Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,541
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#66306 Jan 22, 2014
Does it ever stop talking?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#66307 Jan 22, 2014
Yoga is a movement in consciousness from the anisotropic effects to its isotropic causes - a movement from the particulars to the generals.

Location hidden

#66308 Jan 22, 2014
The attainment of the equilibrium condition in consciousness-energy field - perfect stasis - is the highest aim of Yoga.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#66309 Jan 22, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
Does it ever stop talking?
It doesnt appear so.

Maybe its a bot.

Location hidden

#66310 Jan 22, 2014
The Personal God of the various religions - YHVH, Baal, Moloch, Baphomet, Vishnu, Brahma, Ahura Mazda and others - is a product of the concentrated will of the Yogi that becomes an anthropopathic extension of the Yogi's personality in the universal energy field. Each religion has its own Personal God and besides there exist in the universal energy field millions of such created anthropopathic formations unleashed by the mind power of the Yogis. LOL.

Location hidden

#66311 Jan 22, 2014
"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."

- William Shakespeare

Location hidden

#66312 Jan 22, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt appear so.
Maybe its a bot.
Forever disproving the concept of artificial intelligence.

We may never be destroyed by Skynet, but at least our call centres will be safe.

Location hidden

#66313 Jan 22, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Forever disproving the concept of artificial intelligence.
We may never be destroyed by Skynet, but at least our call centres will be safe.
I shudder at the thought

Speaking of shuddering, after much thought, I am thinking I did see the 79 Trek movie after all - not the reboot. Which was why I was probably disappointed. But little did I know at the time that to REALLY experience the force of the revelation of the original series, one had to watch stoned late at night in college.

Location hidden

#66314 Jan 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
- William Shakespeare
curious choice of a quotation by a guy that continually prophesies supramental doom and gloom.

Location hidden

#66315 Jan 22, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I shudder at the thought
Speaking of shuddering, after much thought, I am thinking I did see the 79 Trek movie after all - not the reboot. Which was why I was probably disappointed. But little did I know at the time that to REALLY experience the force of the revelation of the original series, one had to watch stoned late at night in college.
There was a great drinking game we played in university with the Original 'Star Trek'-- anytime a character said, "Warp Factor ....", "Damnit, Jim ...", "Fascinating", or "Energize", we took a drink. No one was sober by the ending credits.

Location hidden

#66316 Jan 22, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a great drinking game we played in university with the Original 'Star Trek'-- anytime a character said, "Warp Factor ....", "Damnit, Jim ...", "Fascinating", or "Energize", we took a drink. No one was sober by the ending credits.
That's very socialized of you. A more capitalist version would of pitted one against another until the most efficient drinker survived. Was this before you accepted Ayn into your heart?

:)

Location hidden

#66317 Jan 22, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very socialized of you. A more capitalist version would of pitted one against another until the most efficient drinker survived. Was this before you accepted Ayn into your heart?
:)
Ms Rand was ALWAYS in my heart.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#66318 Jan 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That was good research! I agree but I always wondered why
he wouldn't cop to it.
But now he's off to some Klingon/Dingleberry convention so we won't
hear from him for a while.
I heard they just like to hang out (at those conventions).

Location hidden

#66319 Jan 22, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms Rand was ALWAYS in my heart.
oo la la

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ayn-r...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#66320 Jan 22, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we, or I, ruled out the 7th Day thing. I dont remember why.
I know a few of them, and they tend to be nonjudgemental. They definitely get along with Jewish people - no rivalry. At least the few I know do.
The Gay Jamaican also once told us he attends more than one church - he rotates. Probably because no single church will allow him to stay too long as he probably gets on their nerves.
I posted a link a while back showing the Church of God (7th Day) to be very anti-Semitic. I'll see if I can find that post or the link again.

Location hidden

#66322 Jan 22, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a link a while back showing the Church of God (7th Day) to be very anti-Semitic. I'll see if I can find that post or the link again.
I can only speak from personal experience - data set equals two. The wife of a good friend of mine, and a neighbor that I have interacted much with over the years. Both of them have been curious about my background, and neither of them have "invited" me to socialize with their church or shared any strong beliefs with me.

I think, bottom line is, regardless of tribal affiliations, that some people are nice people, and some people are not. We know where the Jamaican stands on this spectrum.

Location hidden

#66323 Jan 22, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Oh behave!

Location hidden

#66324 Jan 22, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh behave!
Good for all of us that I ran out of tissues the other day
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66325 Jan 22, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, please read and respond. I am taking my questions one by one.
Ezekiel 6:5 And I will lay the dead carcases of the children of ISRAEL before their IDOLS"
What did GOD call them?
Who were they worshipping?
PS: If you make an HONEST attempt at the above I shall ignore the rest of my previous post. I shall introduce another point and I want us to reason together.
Finally, keep your misguided/lying and foolish opinion about who is a Jew to yourself and the spiritual PHARAOHS of Judaism aka rabbis and FOCUS on the words of God or what is found in the Tanach.
Now son, do as you are told and you shall see the LIGHT.
I don't believe in god so you will have to probe me in a different manner.

Also, I lack the biblical knowledge to respond to your query, Mr. Queer.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66326 Jan 22, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Oh Former dear, here is more help for you and the god-men of Judaism.
It is NOT the other point that I spoke of, it is just one of many passages that call you and them LIARS.
Your point is, once a Jew does not follow Judaism s/he is not a JEW.....
You couldn't be more wrong.

And point out where I actually wrote the words you attribute to me.

A Jew will still be Jewish ethnically if leaves Judaism. He will be an ethnic Jew but not a religious Jew.

I know we have covered all this before and no doubt Frijoles is laughing at me for even engaging you on this subject yet again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Lily Boca Raton FL 1,115,554
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min Mister Tonka 98,373
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min Kristy 47,065
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 1 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Jesus Christ, the Son of God 3 hr Son of God 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]