Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#68560 Feb 27, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That was EXACTLY the predicament in the early 90s - with refusing to create the MLK holiday
Holiday created - superbowl came (dont remember which year - sometime mid 90s)
This does sound familiar now that you mention it.

They are consistent if nothing else.

Really enjoyed our helicopter ride over/thru the Grand Canyon! Truly beyond words. One might even call it a spiritual experience.

I remember Mecham too but didn't remember he was such a triple loser/threat.

Remember Mayor Frank Rizzo in Phila. Another character.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68561 Feb 27, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I would like to visit Jamaica but I've heard that its crime infested....
It's safe inside the big walls of the resorts.

But you will have to go outside to buy weed.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68562 Feb 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an animal doctor?
Does Frijoles take his dog to you for regular treatment associated with wounds?
Huggy, I do not understand your reference.

Kindly explain yourself.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68563 Feb 27, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
This does sound familiar now that you mention it.
They are consistent if nothing else.
Really enjoyed our helicopter ride over/thru the Grand Canyon! Truly beyond words. One might even call it a spiritual experience.
I remember Mecham too but didn't remember he was such a triple loser/threat.
Remember Mayor Frank Rizzo in Phila. Another character.
As the article states, there was a race to see which mechanism would take him out first - impeachment, recall, or indictment. I remember signing a recall petition.

What was the funniest was his comments about Japanese (see the article). That was big statewide news and ridicule.

Basically everyone in the state and the state govt wanted a MLK day, but they couldnt figure how to condense the schedule to create one. So they dallied on the issue. BUT to the rest of the world, AZ was a state full of racists.

Location hidden

#68564 Feb 27, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I have hiked and backpacked the Grand Canyon probably a dozen and a half times, when I was younger. Longest time spent in the canyon was a week. Would of been longer but rats ate their way into our packs and ate our food.

Location hidden

#68565 Feb 27, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Huggy, I do not understand your reference.
Kindly explain yourself.
with Huggy it always relates back to sex somehow
E23Jer34

T├│rshavn, Faroe Islands

#68566 Feb 27, 2014
Lets all people of earth gather, we are all chosen.
We can all do banking and issue our own currencies if we want!

Jehovah told me that scandinavians were born to lead nations.
stoned cold and incollege

Paradise, CA

#68567 Feb 27, 2014
I like the juz because they have cool beerds. wish I could get one two.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#68569 Feb 27, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Jehovah told me that scandinavians were born to lead nations.
Not since the Battle of Hastings.

Location hidden

#68570 Feb 28, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to bundle up !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R1gAvDCYv6cXX
That chick is UGLY. Thats the best you can do?

Location hidden

#68571 Feb 28, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Not since the Battle of Hastings.
They cant even get the directions to assemble furniture right.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#68572 Feb 28, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R1gAvDCYv6cXX
Mom?!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68573 Feb 28, 2014
REBIRTH IS A LIE

Well, I have changed my view on rebirth which I now know is a myth.

After the death of the body, some of the body's EM field with its residual amount of sentience (as feebly excited energy waves) radiates into the environment where it may scatter in the environment or it may merge with the energy field of an animal, plant or human being and get assimilated.

Now, if a disembodied EM field of person Y with a residual amount of sentience merges with the EM field of a living person X it may produce sentient patterns of its own past existence in the EM field of the living person (X) it has infused.

The person (X)(in whom a small amount of Y's discarnate EM field has entered) may become aware of a new sentient pattern in his thoughts and thinking it to be his own may remember certain incidents in the life of the person (Y), whose, as said earlier, disembodied EM field entered the EM field of X.

In this way, X comes to believe that he had a past life.

This merging of the discarnate EM field of the dead man Y with the energy field of a living person X is very rare.

In 99.99 % cases, a dead person's EM field quickly dissipates in the environment without leaving behind a trace.

So, obviously, rebirth is a lie.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#68574 Feb 28, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom?!
Nanna?!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68575 Feb 28, 2014
PROPHETS AS TRICKSTERS

Usually, a trickster in the form of a prophet, avatar or sage, may hypnotize his disciples and direct at them strong thoughts or powerful words that take concrete shape in the hypnotized minds of the hapless disciples who may, under this sinister influence, think they (disciples) were great persons in the past.

Every avatar, prophet or sage harms the brain and nervous system of his mind-controlled/hypnotized disciples in this diabolical manner.

In addition, these mind-controlled/ hypnotized disciples may also come to believe that the master is superhuman but when the test of immortality, invincibility and transformation of the world arises all the avatars, prophets and sages have failed the test since their claims were hollow and later most of these evil men (avatars, prophets and sages) die horrible deaths - through poison, killed on the cross, shot by an arrow, beheaded, etc.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68576 Feb 28, 2014
Everything in existence, including mystical phenomena, is subject to the laws of physics.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68577 Feb 28, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Thousands of Jews say they are the chosen ones

So, what does it matter?

Is there any foundation to such a silly claim?

I fail to understand what is meant by the words "chosen ones".

In the same manner, the Japaneses believe they are the chosen ones on earth, a staunch Muslim believes that being a Muslim makes him a part of the chosen people on earth who in his opinion are the Muslims, Hindus believe they are the chosen ones, Buddhist think their faith is superior to the other faiths.

Anyone can believe that he, his race, language, nation, religion or cult is the best.

These are naive opinions indulged in by brainless people down the ages.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#68578 Feb 28, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I would like to visit Jamaica but I've heard that its crime infested....
Like if India has a low rate of crimes...

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68579 Feb 28, 2014
SO-CALLED PARANORMAL PHENOMENA ARE EXCITED STATES OF BRAIN

The brain, in certain states of excitement, brought about my profound meditative practices, emits heightened EM wave activity which gives rise to superior powers like telescopic vision, microscopic vision, acute sense of smell, power to affect the EM fields of others, light radiating from body etc.

What actually happens is that when a higher frequency of EM energy is produced in the brain it excites to a greater degree the ordinary working of the brain centers and this excited energy wave produces greater sensitivity of the nerve cells - the result of this phenomenon is the manifestation of the so-called paranormal phenomena.

In reality, every mystical phenomenon boils down to various higher frequencies of EM energy produced in the brain-body system.

Mysticism falls under the sway of the deeper laws of physics.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68580 Feb 28, 2014
HIGHLIGHT - 1

The brain, in certain states of excitement, brought about profound meditative practices, emits heightened EM wave activity which gives rise to superior powers like telescopic vision, microscopic vision, acute sense of smell, power to affect the EM fields of others, light radiating from body etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 216,942
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Earthling-1 60,144
abby6-29-16 13 min Maverick 808 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Maverick 808 102,531
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Bill 1,395,959
Mohammed a White Guy with Black Slaves 3 hr Hotel California 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 8,910

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages