Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#68625 Feb 28, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the north rim is closed in the winter. Or used to be. Havent been around there for at least 10 years. On the south rim they have this parking shuttle and tram thing that wasnt around when I used to go. I used to park near the actual rim.
I have seen many people "rescued" by rangers because they werent up to it. Going down is the hardest on the knees. The other issue is water - people dont understand how much they need during the hot season. Gallons, not pints.
Once, during a windy snow storm, wearing a backback, I almost toppled over a ledge. Nowadays I doubt my knees would take the hike. The beauty of youth!
There is always the option of riding a mule down too. Sucks to hike in back of them, but they are (or used to be) confined to certain trails.
I remember the cowboy guides who worked in the desert carried these tools on their belts - sort of pliar/tweezer thing - for pulling the cactus needles out of the tourists.

Don't know if you've ever been downhill/alpine skiing. Many novices go down the wrong trail/get in over their heads and freak out. Some of them need to be rescued by the Ski Patrol.
Shlomo

San Francisco, CA

#68626 Feb 28, 2014
Why can't you fools stick to the topic?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68627 Feb 28, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the cowboy guides who worked in the desert carried these tools on their belts - sort of pliar/tweezer thing - for pulling the cactus needles out of the tourists.
Don't know if you've ever been downhill/alpine skiing. Many novices go down the wrong trail/get in over their heads and freak out. Some of them need to be rescued by the Ski Patrol.
I found the best thing was to carry a comb in my backpack. What nails you are clumps of Cholla. And the comb catches on the clumps for extraction.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68628 Feb 28, 2014
The measure and the measure- however equal they are- will always remain different. It in not the case that by means of likeness a finite intellect can precisely attain the truth.. For the real truth which is incomprehensibe to you people is not something less but is indivisible.. So please how would any of you know? The more deeply we are instructed in this ignorance, the closer we approach the truth.. The Absolute Maximum, with which the Minimum Coincides , is Undestood Incomprehesibly..
E23Jer34

T├│rshavn, Faroe Islands

#68630 Mar 1, 2014
Messianic jews claim they are gods chosen and defy the torrah.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68631 Mar 1, 2014
FORMER, the 50 something "childless" gay, is still trying to come to terms with his homosexuality. LOL.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68632 Mar 1, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
It in not the case that by means of likeness a finite intellect can precisely attain the truth..
Truth is not an absolute.

I don't know what is meant by an absolute in a universe of constant change.

The concept of truth keeps changing with the context - what is true in one context may not be true in another context.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68633 Mar 1, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
For the real truth which is incomprehensible to you people is not something less but is indivisible..
A word salad.

Words like indivisible, absolute and permanence are misnomers.

The search for the fundamental building blocks of matter may go to still undreamed of levels - who knows unless you consider quarks and leptons to be the farthest we can get but even if they are fundamental building blocks then the question still remains - why are there 3 generations of quarks and leptons with differing mass scale?

So, maybe it's better to think of reality in terms of energy fields from which particle pairs pop out but then what about dark energy? How do we account for gravity and integrate it into the standard model?

So, perhaps the word "indivisible" could refer to the conservation law by which the sum total always remains fixed even in the vacuum state as per the Heisenberg uncertainty principle that permits such violations of the conservation principle involving the emergence of short lived particles for a very short time which as particle-anti particle pairs quickly annihilate themselves to recede into the vacuum energy (ground state energy) but the formation of the universe of matter, despite the constant annihilation between the two sets of particles, could have been the result of the difference in decay rate of matter and anti-matter with the latter having a much quicker decay rate thereby leaving behind more matter particles for the universe to form.....

Well, whatever....

I prefer the word "conserved" to "indivisible" in the context of providing an explanation for the perpetuation (or persistence) of the reality.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68635 Mar 1, 2014
Capitalism on steroids!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68636 Mar 1, 2014
An average-looking prostitute in cash-rich Dubai can earn up to $ 360,000 a year.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68637 Mar 1, 2014
Dubai is the playground of the ME.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68638 Mar 1, 2014
Dubai's Burj al Arab is the world's most luxurious hotel but in terms of heritage, class, style and service it is behind the Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in Mumbai.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68639 Mar 1, 2014
Ukraine - the AIDS capital of Europe!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68640 Mar 1, 2014
Why do most people pronounce CONDOM as CON-DIM when the correct pronunciation of the word is CON-DOM with the suffix DOM pronounced as the DOM in DOMINO.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68641 Mar 1, 2014
Sad. Millions of kids, who're abandoned/abused by parents or due to poverty, get pushed on to the streets where they take to prostitution and drug trafficking and drug addiction.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68642 Mar 1, 2014
Kids as young as 9 turn to prostitution in many poor parts of the world. Sad.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68643 Mar 1, 2014
Often, poor parents in the Third World force their young kids, as young as 9 or 11, into prostitution. Sad.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68644 Mar 1, 2014
Why do many people pronounce GUILT as GUILTH when the correct pronunciation of the word GUILT is GUILT with the T in GUILT pronounced as the T in SILT?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68645 Mar 1, 2014
Why do many people pronounce COUPON as COU-PIN when the correct pronunciation of the word COUPON is COU-PON with the PON in COU-PON pronounced as PON as in POND?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68646 Mar 1, 2014
Surprisingly, the famous gold souks in Arab nations usually sell 18 carat gold ornaments which is considered a poor man's choice back here in India where most people who buy gold invest in 23 carat gold jewelery or in 24 carat gold coins/bars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Leeward Outlier 222,925
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min John Galt 1,421,498
Chicago has the Worst Women 1 hr Marriage Never 58
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Actual Science 61,112
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Retired SOF 1,484
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 3,063
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 2,438
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Go Blue Forever 103,469

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages