Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,067
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68640 Mar 1, 2014
Why do most people pronounce CONDOM as CON-DIM when the correct pronunciation of the word is CON-DOM with the suffix DOM pronounced as the DOM in DOMINO.

Location hidden

#68641 Mar 1, 2014
Sad. Millions of kids, who're abandoned/abused by parents or due to poverty, get pushed on to the streets where they take to prostitution and drug trafficking and drug addiction.

Location hidden

#68642 Mar 1, 2014
Kids as young as 9 turn to prostitution in many poor parts of the world. Sad.

Location hidden

#68643 Mar 1, 2014
Often, poor parents in the Third World force their young kids, as young as 9 or 11, into prostitution. Sad.

Location hidden

#68644 Mar 1, 2014
Why do many people pronounce GUILT as GUILTH when the correct pronunciation of the word GUILT is GUILT with the T in GUILT pronounced as the T in SILT?

Location hidden

#68645 Mar 1, 2014
Why do many people pronounce COUPON as COU-PIN when the correct pronunciation of the word COUPON is COU-PON with the PON in COU-PON pronounced as PON as in POND?

Location hidden

#68646 Mar 1, 2014
Surprisingly, the famous gold souks in Arab nations usually sell 18 carat gold ornaments which is considered a poor man's choice back here in India where most people who buy gold invest in 23 carat gold jewelery or in 24 carat gold coins/bars.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#68647 Mar 1, 2014
"She had that wonderful ability some older people have of letting her mind run right out her mouth. "Well," she'd say, "here I am with my seat belt buckled up sitting right here in the airplane seat and folding my hands in my lap and I'll move my feet over a little so they're on top of my flight bag and pull my coat over my shoulders, whoops, I'm sitting right on it but I'll just wiggle around a little, like this, and then pull it over my shoulders ... "

for HOURS, all the way to Rostov."

-- "Ship of Fools", P.J. O'Rourke

Location hidden

#68648 Mar 1, 2014
Iranians are among the most intelligent people in the world. I've met quite a few Iranian students at IIT and have read a lot about their intellectual prowess especially in the fields of science and tech. Some of the top grad students at the best engineering and pure science universities in the US are Iranians and there are many top quality Iranian scientists and technologists who live in the western world. Iranians are highly intelligent but are repressed by religion and politics in Iran. Reports say that 70% or more Iranians are atheists. Yes, intelligent people are at heart non-believers and rightly so. Iran does very well at the IMO, IPhO and IChO. More more to the Iranians.

Location hidden

#68649 Mar 1, 2014
Germans, Japanese, South Koreans and Iranians have the intellectual capacity to be the world's leading powerhouses of knowledge. Germany and Japan have already proven their high intellectual worth and most likely figure among the top 3 most advanced nations but they may be reaching a plateau like most other highly developed nations in the world. I guess in the next 2 or 3 decades as Asia overtakes the West in human resources and with greater political changes in nations like Iran that could confer more independence on its people, well, South Korea and Iran could take their rightful place among the world's most intellectual nations. The average national IQ of South Korea at around 107 is the world's highest and a strong indicator of its superior potential, while the Iranian elite is extremely bright.
Oye veh

Ashburn, VA

#68650 Mar 1, 2014
Help, help!
I'm being repressed!

Location hidden

#68653 Mar 1, 2014
In his commentary on the Mishnah, Moses Maimonides formulated "13 principles of faith" two of which are the resurrection of the dead and the coming of the Jewish Messiah. Funny. Funny, indeed. In a future writeup, I'll be demolishing all his 13 principles of faiths.

Location hidden

#68654 Mar 1, 2014
Were those ignorant barbarians who devised the KOSHER dietary laws aware of the fact that food is constituted of classes of chemicals? Did these fools know anything at all about the complicated process of digestion and assimilation and storage of energy and release of energy that take place at the molecular level in the body's digestive tract and which involve scores of complex chemical reactions? Obviously, those brainless Hebrew barbarians claiming to act on behalf of a mythical G-d were clueless. I'll be soundly debunking kosher in a future exegesis.

Location hidden

#68655 Mar 1, 2014
GAYS KEEP IMITATING HETEROSEXUALS

Homosexuals seem to suffer from an inferiority complex given their tendency to imitate the traditions of heterosexuals in areas of marriage or rearing kids.

I find it odd when gays insist on being given the right by law to marry because marriage will not make any difference to a gay relationship who should preferably opt for a live-in arrangement.

Why do gays fight for the right to get married?

Marriage is an ancient contractual institution between man and woman with the sole purposes being procreation and provision of a secure environment for the kids to grow up in.

Homosexuals can not procreate through sexual intercourse for obvious reasons and so why should they insist on being on par with straight couples where the issue of marriage is concerned?

As said earlier, homosexuals should simply go ahead and live in with same sex partners of their choice.

Another strange imitation of heterosexual ways is the habit of many gay couples of wanting to fulfill their natural parental instincts through adoption of kids or begetting of offspring via invitro methods involving a surrogate female who lends her ovum and womb for a high price.

It's a crime to rear kids in a same sex house since for sound psychological and emotional growth a kid needs to be exposed to the natural instinctual sides of male and female parenting in a loving atmosphere.

Experts say that kids brought up by gays usually manifest dysfunctional personalities.

So, at every stage we see gays making desperate attempts to imitate the ways of heterosexual people.

Location hidden

#68656 Mar 2, 2014
TOP 3 MOST DEVELOPED COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD:

1) USA

2) Japan

3) Germany

Location hidden

#68657 Mar 2, 2014
EXPECTED

Israel steals advanced technology secrets from the US and European nations and the stolen technology is then reverse engineered and used by the Israelis to support their own exports with considerably reduced costs. Laughably, Israel has an average national IQ near 93 which is quite low and at the international Math and Science competitions, Israeli students rank low down the scale. LOL.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68658 Mar 2, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
"She had that wonderful ability some older people have of letting her mind run right out her mouth. "Well," she'd say, "here I am with my seat belt buckled up sitting right here in the airplane seat and folding my hands in my lap and I'll move my feet over a little so they're on top of my flight bag and pull my coat over my shoulders, whoops, I'm sitting right on it but I'll just wiggle around a little, like this, and then pull it over my shoulders ... "
sad

very sad

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68659 Mar 2, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip.

― John Kennedy Toole, A Confederacy of Dunces

Location hidden

#68660 Mar 2, 2014
Meanwhile, a British company is in the process of building the world's largest aircraft. The 302ft (92m) Airlander is part plane, airship and helicopter. It can stay in the air for up to three weeks unmanned and is capable of touching down on land or sea.

Location hidden

#68661 Mar 2, 2014
The world's best universities are exclusively located in the US, Western Europe and East Asia as data drawn over many decades consistently show. Not surprising.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Incognito4Ever 1,126,126
Rediscovering Lost Photos From a Long-Ago West End 52 min Great view 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Friv4games 47,494
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr RJS 7,822
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,646
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMerde 50,616
sons of samoa crips vs samoan west side piru bl... 5 hr x8cresx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr jacques Ottawa 179,329
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]