Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
63,341 - 63,360 of 68,862 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70089
Mar 25, 2014
 
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/25/calling_the_c...

Atheists have their number: How the Christian right is hastening religion’s decline

Research suggests Americans raised in Christian households are increasingly shunning the faith of their parents
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70090
Mar 25, 2014
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the WB is something like 20% Jewish, and 80% Arab. But like I said, this is a snapshot in time. Would Crimea be 58% Russian in 1942? Sure, its 58% Russian NOW, but that is just because they got rid their Tatars over the years. Why does Carter give a free pass to Russia but not to Israel?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Tatar_di...
"....The Crimean Tatar diaspora dates back to the annexation of Crimea by Russia in 1783, after which Crimean Tatars emigrated in a series of waves spanning the period from 1783 to 1917. The diaspora was largely the result of the destruction of their social and economic life as a consequence of integration into the Russian Empire.
The Soviet Union brought about the final dispersal of Crimean Tatars in 1944, in the midst of the World War II, when it deported all Tatars remaining in the Crimea to Central Asia. This population is considered an exiled community rather than a diaspora..."
Doesn't look like a comparable situation.

They would vote to be annexed; the WB would not. So it's mutual. We aren't talking about 1942, we're talking now

If you really want to go back to 1942 - guess what that means for Israel itself?

Truman admitted his recognition was mostly political for his future re-election.

Russia is landlocked 2/3 of the year. They want that warm water port. Who's going to say they can't have it?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70091
Mar 25, 2014
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Arab League summit opens with row over Palestinian support
Summit draft resolution 'categorically' refuses to recognize Israel as Jewish state, rejects all pressure on Palestinian leadership' to accept demand.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-450...
Marshall predicted war if Truman recognized and I think it happened the next day.

Don't know the answer or the solution. Not sure if anyone does.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70092
Mar 25, 2014
 
The first major action was the joint intervention, allegedly on behalf of the majority Arab population that was being uprooted as the State of Israel emerged in 1948 (and in response to popular outcry in the Arab world), although in fact a main participant in this intervention, Transjordan, had agreed with the Israelis to divide up the Arab Palestinian state proposed by the UN General Assembly...

At the Beirut Summit on 28 March 2002, the league adopted the Arab Peace Initiative,[24] a Saudi-inspired peace plan for the Arab–Israeli conflict. The initiative offered full normalization of the relations with Israel. In exchange, Israel was required to withdraw from all occupied territories, including the Golan Heights, to recognize Palestinian independence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, with East Jerusalem as its capital, as well as a "just solution" for the Palestinian refugees. The Peace Initiative was again endorsed at 2007 in the Riyadh Summit. In July 2007, the Arab League sent a mission, consisting of the Jordanian and Egyptian foreign ministers, to Israel to promote the initiative

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League#Fore...

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70093
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

I doubt Buddha or Jesus had shoelaces
The meaning is clear.

Well, put in another way, Moses is unfit to sit at the feet of Jesus and Jesus is unfit to sit at the feet of the Buddha.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70094
Mar 25, 2014
 
It's too noisy in here. I am enjoying myself.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70095
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ATHEISM WILL FAIL IN THE LONGER RUN

Atheism is on the rise, in particular in the West, since it's very easy to show that it's illogical to believe in an extra-cosmic Judeo-Christian deity (HaShem) who creates from nothing and who in spite of not having a causal link with his cosmos yet somehow manages to rule over it.

Besides, the G-d of the Bible is a cruel tyrant and this fact that's printed in bold in the Bible is what puts off many more people and so for all these reasons atheism is growing at a high rate.

However, at the same time, atheism is bound to fail in the longer run since atheism hasn't a clue regarding the nature/basis of consciousness, the origin of the universe, the question of the fine tuning of the universe, the emergence of sentience in matter, the appearance of sentient creatures, the total incomprehension of the phenomenon of death, the inability to explain verifiable past life memories, the inability to create sentience from scratch, the inability to revive a clinically dead brain, the incapacity to isolate (or transfer or transplant or store or quantify) consciousness and the failure to resurrect a corpse among other unanswered queries of fundamental importance.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70096
Mar 25, 2014
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't look like a comparable situation.
They would vote to be annexed; the WB would not. So it's mutual. We aren't talking about 1942, we're talking now
If you really want to go back to 1942 - guess what that means for Israel itself?
Truman admitted his recognition was mostly political for his future re-election.
Russia is landlocked 2/3 of the year. They want that warm water port. Who's going to say they can't have it?
You cant compare both nations in terms of the same year, but rather in the terms of the same stage of development.

Israel needs the West Bank to buffer against attack on its thin coastal strip. So there is geocontext as well.

Anyway, the point I am making isnt about Israel, or about Crimea (I surely understand its importance to Russia), its about Carter's hypocrisy. i.e. that he is willing to reward one nation for successfully cleansing and then aggrandizing, but then condemn another for basically doing the same thing (but in an earlier stage of development). The more prudent thing to do, given his public record, on his level, would be to withhold comment.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70097
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TEST OF A TRUE PROPHET

1) A true prophet should be a knower of the entire past, present and future (through the yogic vision).

