Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
61,201 - 61,220 of 68,935 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67801 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
I guess xtians.org didnt get the memo from Hughbe
Maybe it really is like the n word, where they can call each other one but you can't.

What the hell do I know?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67802 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
And then there's this...
http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmas...
Where Snopes debunks the idea that replacing Christ with X is disrespectful.
I've also noticed you can't copy and paste from snopes.

I like snopes.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67803 Feb 19, 2014
Jews do profit when non jews are christians.

Otherwise jews would never get smart gentile people believe in the bible or that jews are supposed to be a "chosen race"

It's ONLY because of christianity that jews get so much of influence and financial support in Isreal.

So if i were jews i would watch out what you said - You might piss enough of people of so they would turn away from Christianity.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67804 Feb 19, 2014
It's ONLY because of christianity that jews get so much of influence and financial support in USA.

Those zionist christians are the only reason why some americans still give moral support to Isreal.

When you lose that you lose all moral support in USA because they are fed up with you.

We know that jews have possesed the US governments, and do work to ban weapons and try to plunge USA to war with arabic countries.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#67805 Feb 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I've also noticed you can't copy and paste from snopes.
I like snopes.
Could be your browser. I can cut and paste no problem...

Claim: Xmas' is a modern, disrespectful abbreviation of the word 'Christmas.'

FALSE

Origins: The abbreviation of 'Xmas' for 'Christmas' is neither modern nor disrespectful. The notion that it is a new and vulgar representation of the word 'Christmas' seems to stem from the erroneous

belief that the letter 'X' is used to stand for the word 'Christ' because of its resemblance to a cross, or that the abbreviation was deliberately concocted "to take the 'Christ' out of Christmas."

Actually, this usage is nearly as old as Christianity itself, and its origins lie in the fact that the first letter in the Greek word for 'Christ' is 'chi,' and the Greek letter 'chi' is represented by a symbol similar to the letter 'X' in the modern Roman alphabet. Hence 'Xmas' is indeed perfectly legitimate abbreviation for the word 'Christmas'(just as 'Xian' is also sometimes used as an abbreviation of the word 'Christian').

None of this means that Christians (and others) aren't justified in feeling slighted when people write 'Xmas' rather than 'Christmas,' but the point is that the abbreviation was not created specifically for the purpose of demeaning Christ, Christians, Christianity, or Christmas — it's a very old artifact of a very different language.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmas...
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67806 Feb 19, 2014
I don't realy think that jews wish for americans to become atheist or pagan.

And i certainly don't think they want americans to become jews. Jews think they are holy and a chosen race - thats why they don't evangalize.

they rather want to stay within the family so to speak.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67807 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of reason.::

Christianity is not original at all. Christianity is a copy of the pagan scandianian Yule.

There is nothing original with christianity!
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67808 Feb 19, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Christmass is a copy of Yule.!!!
There is nothing original with the jewish invention of christmass!!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67809 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be your browser. I can cut and paste no problem...
Claim: Xmas' is a modern, disrespectful abbreviation of the word 'Christmas.'
FALSE
Origins: The abbreviation of 'Xmas' for 'Christmas' is neither modern nor disrespectful. The notion that it is a new and vulgar representation of the word 'Christmas' seems to stem from the erroneous
belief that the letter 'X' is used to stand for the word 'Christ' because of its resemblance to a cross, or that the abbreviation was deliberately concocted "to take the 'Christ' out of Christmas."
Actually, this usage is nearly as old as Christianity itself, and its origins lie in the fact that the first letter in the Greek word for 'Christ' is 'chi,' and the Greek letter 'chi' is represented by a symbol similar to the letter 'X' in the modern Roman alphabet. Hence 'Xmas' is indeed perfectly legitimate abbreviation for the word 'Christmas'(just as 'Xian' is also sometimes used as an abbreviation of the word 'Christian').
None of this means that Christians (and others) aren't justified in feeling slighted when people write 'Xmas' rather than 'Christmas,' but the point is that the abbreviation was not created specifically for the purpose of demeaning Christ, Christians, Christianity, or Christmas — it's a very old artifact of a very different language.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmas...
Hey thanks.

Now I can too.

I wonder if something changed - maybe on my end.

I have Explorer.

Interesting article too.

It seems just folks are just waiting around to be insulted or persecuted.

We all need to get over it.

It's all good.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67810 Feb 19, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Christianity is not original at all. Christianity is a copy of the pagan scandianian Yule.
I thought Xtians were just competed Jews.

Kidding guys!!

:))

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#67811 Feb 19, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Preaching to the choir.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67812 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Huggy should also make himself familiar with the Streisand effect...
The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
you got mail!(email)

Location hidden

#67813 Feb 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Xtians were just competed Jews.
Kidding guys!!
:))
completed

must I complete everything for you xtians?

Location hidden

#67814 Feb 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it really is like the n word, where they can call each other one but you can't.
What the hell do I know?
kind of like the fact we cant call Hughbe a f_ag?

(with a *wink* to the topix auto-censor)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67815 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
completed
must I complete everything for you xtians?
Funny!

See?!! God's hand came down and made me do a typo!

I am now full of contrition.

3 Hail Mary's and 4 Our Fathers for me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67818 Feb 19, 2014
Boys let us get back on track. So, Cunti, Frijoles and Ricky please address what comes next.

Step 1--- A school has long established policies with respect to disciplinary matters.

Step 2---A new Board assumes governance.

Step 3--- The existing principal makes the following declaration at a staff meeting, several months after the new Board has been in place.

DECLARATION:
In matters of discipline I have borne in mind that its procedures/policies are put in place by the board independent of the executive management of the school . I have therefore undertaken on no occasion to prescribe the procedures suited to it, but have left them, as the new board found them

TASK: Please explain ALL of the above as clearly as you are capable of doing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67820 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn proper English.
Judaism is a system of beliefs and behaviors. Jews are a people. You cant be a member of a system of beliefs and behaviors. Its an abstraction. Thats like saying Communists are a member of Communism.
In my mind I had moved on but I shall revisit the matter for a short time.

In doing so, I have ONE thing that I require of you and that you speak HONESTLY on the points being raised.

Now, do you have a problem with members of a religion being called by a word that clearly IDENTIFIES and links them to that particular religion?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67821 Feb 19, 2014
replace THAT with THEIR

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

#67822 Feb 19, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Boys let us get back on track. So, Cunti, Frijoles and Ricky please address what comes next.

Step 1--- A school has long established policies with respect to disciplinary matters.

Step 2---A new Board assumes governance.

Step 3--- The existing principal makes the following declaration at a staff meeting, several months after the new Board has been in place.

DECLARATION:
In matters of discipline I have borne in mind that its procedures/policies are put in place by the board independent of the executive management of the school . I have therefore undertaken on no occasion to prescribe the procedures suited to it, but have left them, as the new board found them

TASK: Please explain ALL of the above as clearly as you are capable of doing.
Is the answer,'Who gives a fetid dingo's kidney?'
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67823 Feb 19, 2014
Huggy

You have failed to explain why you choose wrath (a deadly sin) over "doing unto others as you would have them do unto you" (not as they did unto you).

And how about turning the other cheek?

What would your savior say of your approach of vengeance?

HughBe--- Absolutely NOT but I am a far BETTER person that the overwhelming MAJORITY of the human family.

Why do you say this?

And didn't Jesus preach humility?

thanking you in advance for your thoughtful reply

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,099,803
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min LRS 177,345
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 2 hr Jew Snakes 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 4 hr rodeo3queen 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr truth-facts 46,292
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••