Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,697
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Read more
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68041 Feb 23, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You never responded to me about why you do not "turn the other cheek" with regard to the perceived wronging of you by others.
38 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
—Matthew 5:38–5:42 KJV
1. Please understand that you have switched from the GOLDEN RULE which is what was being discussed. So, stop slipping in things in the back exit, please.

2. The debate is not about me/individual but about how NATIONS should relate to other NATIONS.

3. Now to your slip in tangent part of it says "whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." and I believe that is clear to you.

However, what is not clear to you is that after you have turned the other cheek and the fellow UNJUSTLY strikes you again it is now up to you to forgive him or shoot him.

Jesus did NOT say that you could not shoot him after being struck the second time unfairly.:D
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68042 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant sing for the life of me. I suspect if I could, or when I do sing badly, I would be an alto.
I am more than willing to comment on stuff that has no evangelical edge.
I ignore most of your questions because either they have been answered before, or because it is not productive to answer questions that are posed only to "prove" a point - when you could cut do the chase and just state your position already
How tall are you?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68044 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
How tall are you?
5 and a half cubits
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68045 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
5 and a half cubits
HughBe---How tall are you?

FRijoles---5 and a half cubits

HughBe--- So, you are over 8 feet tall and have an ALTO voice. So masculine and it is expected hence the question in the first place.

Location hidden

#68046 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- So, you are over 8 feet tall and have an ALTO voice. So masculine and it is expected hence the question in the first place.
What cubit to meter calculator are you using?

What does height have to due with masculinity? Are short people unmasculine?

Location hidden

#68047 Feb 23, 2014
I am revising my height down to 3.87 cubits
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68048 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What cubit to meter calculator are you using?
What does height have to due with masculinity? Are short people unmasculine?

FRijoles---What cubit to meter calculator are you using?

HughBe--- Son, where I live a metre and feet are not the same units of measurement and I spoke about FEET.

In any event my over 8 feet would have the corresponding quantity in metres.

Frijoles---What does height have to due with masculinity? Are short people unmasculine?

HughBe---- A man who is over 8 feet tall is a MASSIVE man and so it is NOT expected that such a giant will sing with an ALTO voice instead one would expect a MALE voice.

Short people are not necessarily non-masculine.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68049 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Please understand that you have switched from the GOLDEN RULE which is what was being discussed. So, stop slipping in things in the back exit, please.
2. The debate is not about me/individual but about how NATIONS should relate to other 3. Now to your slip in tangent part of it says "whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." and I believe that is clear to you.
However, what is not clear to you is that after you have turned the other cheek and the fellow UNJUSTLY strikes you again it is now up to you to forgive him or shoot him.NATIONS.

Jesus did NOT say that you could not shoot him after being struck the second time unfairly.:D
Dearest Huggy, my shiny and evasive friend:

1. When you evaded my Golden Rule question/argument, I did shift but very much along the same lines. That is your failure to comply with the orders of your lord and maker.(Let's just call all of it what it is: The Sermon on the Mount.)

You advocate more "an eye for an eye" and less a "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" approach. The real test is how you treat those who have wronged you, how else do you put any JC's words to the test?

2. Regarding your 2nd point, we have a bumper sticker in the land of the free and the home of the brave that reads "Think globally but act locally."

The rest of your post sounds like rationalization for bad and un-Christian-like behavior.

Have a wonderful Sunday evening.

XO
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68050 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles---I am revising my height down to 3.87 cubits

HughBe--- Why? Is it that you took your annual shower and lost almost 2 metres? If this is not the case, it seems that someone whispered in your ears and said that you were talking BS and that I was correct that 5.5 metres= over 8 feet.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68051 Feb 23, 2014
ps

Huggy

I am a little jealous that your are inquiring as to Frijoles' dimensions.

I am not quite sure what to make of this.

pps If anyone cares, I'm 5'10" and I think a baritone with a fair voice. And I can play a little piano (like Schroeder).

