Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72025 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68050 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles---I am revising my height down to 3.87 cubits

HughBe--- Why? Is it that you took your annual shower and lost almost 2 metres? If this is not the case, it seems that someone whispered in your ears and said that you were talking BS and that I was correct that 5.5 metres= over 8 feet.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68051 Feb 23, 2014
ps

Huggy

I am a little jealous that your are inquiring as to Frijoles' dimensions.

I am not quite sure what to make of this.

pps If anyone cares, I'm 5'10" and I think a baritone with a fair voice. And I can play a little piano (like Schroeder).

:))

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68052 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---- A man who is over 8 feet tall is a MASSIVE man and so it is NOT expected that such a giant will sing with an ALTO voice instead one would expect a MALE voice.
Short people are not necessarily non-masculine.
Low Pitched Voices Are Perceived as Masculine and Attractive but Do They Predict Semen Quality in Men?

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

"........Consistent with previous voice research, women judged lower pitched voices as more masculine and more attractive. However men with lower pitched voices did not have better semen quality. On the contrary, men whose voices were rated as more attractive tended to have lower concentrations of sperm in their ejaculate.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68053 Feb 23, 2014
former res---Dearest Huggy, my (BLACK)shiny and evasive friend:

HughBe--- Greetings, dear.

Former---1. When you evaded my Golden Rule question/argument, I did shift but very much along the same lines. That is your failure to comply with the orders of your lord and maker.(Let's just call all of it what it is: The Sermon on the Mount.)

HughBe---- 1.The GOLDEN RULE is NOT the same so I shall not attach that label to it.

2. I answered you and I shall once again REPEAT part of my answer to you and when you read and understand my words you will see the GOLDEN RULE in them.

Here are my words AGAIN, I do unto others EXACTLY what I want them to do to me. I do NOT try to F-up anyone. Besides and more to your point let me REPEAT my words from an earlier post. "I am COMFORTABLE with being treated the SAME way that I am RECIPROCATING to others."

p3067

Former---You advocate more "an eye for an eye" and less a "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" approach. The real test is how you treat those who have wronged you, how else do you put any JC's words to the test?

HughBe--- Go back and read my words with care.

Former--- Regarding your 2nd point, we have a bumper sticker in the land of the free and the home of the brave that reads "Think globally but act locally."
The rest of your post sounds like rationalization for bad and un-Christian-like behavior.
Have a wonderful Sunday evening.
XO

HughBe--- Read my words with care and understanding. I shall close by saying once more that Jesus did NOT say that you could not shoot him after being struck the second time unfairly:D

If you disagree please cite His words that support your claim.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68054 Feb 23, 2014
former res---ps
Huggy
I am a little jealous that your are inquiring as to Frijoles' dimensions.
I am not quite sure what to make of this.

HughBe--- Not to worry, your "dimensions" are bigger than his, based on the revised info.

Former---pps If anyone cares, I'm 5'10" and I think a baritone with a fair voice.

HughBe-- See, you are longer/taller than he is. Do you do solos, always?

Former--- And I can play a little piano (like Schroeder).:))

HughBe--- Good for you and should I take your sexy baritone voice in the same spirit?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68055 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Low Pitched Voices Are Perceived as Masculine and Attractive but Do They Predict Semen Quality in Men?
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...
"........Consistent with previous voice research, women judged lower pitched voices as more masculine and more attractive. However men with lower pitched voices did not have better semen quality. On the contrary, men whose voices were rated as more attractive tended to have lower concentrations of sperm in their ejaculate.
Given that your voice is alto, is that the reason why women don't find you attractive?

Is that why you have crossed over to the xside?

Location hidden

#68056 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that your voice is alto, is that the reason why women don't find you attractive?
Not sure if I am an alto. I suspect I am, but I cant sing. I'd imagine that listening to me sing would not productively enhance my social life.

Location hidden

#68057 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
But I HAVENT become a xtian.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68058 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But I HAVENT become a xtian.
Correct son but you are an x-man.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68059 Feb 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if I am an alto. I suspect I am, but I cant sing. I'd imagine that listening to me sing would not productively enhance my social life.
The first time that you declared that you could not sing was enough for me to understand your lack in that department.

Now, I am still waiting for answers to my 2 questions.

Is that the reason why women don't find you attractive?

x=batty or back
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68060 Feb 23, 2014
In a serious way I do have the singing voice of an angel.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68061 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
To paraphrase the great Cassius Clay, I bet you:

Sing like an angel, and float like a fairy.

:))
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68062 Feb 23, 2014
Huggy

Based on the totality of your responses, I would say you are going to hell.

But, to quote the great Billy Joel, wouldn't you "...rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...cause only the good die young!"

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68063 Feb 23, 2014
former res wrote:

<quoted text>

You have friends?
Yes, a hip gang.

I just hang out with them to chill.

Most of who I got close to in the past are after my body since I am a good looker or they're after the money despite having enough of their own (it's a kind of greed they have).

These days I am not close to anyone.

I prefer it this way.

Entertain me with a joke or tell me something insightful.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68064 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Many homosexuals sing like angels.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68065 Feb 23, 2014
Some homosexuals bray like donkeys.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68066 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Now son, go ahead and support your claim about Christians and in particular as their HATRED is directed towards the adherents of Judaism.
Huge Joker,

You're such a clownish moralizer.

You remind me of that motley fool, Touchstone, in the Shakespearean drama, As You Like It.

Jews who fail to accept Jesus, say the Christian funda types, will burn in hell.

Only by accepting Jesus as savior can anyone be saved, say the rabid Christian evangelists.

I give not even a shit for Jesus and if he existed he was a megalomaniac, an intolerant jerk and a loser, while all those stories of virgin birth, dying to save the world and resurrection are fairy tales.

I'll rather die than accept Jesus, get it, joker?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68067 Feb 23, 2014
typo

Most of who I got close to in the past WERE after my body since I am a good looker or they WERE after the money despite having enough of their own (it's a kind of greed they have).

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68068 Feb 23, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Now son, go ahead and support your claim about Christians
Why do Christians go around converting others? What good will it do?

I have heard of Christian missionaries speaking ill of other faiths in the hope of gaining converts.

Why do fundamentalist Christians behave in this repulsive manner?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#68069 Feb 23, 2014
DOC (FORMER)

Entertain me with a joke or tell me something interesting from the store of your experiences/knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Incognito4Ever 1,382,536
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 101,938
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 59,459
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,034
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 976
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 1,497
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 2,405
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages