Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72042 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67533 Feb 12, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny!
And I bet it would kill up in the Borscht Belt!
Actually, I'm sorry I missed those days. Somewhat depicted in "Dirty Dancing."
(Speaking of which, I also miss Lennie Briscoe aka Jerry Orbach.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht_Belt
Interesting:
Today, a large percentage of the region is a summer home for Orthodox Jewish families,[8] primarily from the New York metropolitan area.
'This morning when I got up and saw myself in the mirror, I looked awful! What's wrong with me?' He replied,'I don't know, but your eyesight is perfect!'" (Dangerfield)
These resorts have been the setting for movies such as Dirty Dancing, Sweet Lorraine, and A Walk on the Moon.
When I was growing up everyone referred to that region as the Catskills, but if you look on the map, many of those places are actually in the foothills to the Catskills and not the Catskills themselves. Jews have a lousy sense of direction (40 years in the wilderness!)

In NH, in the White Mountains, there is a town called Bethlehem (of all names) that is about 30% Hasidic, 30% Lesbian, and 30% other. They all get along together. I had assumed this was a recent phenomenon until I found a book on the town's history and it turns out Jews have been going there for 100 years.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67534 Feb 12, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was growing up everyone referred to that region as the Catskills, but if you look on the map, many of those places are actually in the foothills to the Catskills and not the Catskills themselves. Jews have a lousy sense of direction (40 years in the wilderness!)
In NH, in the White Mountains, there is a town called Bethlehem (of all names) that is about 30% Hasidic, 30% Lesbian, and 30% other. They all get along together. I had assumed this was a recent phenomenon until I found a book on the town's history and it turns out Jews have been going there for 100 years.
That reminds me of how many true New Yorkers consider everything north of NYC (and LI) to be "upstate NY" - even Westchester and Rockland Counties. I

In PA they have the Poconos. Heart-shaped beds, mirrors etc. Those are Phila's northern mountains.

I see Bethlehem NH is near Littleton. Have been to the latter, Nice "little town!" Picturesque area.

And speaking of history, I believe you told me about the very old synagogue in Tupper Lake, which my friend pointed out to me when I was there 2 summers back. He said they special events there.

Location hidden

#67535 Feb 12, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of how many true New Yorkers consider everything north of NYC (and LI) to be "upstate NY" - even Westchester and Rockland Counties. I
In PA they have the Poconos. Heart-shaped beds, mirrors etc. Those are Phila's northern mountains.
I see Bethlehem NH is near Littleton. Have been to the latter, Nice "little town!" Picturesque area.
And speaking of history, I believe you told me about the very old synagogue in Tupper Lake, which my friend pointed out to me when I was there 2 summers back. He said they special events there.
yep, it wasnt until I went to college in Western NY that I learned that there was an upstate NY other than Westchester and Rockland. Guilty as charged.

Bethlehem-Littleton-Franconia -- all the same region - the part of the Whites that gets less tourists. Lost of people from CT have summer houses there. I have been tempted to buy there as well. I go up almost every year.

Never been to the Poconos...always been intrigued with that portion of the Appalachians.

Ready for the storm? Been out there trying to clear the ice off my driveway in preparation for the next round. Forecast is all over the place 4-12 inches....rain - no rain.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#67536 Feb 12, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7XrRyqses5UXX
With this as well?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67537 Feb 12, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, it wasnt until I went to college in Western NY that I learned that there was an upstate NY other than Westchester and Rockland. Guilty as charged.
Bethlehem-Littleton-Franconia -- all the same region - the part of the Whites that gets less tourists. Lost of people from CT have summer houses there. I have been tempted to buy there as well. I go up almost every year.
Never been to the Poconos...always been intrigued with that portion of the Appalachians.
Ready for the storm? Been out there trying to clear the ice off my driveway in preparation for the next round. Forecast is all over the place 4-12 inches....rain - no rain.
The CT Lake region up around Pittsburgh NH is pretty nice too. But way up there on the Canadian border. Spent a week up there 25 years ago. Not many people. At least back then.

I know what you mean. One of the local tv stations is forecasting 4-8 inches but the Nat'l Weather Service just updated to:

ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 14 INCHES... ALONG WITH AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE

On weather.com (where I found the above storm warning) I checked the "Hourly forecast" for overnight. Looks like our snow will start around 3 in the morning and start to change over to a rainy mix around noon or so.

Which tells me when I should get out there to clear it hopefully without getting too wet.

The I think it turns back to snow the following night. We'll see.

Good luck with it!

Isn't winter almost over?

Location hidden

#67538 Feb 12, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
With this as well?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =THL5_mG2IA4XX
more like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#67539 Feb 12, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny!
And I bet it would kill up in the Borscht Belt!
Actually, I'm sorry I missed those days. Somewhat depicted in "Dirty Dancing."
(Speaking of which, I also miss Lennie Briscoe aka Jerry Orbach.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht_Belt
Interesting:
Today, a large percentage of the region is a summer home for Orthodox Jewish families,[8] primarily from the New York metropolitan area.
'This morning when I got up and saw myself in the mirror, I looked awful! What's wrong with me?' He replied,'I don't know, but your eyesight is perfect!'" (Dangerfield)
These resorts have been the setting for movies such as Dirty Dancing, Sweet Lorraine, and A Walk on the Moon.
Came across this- Re: beliefs

The Talmud Pays Little Attention to What Jews Believe, Yet Asks Them To Have Faith

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-reli...

".......Usually the follower of a religion is called a “believer,” but the Talmud pays little attention to what Jews believe. What concerns the rabbis is what they do, down to the smallest detail—for instance, which shoe ought to be put on first in the morning.

Yet choreography is not quite the right metaphor here, since the goal of the rabbis is not to produce a graceful or beautiful life, but a holy one. So, Jewish observance can also be likened to a technology—a series of tools that, if used correctly, will produce the desired result, which is to please God and win his blessing. The Talmud, then, would be a manual of sacred technology, showing how to calibrate every prayer, ritual, and action so that it will be most effective......
E23Jer34

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

#67540 Feb 12, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: nah! all wars have everything to do with disbelief in G-D. and you are no different than anyone else in this whole world that disbelieves in G-D. which indicates that you deserve even more horror from the war plagues of disbelief.
Either you are joking - or you're simply retarded from the inbreed from your racist supremasist ancestors.

You're bible stories are 100% fictive and is compied from older ancient egyptian paganism.

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#67541 Feb 12, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you are joking - or you're simply retarded from the inbreed from your racist supremasist ancestors.
You're bible stories are 100% fictive and is compied from older ancient egyptian paganism.
rabbee: you do not even know, WHO my ancestors are. are you trying to make some assumption, of something i am not? G-D is my only Ancestor, for i have no ancestors here on earth. i am the impossible from G-D, here again in Only TheTorah from THEM. and i am not a fiction story, here in The Same Story again from G-D. no matter how much you all, fictionalize yourselves, as not here in The Only Story from G-D. G-D is still giving The Torah, even if all you nobodies choose to believe you are not here in IT.

Denver Colorado 80218

#67542 Feb 12, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and i can assure to you, that what G-D came and said to me about the woman chaooah. i did not get, from any pagan egyptian.

i am here in The Torah, G-D is still giving. so what excuse and cover story did the devil give to you, to try and mentally only to avoid being here in IT?

Denver Colorado 80218

#67543 Feb 12, 2014
we are all here in The Torah again, no matter what excuses the enemy devils gave to you with mental magic only to run around like a bunch of wild pagans not here in TheTorah today.
E23Jer34

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

#67544 Feb 12, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you do not even know, WHO my ancestors are. are you trying to make some assumption, of something i am not? G-D is my only Ancestor, for i have no ancestors here on earth. i am the impossible from G-D, here again in Only TheTorah from THEM. and i am not a fiction story, here in The Same Story again from G-D. no matter how much you all, fictionalize yourselves, as not here in The Only Story from G-D. G-D is still giving The Torah, even if all you nobodies choose to believe you are not here in IT.
Jews believe they are related to abraham, the who essense of the biblical nonsense that is filled up in those retard brain is that they are of pure race, pure jewish blood.

In their view that makes them better than everyone else.

And even if you try to deny that now - Then i can quote talmud and the bible to show how jews in the past realy define as jewish.
E23Jer34

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

#67545 Feb 12, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and i can assure to you, that what G-D came and said to me about the woman chaooah. i did not get, from any pagan egyptian.
i am here in The Torah, G-D is still giving. so what excuse and cover story did the devil give to you, to try and mentally only to avoid being here in IT?
Satan or the devil only means adversary. And yes i'm seen as the adversary to the jews i understnad that.

But it's pretty moronic to believe in concepts that the bible has invented since there are 1000 of contradictions in the bible. So you can talk about hell all you want while i'm laughing.

You see i got a brain.

But i'm fighting evil - I'm fighting racist jews who have no regard for human gentile life, who have plunged countries to wars, created communism and dictatorship - and who lobby for wars against arabs.

This is serious, horrific, bloody and for the large part secret stuff you jews have been involved in.

And you are pretty shameless about this, and lying all the time trying to cover it.

Denver Colorado 80218

#67546 Feb 12, 2014
everyone is making up their own not here in The Torah fictional accountings of their unreal lives. everyone is, lying. and i do not care if you are jew, christian, agnostic, atheist or other muslim. your all lying about your not being here, in TheTorah from G-D again. because all the other devils, told you so.
E23Jer34

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

#67547 Feb 12, 2014
Eitherwise i as a pagan have very few decent rules to follow and most of all i have liberty to be my own God.

Jews and Christians have 1000's of rules to follow.

Christians do at least try to keep em.

but jews they have broken all of them and have introduced alot of evil.
I can just look up the old testament.

If you see a jew you can always check out if he is keeping his own religion by opening the bible and look up the old testament.

Denver Colorado 80218

#67548 Feb 12, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews believe they are related to abraham, the who essense of the biblical nonsense that is filled up in those retard brain is that they are of pure race, pure jewish blood.
In their view that makes them better than everyone else.
And even if you try to deny that now - Then i can quote talmud and the bible to show how jews in the past realy define as jewish.
rabbee: well i do not give a damn, about what you believe jews believe. and i do not accept the writing of men, i only accept the writing from G-D given to Moshe. i do not need, any of your gnostic scripture or theirs. every known nation on earth, was represented at mt seeanee. so i am not into, the tribalizing of G-D. the redemption of the whole world is at stake here, not just one selfish arrogant tribe claiming G-D is on our side. when they are not really on the side of G-D while saying it. i am not here for the redemption of vain or petty groups of arrogant snobs. nor do i care about any of you all and your grandmother, who are all pretending like you are not here in The Story from G-D again. none of you are holy, because you are mentally only not here in TheTorah from G-D again. i do not want to hear your excuses for your sins, because you have been deceived into believing you are not here in TheTorah today.

Denver Colorado 80218

#67549 Feb 12, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan or the devil only means adversary. And yes i'm seen as the adversary to the jews i understnad that.
But it's pretty moronic to believe in concepts that the bible has invented since there are 1000 of contradictions in the bible. So you can talk about hell all you want while i'm laughing.
You see i got a brain.
But i'm fighting evil - I'm fighting racist jews who have no regard for human gentile life, who have plunged countries to wars, created communism and dictatorship - and who lobby for wars against arabs.
This is serious, horrific, bloody and for the large part secret stuff you jews have been involved in.
And you are pretty shameless about this, and lying all the time trying to cover it.
rabbee: hasatan is adversary to WHOM? as it appears, you are working for him as an adversary to G-D also. you have too many attributes of hasatan, to not be a genuine worshiper of hasatan, or maybe even baal hamolech, but probably not halooseefer.

and what do you mean you jews, since i am not a jew? can you! even go one second without lying here? i am neither jew, christian, agnostic, atheist or other muslim. i am The HisSon of G-D, adam who has been returned after the death of Adam according to scripture from G-D. so there for i have no ancestors on earth, except by proxy of a Surrogate Mother's association. it is by association only not, really part of the linage.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67550 Feb 12, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Came across this- Re: beliefs
The Talmud Pays Little Attention to What Jews Believe, Yet Asks Them To Have Faith
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-reli...
".......Usually the follower of a religion is called a “believer,” but the Talmud pays little attention to what Jews believe. What concerns the rabbis is what they do, down to the smallest detail—for instance, which shoe ought to be put on first in the morning.
Yet choreography is not quite the right metaphor here, since the goal of the rabbis is not to produce a graceful or beautiful life, but a holy one. So, Jewish observance can also be likened to a technology—a series of tools that, if used correctly, will produce the desired result, which is to please God and win his blessing. The Talmud, then, would be a manual of sacred technology, showing how to calibrate every prayer, ritual, and action so that it will be most effective......
The very desire "...to please God and win his blessing" stems from sort of religious belief.

What or who is god? Why do we want to please him?

Thought (or belief) determines behavior aka action.

Why do Rabbis care "what they do, down to the smallest detail—for instance, which shoe ought to be put on?'

For the result? ok - why?

"Produce the desired result?" Why? To please god and win his blessing.

Who? Why?

It all goes back to the underlying faith or belief.

Without that, there would be no focused behavior/action.

Why bother?

Denver Colorado 80218

#67551 Feb 12, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Eitherwise i as a pagan have very few decent rules to follow and most of all i have liberty to be my own God.
Jews and Christians have 1000's of rules to follow.
Christians do at least try to keep em.
but jews they have broken all of them and have introduced alot of evil.
I can just look up the old testament.
If you see a jew you can always check out if he is keeping his own religion by opening the bible and look up the old testament.
rabbee: oh so is this your excuse for breaking, all the commandments from G-D? because the jews, are breaking them? and what makes your evil, any less worse than any jew? and i am G-D'S Son, i can tell your breaking the law right now. i do not need to check in TheTorah, to see your not here in The Torah disbelief of G-D. i do not want to hear, from you why christians and jews are breaking all the commands of G-D. i want to know, why are you breaking them all?

if you are not here in TheTorah, G-D is still giving today. you have broken every one, of the commandments of G-D. do you really think, your excuse is good enough to excuse your continuous sinning? your just another example, of the devils deceitful works.

Denver Colorado 80218

#67552 Feb 12, 2014
without lies, there would be no codependent diverse separations of earth so divided. lies cannot exist without the creation of enemies, associates, and allied as friends. the only thing, the lack of truth of G-D does is create adversaries and allies. and the original sin that results in all other sinning, is the refusal to accept being here in TheTorah from HaShem G-D.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Henry 1,536,608
News Dumbing down high school 23 min John Ratzenberger 5
bring back vocational schools!! 32 min HugePoliticalBoBo 40
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 63,622
Trump Puddy Comment Worst Ever 1 hr Cheese 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 240,961
News Chicago's population decline continues for the ... 1 hr Retribution 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages