Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 3,026)

Showing posts 60,501 - 60,520 of64,970
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Messianics pretend to be Jews in order to convert actual Jews to their Xtian beliefs, The Messianic movement was created and still funded by various Xtian denominations.
It appears these others, not sure what you call them, just want to be left alone (an more importantly, leave others alone) to do their thing.
As far as I'm concerned, you can believe that Slim Whitman is the messiah and yodel three times a day as long as you don't call yourself Jewish.
Young Ricky---Messianics pretend to be Jews in order to convert actual Jews to their Xtian beliefs

HughBe--- What makes someone an ACTUAL Jew? Are there ACTUAL Jews in the Messianic movement?

Since: Jan 14

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

ORDER FROM DISORDER:

Since the evidence from cosmology, neuroscience, biochemistry, evolution and mystical experience indicates that consciousness is not a thing but an activity of energy/matter of a system thus it's easy to understand the basic fact that consciousness develops as energy/matter gets a little organized on account of the inherent attraction and repulsion forces at work forging the requisite degree of harmony. Just a little tilt in favor of the correct balance of the interacting forces of a system and there consciousness makes an appearance as a result of this faint degree of organization that arises. If many points of organization appear from the correct mix of the forces of attraction/repulsion then a certain degree of organization appears in the universe and this then kicks starts the process of producing galaxies, finely tuned physical constants and finally material structures like sentient entities.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Why is our universe so ordered when energy/matter are so random and destructive in nature? Is the human being who lives in a state of existence far away from equilibrium stable? Why does there exist this persistent experience of awareness at all times in the waking state?
Joel---Why is our universe so ordered when energy/matter are so random and destructive in nature?

Hugh--- Greetings dear, Joel. The question is a very good one and it tells me that there is an extremely HIGH level of INTELLIGENCE for things to be as you have said and I would add POWER. Share your thoughts, on the matter.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

It is 9:41 here and I have had a hard day. Good night.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
Cult of Reason--What a bizarre rant. Is it that time of the month for you?
HughBe--- The thing is, your nonsense above is not strange and indeed it is a typical rant that one expects from you. In addition, it is that time of month when I try to enlighten those that dwell in darkness e.g. YOU.
COR---Tell me, Hugh, what is a Labarum. Which letters does it consist of? What was it used for?
HughBe--- 1. I have no idea. 2. I know about your DUMB part but I was not aware that you were also BLIND. Anyhow, the letters are : L-A-B-A-R-U-M. Tell me, do you understand that YOU have spoken about LETTERS and NOT a letter?
So when you speak about LETTERS I take it that in your neck of the HOLE it means ONE letter and it explains your use of xtian and xtianity. Please be kind and tell me the labarum LETTERS in your words. 3. Toilet paper?
COR---Go do some homework and get back to me you silly xtian.
HUghBe--- As you know personally, when confronted with reality and truth the weak-minded express themselves as you have done.
Now go as you were instructed to. The instructions are below.
HughBe--- You are NOT a bloody fool and YOU know that your "xtianity" is DISRESPECTFUL etc.(Flattery)
Lesson 1-- no Christian would refer to the religion in that way.
Do you care to hazard a guess as to why Christians would not speak the way that you did?
Give it a try.
I want YOU to speak to any real atheists or agnostic and NOT a pretender like you and describe Christianity in the way that you did and see his or her response. Do the same to ANY Christian that you know or encounter in your area and let me know the response.
Wake-up, COR.
And the bizarre rant continues.

Go educate yourself on what the 'x' represents, foolish xtian.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

REPLY TO HUGH:

Our universe is a mass of destructive activities with galaxies colliding, stars exploding, harsh conditions everywhere except on earth, struggle and competition among the species on earth, suffering, diseases, decomposition and death and a final heat death of the universe.
Intelligence or consciousness is not a thing but an activity of energy/matter.

Consciousness is not a thing since it's devoid of stuff.

Consciousness is not activity since it does not have energy that is needed to do work.

Certain drugs alter consciousness in sentient entities, damage to neurons creates imbalances in consciousness and death of neurons results in disappearance of consciousness.

So, the only plausible explanation is that intelligence/consciousness is merely a product of energy/matter that emerges as a result of molecular organization and molecular activity.

At the universal scale, consciousness puts in an appearance as an epiphenomenon in an anisotropic system when the clashing and opposing tendencies (attractive and repulsive forces) of the system enter into a state of harmony howsoever minuscule which then correspondingly gives rise to certain degree of consciousness. This state is the turning point in the movement towards manifesting the cosmos from chaos.

The greater the degree of organization in the system, the greater is the degree of consciousness.

Like space and time, consciousness is a phenomenon of energy/matter.

Consciousness is not the noumenon.

Consciousness is a phenomenon of energy/matter in various stages of organization.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't. I no longer get the newsletter because of back dues.
Cheapskate. No wonder we can't afford a club house.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

As the human brain got better and better organized at the neuronal level over the millennia, it became capable of manifesting a greater and a still greater degree of consciousness. This explains the progress of civilization from primitiveness to great knowledge.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Intelligence or consciousness is not a thing but an activity of energy/matter.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Hey, a non-IITian, Satya Nadella has been appointed the CEO of Microsoft. Nadella is said to be great in sucking up to his seniors. Microsoft is in decline. Let's see if Nadella can revive the sinking fortunes of MS. Leaving aside the immature display of pride in the Indian press on Nadella's appointment as CEO of MS, I think Nadella will become another non-performing Indian CEO of a MNC. This reminds me of Vikram Pandit (another non-IITian) of Citibank who abruptly resigned as CEO in 2012. His step down was welcomed by the board of directors.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>Cheapskate. No wonder we can't afford a club house.
You should see the headquarters of the International Jewish Conspiracy Inc. it makes Versailles look like a bus station.

We got it all. Hover jet landing pads, hollow volcano, henchmen in blue jumpsuits, and polycarbonate tanks for the sharks (with frikkin' lasers on their heads).

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

It is reported that 13 Indians head global companies and of them 4 are alum of St Stephen's, New Delhi, which is perhaps the most prestigious institution for humanities in India after JNU. This makes St Stephen's the most prolific producer, in the Indian context, of CEOs of global companies. Next is IIM-A (Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad) having contributed 3 CEOs heading global corporations.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

13 INDIAN CEOs OF GLOBAL COMPANIES:

1) Satya Nadella, MS

2) Rajeev Vasudeva heading professional services firm Egon Zehnder

3) Ivan Menezes of Diageo, the alcoholic beverages firm

4) Ajay Banga head of Mastercard

5) Piyush Gupta of financial services DBS Group

6) Anshu Jain who heads Deutsche Bank

7) Indra Nooyi who heads Pepsico

8) Ajit Jain boss of Berkshire Hathaway

9) Dinesh Paliwal heads Harman International, a firm that manufactures audio equipment for homes and automobiles

10) Shantanu Narayen heads Adobe

11) Sanjay Mehrotra head of SanDisk

12) Rakesh Kapoor heads Reckitt Benckiser

13)?

(Times of India report, Feb 6, 2014)

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Another Indian, Nitin Nohria, is the 10th and the current dean of Harvard Business School.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Indian-origin professor Rakesh Khurana to head Harvard College.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Non-dualism means that the multiplicity of the universe is the manifestation of one source. In simple language, it means that the creator and the created are one in the essence.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

THE GOD FEELING IS HEIGHTENED BRAIN ACTIVITY:

1) The consciousness of nature is feeble as the degree of organization of matter as not as complex as human brain matter.

2) A particular line of molecular organization that over billions of years came into the correct degree of complexity as a result of random interactions produced life and sentient creatures through evolution.

3) A computer is not visibly conscious since its molecular complexity is rudimentary.

4) The highest degree of consciousness is not out there but is in the brain and represents the highest frequency of brain activity that's capable of being generated.

5) Yoga forges more complex/more efficient neuronal networking and the result is that a greater degree of consciousness manifests in the brain of the yogi.

6) The brain consciousness that radiates out of the body via EMR can merge with the waves of EM energy emanating from objects and sentient beings in the environment to produce a kind of a unified effect - the feeling of the universal I. In this expanded state, the epiphenomenon of individual consciousness can make more potent use of its own faculties, manipulate via the EM field the energies of objects and of sentient beings and feel like God.

7) God is a creation of this kind of heightened brain activity and the concomitant perception of expansion of the individual's consciousness that it produces.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

God is a product of brain activity.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

God = Heightened Brain Activity.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Joel rocks! Joel rules! Yeah!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,501 - 60,520 of64,970
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min the cleaner 1,033,656
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min prognosticator 96,013
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,395
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 22 min _Zoey_ 4,022
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min ritedownthemiddle 42,933
American Escrow: Illinois attorney general prob... (Mar '09) 58 min Indy Girl 322
Emporio Armani Jackets On Sale! 1 hr Latin_Rexes33 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance