Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,986
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69442 Mar 15, 2014
ORIGIN OF THE UNIVERSE

PART 1

K = 48G^2M^2/c^4r^6 ..........1)

where K = Kretschmann scalar and the other symbols have their usual meanings.

This mathematical relationship posted above is based on Newton's law of universal gravitation,

F(M, m)= GMm/r^2..........2)

where G = universal gravitation constant = 6.67384 × 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2

On rearranging the terms on the right hand side of equation (1), we get:

K =(48/c^4) x (GM/r^2)^2 x (1/r^2)

But, GM/r^2 = g

Therefore, K =(48 g^2)/(c^4 x r^2)

Since, g and c are constants, thus K is inversely proportional to r^2 which is the inverse square law followed by equation 2 above.

Location hidden

#69443 Mar 15, 2014
PART 2:

If at the center of the massive body, r = 0, or if r = r(s), where r(s)= Schwarzschild radius, then K becomes infinite which results in infinite spacetime reducing to a singularity and in this superdense state spacetime is ill-defined with all the laws of physics breaking down.

If applied to the universe, the pre-BB singularity would indicate a creator creating the universe.

GR is limited by the dreaded singularity.

QM makes a better case by disallowing a particle from occupying a space lesser than its wavelength.

Thus, in the alternative view of the origin of the universe, or rather of the multiverse, QM vacuum is a state of "nothing" which encompasses faint EM waves and of virtual particles popping in and out of the false vacuum with symmetry breaking (in the continuous annihilation of matter-anti matter mechanism) taking place at the instant when the vacuum's innate population of particles exceeds the number of antiparticles on account of slower decay rate of the former when compared to the latter. So, cosmic inflation sets in resulting in formation of a true vacuum via BB which leads to the subsequent evolution of spacetime.

Location hidden

#69445 Mar 15, 2014
PART 3:

The QM vacuum state of nothing is called so since its overall energy is 0 on account of the fact that gravitational energy (gravitation arises due to curvature of spacetime) does negative work while matter does positive work and so the net energy of the isolated system turns out to be 0 as they're perfectly balanced and as such the law of the conservation of energy remains unviolated.

Cosmic inflation has to have a beginning but can proceed forever in the forward direction since as one retraces the path backwards it's mathematically observed that the mass of a massive object slows down as it approaches c and so it can never exceed c. So, cosmic inflation commenced in the vacuum but will perpetuate in the form of the expanding universe until dark energy keeps up its anti-gravitational effect.

Location hidden

#69446 Mar 15, 2014
FORMER,

I'll reply after some time.

Bye.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69447 Mar 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the part of the story where they were building a publicly funded church in the 911 museum. Of course, there are quite a few publicly funded places of worship in the US -- at least one on every major military post. Many in public hospitals. Others are just historical sites that receive public renovation funds (the Old North Church in Massachusetts for example).
Historical sites are not often used as shrines. They could be, but usually not.

Hospitals almost always cater to any denomination or religion that requests space.

Miltitary bases are a whole other issue. In case you are not aware, the US Air Force is rife with "born agains", been proven discriminatory, and has been subject to legal action as a result, primarily from a Jewish guy. Chaplains, on the other hand, are interdenominational in who they serve, and by all indications, represent a successful program.
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>American battlefields like Pearl Harbour and Gettysburg receive public funding and have crosses on them. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to call the site of the WTC an American battlefield.
I wonder where the line is between a monument (a historical appreciation) and a shrine ( a religious appreciation). Also, I am not sure what is so historical about Christians dying in the WTC. Thats wasnt the storyline. To me, the cross is more about a shrine, i.e. a religious place of worship.

I am fine with a cross at the WTC museum (as a shrine). However, I am NOT fine with excluding any other group that requests their shrine in return. Once the door is opened, it should be open to anyone.

Location hidden

#69449 Mar 15, 2014
aegege wrote:
jews do not own that land, i'm ashamed europe supports isreal in any way.
isreal is the creation of the most evil and genocidal family in the world. it's the creation of the rothschild family. anyone can examine this.
google for balfour decleration and press pictures, rothschild family owns isreal.
aegege

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#69450 Mar 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7XrRyqses5UXX
are you a fucking idiot. This are serious matters!
It's about world domination and those who own the money system.

This is the balfour decleration open to see for everyone. You don't need the protocols of the elders of zion to prove this.

Balfour decleration signed by Rotshchild family. Rothschild family made the contract, says something about the power the rothschild family had as a banking family.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Anyone can examine how Rothschild have caused wars earlier on.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#69451 Mar 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
...I am fine with a cross at the WTC museum (as a shrine). However, I am NOT fine with excluding any other group that requests their shrine in return. Once the door is opened, it should be open to anyone.
I agree. But what is an "atheist shrine"? A golden idol of the flying spaghetti monster? A huge alabaster question mark?

It sounds a bit oxymoronic.

Location hidden

#69452 Mar 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
PART 3:
...Cosmic inflation has to have a beginning ....
The origin of comic inflation is easy to understand ... G-d printed too many stars and devalued the present inventories.

Eventually, it will be controlled by a combination of wage controls, supply side monetary policies and a strict program of monetarism.

Location hidden

#69453 Mar 15, 2014
aegege wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the balfour decleration open to see for everyone. You don't need the protocols of the elders of zion to prove this.
Balfour decleration signed by Rotshchild family. Rothschild family made the contract, says something about the power the rothschild family had as a banking family.
Oh no! He's ON to us! Call Mossad!

Location hidden

#69454 Mar 15, 2014
aegege wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are a serious loon

seriously

Location hidden

#69455 Mar 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But what is an "atheist shrine"? A golden idol of the flying spaghetti monster? A huge alabaster question mark?
It sounds a bit oxymoronic.
I am not sure they wanted so much a shrine as a listing of prominent atheists

But if it is a shrine, who are we to judge? They feel the same way about the cross.

Location hidden

#69456 Mar 15, 2014
aegege wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, I actually took you seriously until I remembered it was Purim. You are good - you had me going for a while thinking you were really an uncouth loon. Chag sameach to you too.

Location hidden

#69457 Mar 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure they wanted so much a shrine as a listing of prominent atheists
But if it is a shrine, who are we to judge? They feel the same way about the cross.
All religious iconography is symbolic -- some more so than others. I don't find a cross any more or less offensive as the yin yang, the karmic wheel, a swastika (the original one) or the golden arches.

Atheism, at it's core, is a desire not to be included in the world of religion or faith-based ideologies and that is a great thing. An ideology based on no preconceptions would be a great thing. That is why I find it so ironic that a radical atheist's response to religious culture is either "I don't have something so you can't have something" or "if you have something I want to have it too". At best it's ironic, at worst it's petulant and childish.

I don't believe that the inclusion of religious iconography is a publicly funded museum constitutes either making a law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. I also believe that attempting to erase any hint of religious culture from any public institution is reductio ad absurdum of the First Amendment.

Location hidden

#69458 Mar 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

All religious iconography is symbolic -- some more so than others. I don't find a cross any more or less offensive as the yin yang, the karmic wheel, a swastika (the original one) or the golden arches.
Brainless Idiot,

Do you find a menorah or a shofar as offensive as a cross, swastika or the yin yang?

Location hidden

#69459 Mar 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

The origin of comic inflation is easy to understand ... G-d printed too many stars and devalued the present inventories.
Get back to your menial job with G-d tucked deep inside your butt crack, Ok?

Location hidden

#69460 Mar 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

This all sounds reasonable enough and I'm inclined to agree.
Every material object, sentient or insentient, radiates energy into its surroundings and receives energy for its environment.

After death, it's reasonable to suppose that part of the energy would be used up to decompose the body and part would radiate into the surroundings.

Life after death as a sentient entity appears unlikely since once the brain's electrical field leaves the body, assuming it does so after death, the causal contact of the electrical field with the brain is snapped and so it's most likely that the sentience dies out (remembering that sentience is an activity of complex neuronal networking) and the little sentience that's left over as part of the exited electrical field that soon gets extinguished unless this field with its remnant sentience merges with the energy field of a living organism - in such a case it could be possible for it to continue its existence in the neuronal energy field of the living person.

All said and done, the bottom line is this - sentience, life or consciousness are products of matter in various stages of organization.

There's nothing mystical about anything.

Location hidden

#69461 Mar 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

But as with the existence of some sort of supernatural power, I don't think we can say with 100% certainty either way.

Do you?
"Supernatural" is simply a word used by people who fail to understand the intricate workings of energy/matter.

By this yardstick, gravity was a supernatural phenomenon before the time of Newton.

So, if by supernatural is meant a mystical substance then it's unlikely that such a substance can exist since the evidence from every perspective points to energy/matter constituting the essential stuff of the universe.

So, what is this supernatural substance?

How does this so-called supernatural substance connect with energy/matter?

Religious folks have no answer to any of these questions for obvious reasons....

There're ample ways to demonstrate the material basis of sentience/consciousness.

Consciousness can neither exist on its own nor can it do work since it would need energy/matter to exist and to do work and so consciousness falls under the domain of energy/matter workings and consciousness can be manipulated by drugs, surgery to brain, by hypnosis and by external electrical fields and death of neurons signals the disappearance of consciousness.

Location hidden

#69462 Mar 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

So of those you have clinically "died" and returned have some interesting stories to tell.

I believe there is some commonality in their stories as well.
The commonality in NDE experiences is due to the kick starting of the subconscious in this state when the brain/heart EM activity temporarily enters an ELF (extremely low frequency) that does not show up on recording devices like EEG/ECG.

The light seen during NDE is of EM origin since light of various frequencies is part of the EM spectrum and the familiar faces seen are faces drawn from subconscious memories. Scenes perceived during an NDE are in a way similar to lucid dream state.

Some of our best intuitions come to us during dream state when much of the brain is silent and the rested and memories from our subconscious form more meaningful patterns that make better sense than those formed in the waking state.

Kekule discovered the C6H6 ring structure during dream.

The feeling of freedom in NDE is native to the low energy ELF state.

Location hidden

#69463 Mar 15, 2014
typo

Every material object, sentient or insentient, radiates energy into its surroundings and receives energy FROM its environment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min new yawk 1,153,009
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 23 min Sublime1 19
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Edmond Pulpo 181,698
Deat Abby 12-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 3 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 4 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]