:))

Location hidden

#68052 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---- A man who is over 8 feet tall is a MASSIVE man and so it is NOT expected that such a giant will sing with an ALTO voice instead one would expect a MALE voice.
Short people are not necessarily non-masculine.
Low Pitched Voices Are Perceived as Masculine and Attractive but Do They Predict Semen Quality in Men?

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

"........Consistent with previous voice research, women judged lower pitched voices as more masculine and more attractive. However men with lower pitched voices did not have better semen quality. On the contrary, men whose voices were rated as more attractive tended to have lower concentrations of sperm in their ejaculate.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68053 Feb 23, 2014
former res---Dearest Huggy, my (BLACK)shiny and evasive friend:

HughBe--- Greetings, dear.

Former---1. When you evaded my Golden Rule question/argument, I did shift but very much along the same lines. That is your failure to comply with the orders of your lord and maker.(Let's just call all of it what it is: The Sermon on the Mount.)

HughBe---- 1.The GOLDEN RULE is NOT the same so I shall not attach that label to it.

2. I answered you and I shall once again REPEAT part of my answer to you and when you read and understand my words you will see the GOLDEN RULE in them.

Here are my words AGAIN, I do unto others EXACTLY what I want them to do to me. I do NOT try to F-up anyone. Besides and more to your point let me REPEAT my words from an earlier post. "I am COMFORTABLE with being treated the SAME way that I am RECIPROCATING to others."

p3067

Former---You advocate more "an eye for an eye" and less a "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" approach. The real test is how you treat those who have wronged you, how else do you put any JC's words to the test?

HughBe--- Go back and read my words with care.

Former--- Regarding your 2nd point, we have a bumper sticker in the land of the free and the home of the brave that reads "Think globally but act locally."
The rest of your post sounds like rationalization for bad and un-Christian-like behavior.
Have a wonderful Sunday evening.
XO

HughBe--- Read my words with care and understanding. I shall close by saying once more that Jesus did NOT say that you could not shoot him after being struck the second time unfairly:D

If you disagree please cite His words that support your claim.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68054 Feb 23, 2014
former res---ps
Huggy
I am a little jealous that your are inquiring as to Frijoles' dimensions.
I am not quite sure what to make of this.

HughBe--- Not to worry, your "dimensions" are bigger than his, based on the revised info.

Former---pps If anyone cares, I'm 5'10" and I think a baritone with a fair voice.

HughBe-- See, you are longer/taller than he is. Do you do solos, always?

Former--- And I can play a little piano (like Schroeder).:))

HughBe--- Good for you and should I take your sexy baritone voice in the same spirit?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68055 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Low Pitched Voices Are Perceived as Masculine and Attractive but Do They Predict Semen Quality in Men?
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...
"........Consistent with previous voice research, women judged lower pitched voices as more masculine and more attractive. However men with lower pitched voices did not have better semen quality. On the contrary, men whose voices were rated as more attractive tended to have lower concentrations of sperm in their ejaculate.
Given that your voice is alto, is that the reason why women don't find you attractive?

Is that why you have crossed over to the xside?

Location hidden

#68056 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that your voice is alto, is that the reason why women don't find you attractive?
Not sure if I am an alto. I suspect I am, but I cant sing. I'd imagine that listening to me sing would not productively enhance my social life.

Location hidden

#68057 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
But I HAVENT become a xtian.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68058 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But I HAVENT become a xtian.
Correct son but you are an x-man.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68059 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if I am an alto. I suspect I am, but I cant sing. I'd imagine that listening to me sing would not productively enhance my social life.
The first time that you declared that you could not sing was enough for me to understand your lack in that department.

Now, I am still waiting for answers to my 2 questions.

Is that the reason why women don't find you attractive?

x=batty or back
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68060 Feb 23, 2014
In a serious way I do have the singing voice of an angel.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68061 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
In a serious way I do have the singing voice of an angel.
To paraphrase the great Cassius Clay, I bet you:

Sing like an angel, and float like a fairy.

:))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min PolakPotrafi 1,205,955
Amy 3-26 13 min Sublime1 54
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min GayleWood 51,858
Word (Dec '08) 43 min _Zoey_ 5,146
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 44 min _Zoey_ 5,810
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 185,837
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ratloder 69,291
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]