company with almost 600 stores. With that many stores, I doubt it is that it really is that family controlled. They can claim it is, but really.....
You're right. I guess the key for them is "after conception."

The owners of Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties don't have a problem with offering insurance that covers most forms of birth control, but they aren't willing to cover emergency contraceptives — like Plan B or ella -- or IUDs. Hobby Lobby contends its "religious beliefs prohibit them from providing health coverage for contraceptive drugs and devices that end human life after conception." The question these cases are seeking to solve is whether for-profit companies have a right to exercise religious freedom under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, a federal law passed in 1993 that states the “Government shall not substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion even if the burden results from a rule of general applicability." If they do, does the government have a compelling interest to override it in this instance?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Along with civil rights, we have freedom of religious practice. So at what point does one get to trump the other?

Guess we'll find out.

BTW I always heard that Catholic hospitals were either not willing to or much less likely to "pull the plug" on someone (regardless of patient or family wishes). I've heard this has changed but would tend to avoid one if I had a choice at the time..

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70313 Mar 27, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

But yet you couldnt post a link to support your statement about Torah

Coward.
What do you find "admirable" about the Torah?

Give me 1 teaching from Torah that's original, profound and spiritual.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70314 Mar 27, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually you're the one we have no respect for.

We like HuggyBear.
Had you respected me, I'd have felt that I'm dragged down to the filthy level of menial workers, brainless idiots and immoral subhuman types like yourself.

Keep your respect and love and admiration for Hugh - both of you stand on the same inferior and degraded level in all respects.

LMAO

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70315 Mar 27, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

If a tree lands in a forest and noone is there to her it, is it real?
If a brainless idiot like you is awarded a PhD in a scientific discipline (by some junk American university with pathetic academic standards) when you're evidently unfit to answer even junior high school questions in Math, Physics and Chem, isn't it a joke?

You have the intelligence level of a salesman, a waiter or a politician.

LOL.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#70316 Mar 27, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Monotheism

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70317 Mar 27, 2014
QUESTIONS:

1) Is euthanasia a moral act? Why?

2) Is capital punishment a moral act? Why?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#70321 Mar 27, 2014
ADAM: Monotheism

JOEL: LOL.

Judaism is monolatristic not monotheistic.

Ok, now, let me test your IQ/reasoning skills:

ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS

1) Monolatry or monotheism ends in dualism - is dualism a rational doctrine? Why or why not?

2) What is reality? Why?

3) How did this universe come into existence? Why?(give a plausible hypothesis/theory)

4) Where is G-d? Of what substance is this G-d of the Torah made up of?

5) How does this G-d causally connect with energy/matter?

6) Are these statements logical?-

A) Effect is nothing else but the cause itself in partial or in complete manifestation.

B) Cause should be at least as great as the effect in terms of information content.

(smiles in advance)

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70322 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

Monotheism
What's admirable, profound and spiritually refined about monotheism?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70323 Mar 27, 2014
A powerful force of the higher consciousness is descending into me with a subtle sound and a brilliant golden-white light from the superior planes of consciousness that lie above the head region. Let me see if it leads to trance or if it simply tries to open up either the forehead center or the cardiac center....

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#70324 Mar 27, 2014
I'm going to lie down...the pressure of the descending force of the higher consciousness is getting too much to bear and I'm slipping into an indrawn state that may soon lead to waking trance. The heat, sound, light created by the dynamic descent of the force of the higher consciousness from above the head and the resultant opening up of the force centers in the brain and along the spine are too overpowering for now. Bye.

Adam 36

Location hidden

#70326 Mar 27, 2014
JOEL wrote:
ADAM: Monotheism
JOEL: LOL.
Judaism is monolatristic not monotheistic.
Ok, now, let me test your IQ/reasoning skills:
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS
1) Monolatry or monotheism ends in dualism - is dualism a rational doctrine? Why or why not?
2) What is reality? Why?
3) How did this universe come into existence? Why?(give a plausible hypothesis/theory)
4) Where is G-d? Of what substance is this G-d of the Torah made up of?
5) How does this G-d causally connect with energy/matter?
6) Are these statements logical?-
A) Effect is nothing else but the cause itself in partial or in complete manifestation.
B) Cause should be at least as great as the effect in terms of information content.
(smiles in advance)
1) Dualism contradicts monotheism
2) Whatever you think it is
3) Big bang. Because the Master of the Universe decided so.
4) G-d of the Torah is incorporeal
5) The Master of the Universe is the prime mover of all.
6) To a believer yes, since no one can either prove it so or not so
A) ok
B) maybe

Adam 36

Location hidden

#70327 Mar 27, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What's admirable, profound and spiritually refined about monotheism?
It changed man's thinking of the universe and his place in it.

Location hidden

#70329 Mar 27, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
deflection

You asserted a connection between pop Tantra and the Torah. I asked you elaborate.

FOS as usual.

Location hidden

#70330 Mar 27, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I still bet I'd rather meet and spend time with Huggy.
At least I could tease and make fun of him in person!
Joel would just want to impress me with his good-looking, long legged, well dressed friends and fancy stores and night clubs.
Way too vain and superficial. And a true intellectual lightweight!
At least Huggy has some sort of religious principles that he seems to believe in - whatever they are - nobody knows.
I agree Huggy would be more amusing in person, though I would be wary that he would try to drug me, kidnap me, and force me to wear tights to his church.

Location hidden

#70331 Mar 27, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
A guy named Jeff Wise posted an articled to Slate that annoyed me last week.
He had called an article "Wrong" that theorized a fire onboard the Malaysia plane (I posted that article here a week or so ago and said I thought it made sense) took it down.
I sent him a note and told him his article didn't convince the other article was wrong and would he write a new article admitting he was wrong if it turns out the other guy was right!
He said yes and that his Slate editor had already arranged a follow up piece. That satisfied me.
Check this out. When you have some time. It's truly chilling. From the Air France crash a few years back. State of the art plane with only a minor technical issue early on in the event, The only way out of stall is to point the nose down but the instinct is to do the opposite, Jeff Wise wrote this as well. I didn't realize that until just now.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/av...
wow - ouch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,458,372
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 min boundary painter 1,954
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 min SweLL GirL 9,847
Word (Dec '08) 12 min boundary painter 6,838
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 15 min boundary painter 3,447
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 20 min boundary painter 2,277
abby12-5-16 24 min boundary painter 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 104,506

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web