Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,396
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65914 Jan 15, 2014
In yogic parlance, energy is simply fine matter or it is a field of matter vibrating at a higher frequency than its condensed counterpart (gross matter).

Location hidden

#65915 Jan 15, 2014
MORE ON THE YOGIC DEFINITION OF ENERGY:

Fine matter on account of its range of higher degrees of vibration can do work in objects made of condensed fine matter (gross matter) that vibrates at a lower frequency. Thus, energy is some potentiality (fine matter with higher frequency vibrations) inherent in gross matter that can do work. No one can answer the question "what stuff makes up energy?" except by stating that energy is the capacity to do work that's innate in matter. So, the yogic definition of energy as constituting fine matter that vibrates at a higher frequency and which is capable of doing work in and through its condensed aspect (gross matter) makes good sense. Otherwise, we're left fumbling for an answer about the stuff constituting energy.

Thanks to the ancient Saankhyaa Philosophy of the Sage Kapila that denotes energy as simply rarefied matter called "pradhaan" with gross matter called "annam" which is the condensed form of the fine matter.
The Saankhyaa says that Aaakaash is the intermediate state between fine matter and gross matter,

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65916 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
So, you know nothing about the higher states of consciousness
But yet I am not the one to foolhardily loose 40k at a train station.

Location hidden

#65917 Jan 15, 2014
Or paranoid enough to hire a "detective" to find out who is allegedly following me.

What a great role model!

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#65918 Jan 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But, that was Rs40,000 -- about $3.45

Location hidden

#65919 Jan 15, 2014
#t=213

Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Kimmel making fun of Chris Christie

Bridgegate parody song

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#65920 Jan 15, 2014
Jimmy Kimmel -- most famous for being dumped by Sarah Silverman

Location hidden

#65921 Jan 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
Jimmy Kimmel -- most famous for being dumped by Sarah Silverman
Yeah but he is usually funny as sht! Most talented TV comedian at this time, IMO

Location hidden

#65922 Jan 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
Once upon a time in the armed forces, you would be discharged for admitting to being gay. Many a straight serviceman or woman used that as a quick way out of an enlistment contract ... that is the background for this joke.
A sailor goes to the medical officer asking for a discharge based on the fact that he was gay. The medical officer asked, "How do you know you're gay?" The sailor replied, "Well ... I've had sex with another man" The MO responded with, "Can you tell me how many times you've had sex with men?" The sailor said, "Five times".
The MO said, "Don't worry about it. I did it at least fifty times before I figured out I didn't like it"
Apropro, I got rid of a very pesky recruiter in High School but telling him I was "tending towards" gay.(I even had a girlfriend at the time - not that the recruiters were bright enough to realize that). It worked, no more phone calls. I dont recollect which service branch it was though - probably air force.(Should of told him I was Jewish - in retrospect that is even worse for the Air Force).
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65923 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL----HUGH, I didn't EAT that.

Hugh--- Half of your life is gone as a result of not eating fish. The same for the fellows but their reasons for not eating it are different from yours. I believe that they are allergic to the fish and so would not eat. They specialize in eating crab backs.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65924 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Hugh,
You said that the God that you worship is all good.
So, what is the source of evil?
Is there anything beyond good and evil?
How did this God of yours create energy, matter and consciousness from nothing so as to create the cosmos?
How will this energy, natter and consciousness be dissolved back into nothing at the end?
Joel---You said that the God that you worship is all good.

Hugh---- Correct and in Him is NO unrighteousness.

Joel----So, what is the source of evil?

Hugh---- The answer is not black and white. It also depends on your definition of evil. Tell me what is your definition of evil and I shall be in a better position to answer your question. Note, I shall answer it.

Location hidden

#65925 Jan 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Lost it in the lounge of a local bank.

Location hidden

#65926 Jan 15, 2014
HughBe wrote:
JOEL----HUGH, I didn't EAT that.

Hugh--- Half of your life is gone as a result of not eating fish. The same for the fellows but their reasons for not eating it are different from yours. I believe that they are allergic to the fish and so would not eat. They specialize in eating crab backs.
You're a pervert, my dear Hugh.

You're obsessed with sex.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65928 Jan 15, 2014
JOEL ----So, what is the source of evil?

HUGH---- The answer is not black and white. It also depends on your definition of evil. Tell me what is your definition of evil and I shall be in a better position to answer your question.

JOEL: Good and bad are not 2 different things since then the valid question can be asked what is the causal connection between good and bad.

So, bad is just a deformation of good.

To pervert the truth (good), the capacity for perverting the truth has to exist as an innate aspect of the self-existent system, otherwise good cannot be twisted and made bad nor will bad be capable of getting converted into good.

The self-existent system referred to above is holistic.

Good? Anything that helps in the growth of consciousness and concomitantly it could also mean karma by which harm (in the form of injustice, persecution, murder, theft, slander, jealousy, hatred, fanaticism, greed, rage and other ills) is not inflicted on any one, not even on animals, plants and birds or soil, water and air.

Good is just an aspect of a duality of good and bad and so like light and shadow it is evident that where there is good there also exists bad as the deformation of good.

Thus, if your God is all good then the nature of your God remains incomplete and his existence is one of perpetual struggle with the forces of bad that're causally separate from the system which is illogical.

The transcendent is above the dual aspects of good and bad which then places the transcendental realms above the station of your good God.

So, what is the source of evil (bad) in your belief system?

Location hidden

#65929 Jan 15, 2014
Good, bad and transcendent are the triple interconvertible aspects of one self-existent system.

Location hidden

#65930 Jan 15, 2014
In many ways, I am the spitting image of my late dad.

Location hidden

#65931 Jan 15, 2014
Honey mustard
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65932 Jan 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but he is usually funny as sht! Most talented TV comedian at this time, IMO
I've been a fan of his since the "Win Ben Stein's Money" show.

Google these two clips.

"I'm fxckng Matt Damon"
and

"I'm fxcnking Ben Affleck"

How do we know Jimmy didn't dump Sarah Silverman??

She's pretty funny too, most of the time.

At an event the night before Paris Hilton was to go to jail - with Paris in attendance - Sarah says:

"They were going to paint the jail bars to look like penises to make Paris feel at home but they didn't want her to break or teeth on them."
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65933 Jan 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
Once upon a time in the armed forces, you would be discharged for admitting to being gay. Many a straight serviceman or woman used that as a quick way out of an enlistment contract ... that is the background for this joke.
A sailor goes to the medical officer asking for a discharge based on the fact that he was gay. The medical officer asked, "How do you know you're gay?" The sailor replied, "Well ... I've had sex with another man" The MO responded with, "Can you tell me how many times you've had sex with men?" The sailor said, "Five times".
The MO said, "Don't worry about it. I did it at least fifty times before I figured out I didn't like it"
That's the "Old college try"....... X 50!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#65934 Jan 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that. There are many politicians I see on TV that would qualify as funny.

Still, as far as professional comedians currently on TV go, I think Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are tops, though much credit also goes to their writing staffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Emeem 1,110,759
OnePotChefShow 12 min Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 54 min andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 2 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 2 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago