Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,397
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65935 Jan 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but he is usually funny as sht! Most talented TV comedian at this time, IMO
Assume you mean Jimmy Fallen vs Kimmel,

I don't enjoy his whole show but agree he is very talented.

Overall, I still like Letterman and Feruguson. Co.nan at times too.

I have my doubts that Seth Myers will be able to carry the show
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65936 Jan 15, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that. There are many politicians I see on TV that would qualify as funny.
Still, as far as professional comedians currently on TV go, I think Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are tops, though much credit also goes to their writing staffs.
Love Colbert!

Good-hearted and funny as shxt!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#65937 Jan 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a fan of his since the "Win Ben Stein's Money" show.
Google these two clips.
"I'm fxckng Matt Damon"
and
"I'm fxcnking Ben Affleck"
How do we know Jimmy didn't dump Sarah Silverman??
She's pretty funny too, most of the time.
At an event the night before Paris Hilton was to go to jail - with Paris in attendance - Sarah says:
"They were going to paint the jail bars to look like penises to make Paris feel at home but they didn't want her to break or teeth on them."
Ben Stein. What a tool. Lost all respect for him after he came out with his intelligent design "documentary" "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed".
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65938 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE----In many ways, I am the spitting image of my late dad.

Hugh--- That explains many things. Now, if you would be so kind as to remind me of ALL of the "good" things that you have repeatedly said about your father I shall be eternally grateful to you, dearest.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65939 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE----You're a pervert, my dear Hugh.

Hugh--- It seems to me that you have crossed over onto the wrong side.

Joel---You're obsessed with sex.

Hugh--- I KNOW but it is the normal type. Previously, I asked you how were things at your end and in my mind I did not get a response. Do so now, please.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65940 Jan 15, 2014
Science cannot answer questions on right, wrong, transcendent, love, sadness, compassion, cruelty, selfishness, selflessness, jealousy, cunning, will, nostalgia, intent, hatred and injustice since all these qualities can only be explained through the consciousness as they're related to consciousness in action and as known science hasn't a clue about consciousness despite its demonstration of the death of mind with the death of neurons....

Location hidden

#65941 Jan 15, 2014
HughBe wrote:
JOEL COOL DUDE----In many ways, I am the spitting image of my late dad.

Hugh--- That explains many things. Now, if you would be so kind as to remind me of ALL of the "good" things that you have repeatedly said about your father I shall be eternally grateful to you, dearest

I resemble my late dad in looks to a large extent.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65942 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL wrote:
JOEL ----So, what is the source of evil?
HUGH---- The answer is not black and white. It also depends on your definition of evil. Tell me what is your definition of evil and I shall be in a better position to answer your question.
JOEL: Good and bad are not 2 different things since then the valid question can be asked what is the causal connection between good and bad.
So, bad is just a deformation of good.
To pervert the truth (good), the capacity for perverting the truth has to exist as an innate aspect of the self-existent system, otherwise good cannot be twisted and made bad nor will bad be capable of getting converted into good.
The self-existent system referred to above is holistic.
Good? Anything that helps in the growth of consciousness and concomitantly it could also mean karma by which harm (in the form of injustice, persecution, murder, theft, slander, jealousy, hatred, fanaticism, greed, rage and other ills) is not inflicted on any one, not even on animals, plants and birds or soil, water and air.
Good is just an aspect of a duality of good and bad and so like light and shadow it is evident that where there is good there also exists bad as the deformation of good.
Thus, if your God is all good then the nature of your God remains incomplete and his existence is one of perpetual struggle with the forces of bad that're causally separate from the system which is illogical.
The transcendent is above the dual aspects of good and bad which then places the transcendental realms above the station of your good God.
So, what is the source of evil (bad) in your belief system?
My question was simple but you have not answered it. Here it is again. Tell me what is your definition of evil.

Hint: Forget about my God etc. just focus.

Location hidden

#65943 Jan 15, 2014
And what science cannot explain it rejects as "fiction" which demonstrates its limitations.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65944 Jan 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Love Colbert!
Good-hearted and funny as shxt!!
Former---Good-hearted and funny as shxt!!

HughBe--- A not surprising comment, Mon.

Location hidden

#65945 Jan 15, 2014
Yoga uses the "awakened mind" as the only instrument of investigation.

Location hidden

#65946 Jan 15, 2014
A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE IS A DANGEROUS THING:

Using electric impulses or brain electrodes, it is possible to engineer an OBE since the stimulus causes the energy field tied-in with the brain to lift outside the body. However, this "scientific" method of forcing an OBE is fraught with grave danger as by forcibly causing the brain energy field with its innate intelligence to leave the brain it may create imbalances in the energy field or upset the delicate neuronal connections that serve as the physico-chemical pathways for the energy field to traverse when infused in the brain.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Scientists, beware!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65947 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Yoga uses the "awakened mind" as the only instrument of investigation.
So pluck out the eyes, stop the ears, plug the nostrils, deaden the senses etc of all yogis.

Location hidden

#65948 Jan 15, 2014
While science proceeds by the observer-observed method, yoga employs the method of omnijectiveness involving the union in conscious-energy field of the subject with the object.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65949 Jan 15, 2014
later

Location hidden

#65950 Jan 15, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

So pluck out the eyes, stop the ears, plug the nostrils, deaden the senses etc of all yogis.
It would make no difference if the brain and sense organs like nose, ears etc of a yogi were plugged or made inoperational.

This is because when the yogi's energy field with its innate consciousness enters into a state of the higher frequencies of vibration the need for perception or for sensory experience via the physical organs is bypassed and the yogi directly perceives or senses everything in various dimensions through the awakened field that can separate itself rom the organs.

In the ordinary state, the organs like brain, nose, ears, tongue etc serve as the physical instruments of the energy field with its inherent consciousness to act.

With ordinary people, the energy field is indistinguishable from the physical organs since both vibrate at roughly the same frequency and so damage to one would impair the action of the other.

With the yogis, the tied-in energy field with its native consciousness begins vibrating at a much higher frequency than gross matter and thus it loosens itself from the bonding with the gross physical organs and so damage or plugging or desensitizing of the brain and sense organs would not hamper its functioning.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65951 Jan 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume you mean Jimmy Fallen vs Kimmel,
I get them confused (no TV remember? I rely on youtube) but I really like Kimmel. He is a great performer.

Location hidden

#65952 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Lost it in the lounge of a local bank.
Banks in India have lounges? Thats even worse. On so many levels.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#65953 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
And what science cannot explain it rejects as "fiction" which demonstrates its limitations.
rabbee: science is the art of proving, not the art of explaining. the art of explaining, is called, bs, theory, fiction, mythology, magic, con, lie, fraud, soccer, witchcraft, fabricator, deceiver.

things that can't be proven, remain as theories. that which, can be proven are called laws. forever expanding explanations without actual proof, are the signs of a hoax.

and if you wish to discuss your religion, of science and technology. then take them to the, science and technology message boards. we are not discussing, your religions here.

science and technology, are not The Two of One HaMosheeach. science and technology, is not the savior of this world.- and neither is, indian nationalism, or any other nationalism. america, russia, china, yesrael, iran, cannot save the world either. none of these religions of men, can save the world. they, can't even save themselves from themselves.

and only one of us, is the receiver of the message from G-D.

Location hidden

#65954 Jan 15, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a fan of his since the "Win Ben Stein's Money" show.
Google these two clips.
"I'm fxckng Matt Damon"
and
"I'm fxcnking Ben Affleck"
How do we know Jimmy didn't dump Sarah Silverman??
She's pretty funny too, most of the time.
At an event the night before Paris Hilton was to go to jail - with Paris in attendance - Sarah says:
"They were going to paint the jail bars to look like penises to make Paris feel at home but they didn't want her to break or teeth on them."
Pretty darn funny. Especially the Affleck. Who was the guy on the piano at the "we are the world" chorus" at the end?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,110,129
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 18 min _Zoey_ 7,785
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 20 min _Zoey_ 324
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min litesong 46,737
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min Obama Sux 49,875
Abby 9-20 38 min Mister Tonka 11
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,499
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••