2) A true prophet should have the yogic power to instantly neutralize adverse circumstances in and around him without saying a word and without indulging in violence.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70098
Mar 25, 2014
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Marshall predicted war if Truman recognized and I think it happened the next day.
Don't know the answer or the solution. Not sure if anyone does.
The conflict was well ensconced even before the state was recognized, so I dont think it took much of a genius to make such a statement - just someone with eyes wide open.

Before the Arab spring, I did have some hopes. But now I am convinced that the Arabs will never in our lifetimes get their sht together. And am somewhat disgusted that portions of the outside population waste valuable energy condemning Israel through boycotts etc for activities that pale in comparison to the death and destruction occurring daily in the rest of the Muslim world.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70099
Mar 25, 2014
 
former res wrote:
At the Beirut Summit on 28 March 2002, the league adopted the Arab Peace Initiative,[24] a Saudi-inspired peace plan for the Arab–Israeli conflict. The initiative offered full normalization of the relations with Israel. In exchange, Israel was required to withdraw from all occupied territories, including the Golan Heights, to recognize Palestinian independence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, with East Jerusalem as its capital, as well as a "just solution" for the Palestinian refugees. The Peace Initiative was again endorsed at 2007 in the Riyadh Summit. In July 2007, the Arab League sent a mission, consisting of the Jordanian and Egyptian foreign ministers, to Israel to promote the initiative
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League#Fore...
Except that Israel does not agree that all the "territories" are occupied (there are ancestral claims), probably would never seriously consider giving up the Golan (couldnt even imagine it now considering the major war being fought in Syria), and East Jerusalem is usually interpreted as the Old City itself (would never happen).

So, in essence, the Saudis were promoting something that any student of the middle east, including them, and certainly Marshall would know to be a nonstarter.

Dunno what the answer either. Was more hopeful before the Arab spring.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70100
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Politics is the last refuge of scoundrels.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70101
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I would love to see a borderless world in which religion has been overthrown by reason and reason has been replaced in a sizeable number of people with an omnijective perception that does away with crude inferences and shallow logic by dissolving the subject-object divide. If these aforementioned superior conditions can be gradually established in a significant section of the world's population, it will signal a huge evolutionary jump in consciousness from a crude state of existence to one that's nearer to perfection.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70102
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I would love to see a borderless world in which religion has been overthrown by reason and reason has been replaced in a sizeable number of people with an omnijective perception that does away with crude inferences and shallow logic by dissolving the subject-object divide. If these aforementioned superior conditions can be gradually established in a significant section of the world's population, it will signal a huge evolutionary jump in consciousness from a crude state of existence to one that's nearer to perfection.
Practice what you whine.

Try lasting a full day without posting crude inferences.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70103
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

GIVE UP THE STUPIDITY OF DIVISION

Clinging to stolen land, land grabbing, executing genocidal wars, indulging in racism and engineering false flags owe their origin to imperialism, greed and religious mumbo jumbo.

The ME is the crucible of conflagration since 5 or 6 decades owing to the clashes over land, religious nonsense and racist tendencies.

As long as the savage instinct of "they" versus "us" exists we'll see greater instability and numerous wars leading to heightened instability in the region that'll affect the economies of all nations and could lead to global conflicts.

The minute we see everyone sans our innate racist biases and recognize everyone's fundamental right to co-exist and to be given a fair deal and the instant we stop viewing peoples and events through the warped spectacles of religious nonsense and replace this false vision with a true consciousness that perceives the underlying natural law of unity in variety, then the wounded world will begin healing and peace and unity will begin suffuse the world.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70104
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Practice what you whine.

Try lasting a full day without posting crude inferences.
With or without inferences, it can be easily shown that the Hebrew Bible is flawed based as it is on a borrowed Babylonian dualism that as known is pure BS and that Moses is not fit to sit at the feet of Jesus. LOL.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70105
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CRUX OF EXISTENCE:

The minute we see everyone sans our innate racist biases and recognize everyone's fundamental right to co-exist and to be given a fair deal and the instant we stop viewing peoples and events through the warped spectacles of religious nonsense and replace this false vision with a true consciousness that perceives the underlying natural law of unity in variety, then the wounded world will begin healing and peace and unity will begin to suffuse the world.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70106
Mar 25, 2014
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant compare both nations in terms of the same year, but rather in the terms of the same stage of development.
Israel needs the West Bank to buffer against attack on its thin coastal strip. So there is geocontext as well.
Anyway, the point I am making isnt about Israel, or about Crimea (I surely understand its importance to Russia), its about Carter's hypocrisy. i.e. that he is willing to reward one nation for successfully cleansing and then aggrandizing, but then condemn another for basically doing the same thing (but in an earlier stage of development). The more prudent thing to do, given his public record, on his level, would be to withhold comment.
He's only a hypocrite if the situations are comparable. I've dealt with that.

What does his Nobel Peace Prize have to do with this?!

:))

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70107
Mar 25, 2014
 
The grandest prophet the world has known is the Buddha.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70108
Mar 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Not a single prophet of any religion is fit to sit at the feet of the sublime Buddha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••