Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,225
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68622 Feb 28, 2014
typo

EM field, not EN field

Location hidden

#68623 Feb 28, 2014
HUGH

Protons are Fermions.

Can 2 protons occupy the same quantum state?

Why or why not?

(smiles)

Location hidden

#68624 Feb 28, 2014
Hugh, leave science alone. You'd better stick to gay bull shit talks and other frivolous exchanges with your dumb gay boy friends on this thread. I hope you don't mind me saying so. Bye. ROFL.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68625 Feb 28, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the north rim is closed in the winter. Or used to be. Havent been around there for at least 10 years. On the south rim they have this parking shuttle and tram thing that wasnt around when I used to go. I used to park near the actual rim.
I have seen many people "rescued" by rangers because they werent up to it. Going down is the hardest on the knees. The other issue is water - people dont understand how much they need during the hot season. Gallons, not pints.
Once, during a windy snow storm, wearing a backback, I almost toppled over a ledge. Nowadays I doubt my knees would take the hike. The beauty of youth!
There is always the option of riding a mule down too. Sucks to hike in back of them, but they are (or used to be) confined to certain trails.
I remember the cowboy guides who worked in the desert carried these tools on their belts - sort of pliar/tweezer thing - for pulling the cactus needles out of the tourists.

Don't know if you've ever been downhill/alpine skiing. Many novices go down the wrong trail/get in over their heads and freak out. Some of them need to be rescued by the Ski Patrol.
Shlomo

New York, NY

#68626 Feb 28, 2014
Why can't you fools stick to the topic?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68627 Feb 28, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the cowboy guides who worked in the desert carried these tools on their belts - sort of pliar/tweezer thing - for pulling the cactus needles out of the tourists.
Don't know if you've ever been downhill/alpine skiing. Many novices go down the wrong trail/get in over their heads and freak out. Some of them need to be rescued by the Ski Patrol.
I found the best thing was to carry a comb in my backpack. What nails you are clumps of Cholla. And the comb catches on the clumps for extraction.

Location hidden

#68628 Feb 28, 2014
The measure and the measure- however equal they are- will always remain different. It in not the case that by means of likeness a finite intellect can precisely attain the truth.. For the real truth which is incomprehensibe to you people is not something less but is indivisible.. So please how would any of you know? The more deeply we are instructed in this ignorance, the closer we approach the truth.. The Absolute Maximum, with which the Minimum Coincides , is Undestood Incomprehesibly..
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#68630 Mar 1, 2014
Messianic jews claim they are gods chosen and defy the torrah.

Location hidden

#68631 Mar 1, 2014
FORMER, the 50 something "childless" gay, is still trying to come to terms with his homosexuality. LOL.

Location hidden

#68632 Mar 1, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
It in not the case that by means of likeness a finite intellect can precisely attain the truth..
Truth is not an absolute.

I don't know what is meant by an absolute in a universe of constant change.

The concept of truth keeps changing with the context - what is true in one context may not be true in another context.

Location hidden

#68633 Mar 1, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
For the real truth which is incomprehensible to you people is not something less but is indivisible..
A word salad.

Words like indivisible, absolute and permanence are misnomers.

The search for the fundamental building blocks of matter may go to still undreamed of levels - who knows unless you consider quarks and leptons to be the farthest we can get but even if they are fundamental building blocks then the question still remains - why are there 3 generations of quarks and leptons with differing mass scale?

So, maybe it's better to think of reality in terms of energy fields from which particle pairs pop out but then what about dark energy? How do we account for gravity and integrate it into the standard model?

So, perhaps the word "indivisible" could refer to the conservation law by which the sum total always remains fixed even in the vacuum state as per the Heisenberg uncertainty principle that permits such violations of the conservation principle involving the emergence of short lived particles for a very short time which as particle-anti particle pairs quickly annihilate themselves to recede into the vacuum energy (ground state energy) but the formation of the universe of matter, despite the constant annihilation between the two sets of particles, could have been the result of the difference in decay rate of matter and anti-matter with the latter having a much quicker decay rate thereby leaving behind more matter particles for the universe to form.....

Well, whatever....

I prefer the word "conserved" to "indivisible" in the context of providing an explanation for the perpetuation (or persistence) of the reality.

Location hidden

#68635 Mar 1, 2014
Capitalism on steroids!

Location hidden

#68636 Mar 1, 2014
An average-looking prostitute in cash-rich Dubai can earn up to $ 360,000 a year.

Location hidden

#68637 Mar 1, 2014
Dubai is the playground of the ME.

Location hidden

#68638 Mar 1, 2014
Dubai's Burj al Arab is the world's most luxurious hotel but in terms of heritage, class, style and service it is behind the Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in Mumbai.

Location hidden

#68639 Mar 1, 2014
Ukraine - the AIDS capital of Europe!

Location hidden

#68640 Mar 1, 2014
Why do most people pronounce CONDOM as CON-DIM when the correct pronunciation of the word is CON-DOM with the suffix DOM pronounced as the DOM in DOMINO.

Location hidden

#68641 Mar 1, 2014
Sad. Millions of kids, who're abandoned/abused by parents or due to poverty, get pushed on to the streets where they take to prostitution and drug trafficking and drug addiction.

Location hidden

#68642 Mar 1, 2014
Kids as young as 9 turn to prostitution in many poor parts of the world. Sad.

Location hidden

#68643 Mar 1, 2014
Often, poor parents in the Third World force their young kids, as young as 9 or 11, into prostitution. Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Guru 182,050
Mike Brown hidden video. 27 min StarScum 4
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 50 min TRD 68,910
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 55 min shinningelectr0n 1,155,632
Chicago Pizza Blows 57 min StarScum 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Mike 51,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 49,310
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info